Blizz: get rid of healing and tanks

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
Blizzard: the time has come... get rid of healing and tanks...

I spend most of my time in game sitting around waiting for a healer and a tank. What exactly is the point???

Just let people play blizzard... I only have so much free time and waiting around for these other specialty characters seems like a giant unnecessary waste of time.

That is all.
Blizz: Get rid of DPS.

I spend most of my time in game constantly trying to explain to DPS to turn off their pet taunt, or wait for me to initiate pulls, or to make sure they know the mechanics. What's the point?

Just let me play Blizzard, I only have so much free time; and spending it trying to help these DPS who never learn seems like a giant unnecessary waste of time.

That is all.
Do what I did OP, reroll to a less enjoyable role if you want to spend less time in the queue. These complains are only going to increase though as the population continues to dip, which is why faction merge is the next logical step.
But I like healing. And sometimes like tanking.

Why are you trying to get rid of choices?

What they should do though, in my own opinion, is bring back scenarios. I liked those a lot, and didn't need a tank/healer.

Edit : also, you're playing a character that can tank. If you don't wanna wait in queue, tank it up.
No, go away. If you want to go play those mindless zerg fest games that don't have healers and tanks go ahead.
Blizz: Get rid of enemies.

I spend most of my time in game constantly trying to kill things, or avoid things, What's the point?

Just let me play Blizzard, I only have so much free time; and spending it trying to kill things who always reapawn seems like a giant unnecessary waste of time.

That is all.
Do some challenging content.

That is all.
Enormously.
It's called the holy trinity for a reason.
Is this thread trolling Blizzed, trolling little whiny players, both, or OP is jus a bad troll?
Blizzard: Just have loot at the ready at the end of the dungeon. So I can just loot and queue up for more effortless loot.

Just let me play, I only have such a limited amount of time before I have to leave for work.

k thnx bai
There are certainly other games that do away with the traditional holy-trinity structure of class roles. I think it might be a bit too late into the design cycle for this kind of pivot to occur in WoW.

I think if you'd gotten this feedback in sooner, say maybe about 14 years ago it'd be bit easier for the developers to consider.
I would, and many players who ONLY enjoy tanking/healing, quit. There are heaps of games out there EXACTLY the way you describe. No tanks, no healers. If you don't like this games meta, might I suggest moving on to a game more suited to your desires?

Also, many low level dungeons don't even use healers anymore. Up to a +10 you can actually run a tank and 4 dps and power through if you're worth your salt. Heck, you can roll tank and go pewpew dps build and outdo most of the group if you wanted and bam, queue problem solved.

The most viable solution to your problem is to join a guild and make some friends so your queue time = zero. That's complicated though, I know. Making friends is rough.
03/21/2017 09:26 AMPosted by Rowboat
There are certainly other games that do away with the traditional holy-trinity structure of class roles. I think it might be a bit too late into the design cycle for this kind of pivot to occur in WoW.

I think if you'd gotten this feedback in sooner, say maybe about 14 years ago it'd be bit easier for the developers to consider.

None of those games have raids even remotely comparable to WoW, either. Just saying.

The holy trinity makes possible a lot more design options in the design of classes and encounters.
03/21/2017 09:17 AMPosted by Kopogero
Do what I did OP, reroll to a less enjoyable role if you want to spend less time in the queue. These complains are only going to increase though as the population continues to dip, which is why faction merge is the next logical step.

They should merge servers first, but we all know they'd rather shove CRZ down our throats and up our dookers.
IMO entering a dungeon should just reward whatever loot would have been received immedietly.
03/21/2017 09:44 AMPosted by Valathor
IMO entering a dungeon should just reward whatever loot would have been received immedietly.

Why should I have to enter? Or even open a mailbox?

Blizz, put the loot right in my bags please.
03/21/2017 09:08 AMPosted by Sheffyon

I spend most of my time in game sitting around waiting for a healer and a tank. What exactly is the point???

Just let people play blizzard... I only have so much free time and waiting around for these other specialty characters seems like a giant unnecessary waste of time.

That is all.

Make your own group of druids and pally and let them switch to dps once in the dungeon. Problem solved.
03/21/2017 09:44 AMPosted by Valathor

Why even enter the dungeon at all? Make it so you can do this from the phone app. Playing at all is overrated.
03/21/2017 09:08 AMPosted by Sheffyon

That is all.

how about you get rid of yourself because there are allot of dedicated healers and tank !@#$ off will yea /delete your toon and quit the game