As a collector, not looking forward to 7.2

General Discussion
RNG on top of RNG on top of RNG, with an RNG chance of a mount dropping.

Blizzard developers seem to be getting lazier and lazier.
03/14/2017 02:02 PMPosted by Mcrevis
03/14/2017 01:55 PMPosted by Murder
To be honest, the new RNG mount cache is what finally killed coming back to play in 7.2 for me. I planned to finish up the new reputation achievement that requires 70 exalted reps, my old old main is somewhere around 67 or so. Hopefully next expansion won't have the immense RNG and grindy feeling that Legion has.

A RNG mount cache is what did you in? I get the hatred towards how much RNG is behind gear, which I agree whole heartedly shouldn't have such a heavy presence in an MMO. But how is a RNG mount cache any different than the ridiculous RNG behind the rare mounts most of us are already farming on multiple toons? So you had some more added to the list. Big freaking deal.

This mentality of gotta have every damn thing and gotta have it soon exhibited by WoW players makes me wonder how the same people manage to function offline.

If you enjoy playing the game, instead of aiming to have every single item asap, perhaps just budget a set amount of time you will play each week, and do your best to get done what is most important, and realize the things that went unfinished are not a big deal.

All I will say is this grind to get flying is stupid. RNG for something like more mounts is more then fair and i think justified.
I just see it as a plus to something I am doing anyway. I need order resources, whats that Blizz? You want to give me a mount with those resources? Im cool with that.
03/14/2017 06:05 PMPosted by Forsaknjorny
03/14/2017 05:44 PMPosted by Youkeyoh
They really shouldn't be adding a storm drake. They should leave that model alone since it's being used for the gladiators drakes.

PvE players have always been able to get the same model as the Gladiator models with the big difference being the Gladiator versions are usually armored and better looking. Even with this Stormwing it will still be easy to tell the difference between the PvE version and the Gladiator version

Exceptions being frostwyrms in Wotlk. It's the opposite actually, I have the first glad season.

I also love TBC Glad mounts.

The newer glad mounts since Cata kinda boring.
You know, I don't mind working for stuff. But the thought of having to grind these boxes by doing world quests for years to come for a rare drop makes me ill. If it was a reasonable drop rate, that would be one thing, but when they say rare, that means they'll probably never drop ever. I've never even seen the rare drops from the current caches. I didn't even realize they existed other than the creepy Khadgar head (which I try for on every 110 I have every time that emissary pops up) until I was looking at where a rare pet came from.

This is crap.
Something else to consider is that WQs give a pitiful amount of rep, 75-250 per turn in, with the majority of rep coming from the emissary turn-in at 1500 rep. So this won't really do much to get people motivated to keep doing WQs beyond the 3-4 needed for the emissary daily.

03/14/2017 06:59 PMPosted by Adalia
I didn't even realize they existed other than the creepy Khadgar head (which I try for on every 110 I have every time that emissary pops up) until I was looking at where a rare pet came from.

There's also a pet (Thistleleaf Adventurer) from the Dreamweavers emissary cache that I've never seen, even with four characters at 110.
The only part I am fearful of is Blizzard is going to do some 1-500+ chance for this. If its like 1-10ish then ill be ok with it and it would get me back out doing the WQ again as long as there is not some insane .05% chance to get it.
Things like this have me hoping that there is a hell. And in hell, there is a Skinner Box waiting for each of the Legion devs.

And the drop rate on the pellets that it dispenses is roughly equivalent to the Khadgar's head pet from the Kirin Tor cache.
Here's an idea, why don't we take the mounts and put them in the vendors for their respective factions to be sold at exalted like every other rep mount ever made?

Rep mounts are the easiest thing if the world to implement, how could you screw this up Blizzard?

03/14/2017 07:51 PMPosted by Jalanili
And the drop rate on the pellets that it dispenses is roughly equivalent to the Khadgar's head pet from the Kirin Tor cache.

That's far too generous, Heavenly Oynx Cloud Serpent would be more fitting.
03/14/2017 01:36 PMPosted by Dendritus
"Effort for luxury items?! HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

nobody is complaining about effort for luxury items you giant dingbat.

what people have a problem with is a whole heap of effort for a small chance at an item and a large chance you wasted all that in game time and effort

every other expansion. every.single.one. has had mounts for purchase at exalted reputation, not Legion though OH NO, in keeping with the Rnglovefest it is only a chance at a rep mount, after an extra 20 k rep. Thats 20k rep for each and every chance at a mount. That is a very steep price and players are rightfully voicing their displeasure.

not that this dev team is expected to listen to anything but their own Hubris
03/14/2017 08:07 PMPosted by Phlynch
Here's an idea, why don't we take the mounts and put them in the vendors for their respective factions to be sold at exalted like every other rep mount ever made?

Rep mounts are the easiest thing if the world to implement, how could you screw this up Blizzard?

03/14/2017 07:51 PMPosted by Jalanili

That's far too generous, Heavenly Oynx Cloud Serpent would be more fitting.

I agree with you and these rep mounts should be at vendors like they have been in every xpac before this one, but since we are not getting that I at least am hoping for the best and its like a 25%ish chance to get the mount because there are 4 or 5 of them and it would be insane for all of them to have anything more then a 1-10 chance
Even if you are only doing your emissary cache daily, you Should still get enough rep by the end of Legion for at least 2 or 3 caches from each rep. I don't see the problem, provided this isn't yet another thing that will be removed with the next expansion.

And to those saying that they should be added as purchasable mounts from vendors at exalted, while I somewhat agree, this is part of Blizzards attempt at keeping faction rep relevant throughout the expansion - previously and currently, once you get to exalted with a faction, any further repgains are wasted. And anyone playing at even a casual level probably already has most, if not all, reps at exalted by now (personally, I only have two reps left at revered, and one of those is a WQ away from exalted), and we are only six months into a two year expansion.
I think Blizz employees would work much better if they knew that every 2 weeks, one person in their office would get a paycheck for $2 million.

Of course, to balance it out, everyone else would get an 835 pair of pants and a $10 Starbucks gift card. But don't think about that.

Think about that 1 lucky employee. Think about how everyone would want to be them!
Will this faction be required for flying?
03/14/2017 08:19 PMPosted by Sanarel
Even if you are only doing your emissary cache daily, you Should still get enough rep by the end of Legion for at least 2 or 3 caches from each rep. I don't see the problem, provided this isn't yet another thing that will be removed with the next expansion.

Yeah, 2-3 times for something with a "rare chance", which means we'll probably need to do them 20-30 times.

03/14/2017 08:19 PMPosted by Sanarel
And to those saying that they should be added as purchasable mounts from vendors at exalted, while I somewhat agree, this is part of Blizzards attempt at keeping faction rep relevant throughout the expansion - previously and currently, once you get to exalted with a faction, any further repgains are wasted. And anyone playing at even a casual level probably already has most, if not all, reps at exalted by now (personally, I only have two reps left at revered, and one of those is a WQ away from exalted), and we are only six months into a two year expansion.

Right, but something new in Legion is the emissary cache, which has a chance at a legendary item. Anyone who is already not doing the WQs each day for the emissary cache is someone who is not going to be interested in a large grind for a chance at a mount.
There's so much RNG in Legion I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard moved their offices to Korea.
03/14/2017 12:55 PMPosted by Mokra
The new rep grind coming in 7.2 for broken isles factions is very unappealing.

We are going to be able to grind 20k rep with factions we are already exalted with for a chance at a mount.
In the past, being exalted was enough for a mount from most factions.
Now we have to grind 20k rep for a chance at a mount, meaning for some of us we will have to grind 40, 60, 100k or more to get each mount.
Assuming they do 1 mount for each faction that is a hell of a lot of grinding they are asking us to do.

PvP Prestige pets have already put a damper on one aspect of my collecting and I think this new super exalted rep grind is going to be the nail in the coffin for me as a collector.
Blizzard is counting on your complaint being hollow enough that you'll do the grind in spite of it and not make good on your threat to play less because of it. They have hired-gun headshrinkers to analyze all this Big Data from gameplay choices and tell them statistically what you will tolerate.

I have a secret for you, the real reason for the garrison and order hall followers and mission and even world quest systems: psychohistory. Blizzard is trying to become Hari Seldon and predict what we will do before we even choose to do it. The follower missions are a means of collecting data about our behavior; the choices we make in deciding which ones to do and which ones not to do, which followers we choose to assign, which rewards we decide are reward enough, and especially what risks and "RNG" we are willing to tolerate, has given Blizzard terabytes of behavioral data to analyze.

Have you not noticed the daily alterations in the order hall missions and world quests, seemingly random tweaks to rewards and other aspects? Those aren't random: they are calculated, intended to test our response and how our choices differ, for the purpose of predicting how we will always react to a given condition. Knowing that, our behavior and choices can be "managed" without us being the wiser, and game design maximized not for quality of player experience but for shareholder profit.

Blizzard will know the limit of our tolerances for RNG and other tricks intended to extend play time with no reward, like the proverbial carrot dangled on a stick in front of the mule. What Blizzard learned about player behavior from garrison missions in WoD is likely the direct reason for the dramatic increase in RNG in Legion. Psychohistory.

Very soon now our choices will no longer be our own, because Blizzard will know precisely how to consistently manipulate us into always making the one they want us to make. The end result of all this is not better game design and increased "quality of life" for players, but rather a worsened marginalized game design and increased profits.

03/14/2017 08:29 PMPosted by Canofspinach
I think Blizz employees would work much better if they knew that every 2 weeks, one person in their office would get a paycheck for $2 million.

Of course, to balance it out, everyone else would get an 835 pair of pants and a $10 Starbucks gift card. But don't think about that.

Think about that 1 lucky employee. Think about how everyone would want to be them!
You, sir, I think must grok what I'm saying, and you have a much funnier sarcastic way of saying it. Well done.

I agree with you and these rep mounts should be at vendors like they have been in every xpac before this one, but since we are not getting that I at least am hoping for the best and its like a 25%ish chance to get the mount....
Spoken like a true addict willing to suffer anything for his next fix.
OMG! Blizzard is adding potential rewards to what I'm already doing! Why would they do that? Why can't they just give me new rewards for what I've already done! GIMME GIMME GIMME!!
03/14/2017 05:23 PMPosted by Kyveli
03/14/2017 03:01 PMPosted by Roxette

And as long as the drop rate is reasonable on these like 20% or better I have no problem, in fact I would rather they do this than have to camp rares for these.
Considering the drop rate on things like the wonderous wisdomball, I don't know why you'd think that these will have anything close to a reasonable drop rate.

well i got the wisdomball so idk - seems fine to me. seriously though because you are earning these, it isn't a straight rng drop that anyone can get, there is a prerequisite to even having a chance for them.