The Drape of Shame issue

Class Development
This item just feels bad to use as a healer.

Granted Kara M+ will make it less painful due to more frequent high ilvl Drape.

Regardless, it feels bad to be forced into some items on your tier set simply because this cloak is acting as a legendary for any healer maxing crit, in other words, it completely locks the Cloak slot, preventing us to use the Tier cloak if we need to.

The "arcanocrystal" treatment can't apply to this one, because of what I mentioned above already about Kara, and because it actually scales with our gear, compared to Arcanocrystal.

This is just a poor decision to ignore such an overpowered item, at this rate I'm starting to think I won't ever need to get a new cloak for the expansion.
Well that was quick, lol.

https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/status/842553851207073792
We've been talking about this one quite a lot. Having a significantly out-of-band item existing on live is always a dilemma. We either nerf it and deflate the players who had the excitement of getting it (or even worse, actively invested a lot of time and effort into getting it), or leave it in place potentially distorting future behavior. And the longer we wait, the worse it gets. So deciding usually relies on the judgment of whether the situation will taper off if we leave it alone (due to higher-level items eventually becoming available), or will get worse somehow.

In the case of Drape of Shame, the base Mythic version would potentially have been acceptable to leave alone once it was live. But the imminent arrival of Mythic Keystone Karazhan was a clear way that this particular problem would rise to a new level if we left it alone. So it was better to make a change now, even at the risk of disappointing some players who have it (they have still gotten to enjoy it for some time throughout the current tier), to avoid re-creating the same problem anew in the next tier.
For Shame!
So when are we getting to the 1 button 40 million damage melee trinket since we are talking about OP as S trinkets.

Draught of Souls

Don't understand how having to run kara is any different then having to do world boss every bunch of weeks and praying for an arcano.

p.s i dont use drape since i am dps
I like this item and am farming for a titanforged version as we speak. :)
just remove this titanforged warforged system, it doesn't work well in this game
don't just put all D3 aspects into WoW, that's not good
03/16/2017 07:40 PMPosted by Sigma
So it was better to make a change now

What was the change?

Edit: My bad, just saw the post above the blue.
03/16/2017 07:02 PMPosted by Tiphess

Bonus is nerfed from 10% to 5%.
Even with this change higher ilvl drapes from Kara M+ will still be BiS for most healers. I say rip the bandaid off and remove the effect in 7.2 gives us time to get a nondrape cloak.
03/16/2017 08:34 PMPosted by Pandaryn
Even with this change higher ilvl drapes from Kara M+ will still be BiS for most healers. I say rip the bandaid off and remove the effect in 7.2 gives us time to get a nondrape cloak.

I'm just glad I won't feel so forced into using my 860 cape instead of the 905 ones sitting in my bags. This is a welcome change, although I'd prefer they had never made the item to begin with.
03/16/2017 08:26 PMPosted by Stormaker
So it was better to make a change now

What was the change?

Edit: My bad, just saw the post above the blue.
03/16/2017 07:02 PMPosted by Tiphess

Bonus is nerfed from 10% to 5%.

Which still doesn't do anything. Lol.

Holy Priests, for instance, that have a large amount of crit, which most should since it's their 2nd best secondary, will crit for close to 2 mil with some of their spells. 5% of that is still an extra 100k healing.

That will take a LARGE amount of ilvl to ever outpace it, and with M+, it's going to be pretty easy to get it.

So the cloak will STILL be required for any serious healer planning progression.

They need to remove the effect completely. Or make it an on use effect with a cooldown, not something always active.
In the case of Drape of Shame, the base Mythic version would potentially have been acceptable to leave alone once it was live. But the imminent arrival of Mythic Keystone Karazhan was a clear way that this particular problem would rise to a new level if we left it alone. So it was better to make a change now, even at the risk of disappointing some players who have it (they have still gotten to enjoy it for some time throughout the current tier), to avoid re-creating the same problem anew in the next tier.

As someone with this cape, just remove the effect. I will get over losing a high amount of healing if I have the option to actually use something else in my cloak slot.
So we end up with stuff like

Unstable Arcanocrystal
This trinket was over budget and nerfed once already.
The team is very cautious about taking an item that people think is really good and making it so bad that people don't want to use it anymore. Doing so punishes people that have the trinket already.
Someone who wanted the trinket, gets it, and it gets nerfed the next day would also be sad.

From the last Q&A.

But the Kara trinkets and cape in this case are fair game to nerf?
I agree with removing the effect all together.
The thing is that some healer classes benefit from 2piece tier 19 a lot more than others. Nerfing the cape won't change the fact that you still will have to go to the older raids to keep up with ilvl.

Unless blizzard makes it so you can't use 2pc T19 and 4pc 20, this nerf won't matter to ppl with good set bonuses (Druid/Pally/Holy priest) vs ppl with mediocre ones (MWs/Shaman).
03/16/2017 11:26 PMPosted by Alaril
The thing is that some healer classes benefit from 2piece tier 19 a lot more than others. Nerfing the cape won't change the fact that you still will have to go to the older raids to keep up with ilvl.

Unless blizzard makes it so you can't use 2pc T19 and 4pc 20, this nerf won't matter to ppl with good set bonuses (Druid/Pally/Holy priest) vs ppl with mediocre ones (MWs/Shaman).

This is 100% correct, but it is not just t19 2pc + t20 4pc. This effects gear sets that include t19 4pc + t20 2pc, t20 4pc + t21 2pc, etc. All these combinations made drape redundant.

This isn't even considering legendaries like holy priest cloak which removed all viability of drape. The nerf is good though. People can't really qq about drape for healers when leech, arcway/cos sets, arcway neck, legendaries force you to be gear locked in specific pieces as well.
Nooo, my cloak :(
How does no one understand the actual value of this cloak?

If you are wearing an 860 drape of shame and have a ~900 ilvl cape available it isnt even close to worth it.

Just to throw out some rough estimates I crit about 30% of the time and of those crits about 40% of them are partial overheals so assuming those that arent already overhealing still wouldn't if I used this cloak then I'm getting 1.8% healing bonus overall. Incredible...it only cost me ~40 ilvl a socket and 2% crit from the cloak I'm using now. That 1.8% rough estimate is probably on the high side and isn't considering the loss of those stats to my overall healing.

The only reason to nerf it is that high ilvl drapes will be available more readily in m+ kara, not because it is breaking the live game and an 860 cloak is going to be better than whatever we find in the third raid tier.

At 5% it will be certainly under a 1% overall gain and if you dont want a chunk of versatility or it competes with a legendary/tier slot you just won't want it. Otherwise its just a cool effect on an item that may be an ilvl upgrade for you also. Mistweavers will probably still wear it (if they get a decent one) because they like versatility, is that a bad thing?

If you are wearing a drape 40 ilvl down from another cloak in your bag then you might as well continue to wear it after the change, it won't be any more silly.
How does no one understand the actual value of this cloak?
If you are wearing a drape 40 ilvl down from another cloak in your bag then you might as well continue to wear it after the change, it won't be any more silly.

The difference between my 865 drape and 905 tier cloak (a 40 item level difference) is 398 int and 132 secondary stats.

As a paladin, I am running 44% crit, with my 2pc tier bonus further increasing my healing chance. Furthermore, avenging wrath increases my critical strike chance by a further 20%. About 60% of my *effective* healing is done by a critical strike.

In it's current state, it is well worth giving up 400 int and 130 secondaries to gain 4-6% increased healing. After the nerf, it will likely still be worthwhile.
Please get rid of the effect completely.

Thank you.