Blizz: get rid of healing and tanks

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
Wow so much hatred on here. Amazing. I'm just trying to make a point.

Given some people on here like playing healers and tanks (cough cough), maybe make some healer or tank only dungeons they could play too.

But at least start introducing some dps only content so people who are busy can just get playing and not sit around waiting around all day bored to death for these other lame characters to show up and grace us with their presence.

I'm sure most non forum people agree with me. But they are busy with work or friends right now and not trolling the forums.
-8.9/10. To obvious. Your fired, get the hell out.
03/21/2017 09:08 AMPosted by Sheffyon
Blizzard: the time has come... get rid of healing and tanks...

I spend most of my time in game sitting around waiting for a healer and a tank. What exactly is the point???

Just let people play blizzard... I only have so much free time and waiting around for these other specialty characters seems like a giant unnecessary waste of time.

That is all.

Better idea is to make everything LFD so you do not have to wait around for manual groups. Manual groups is an antiquated way of doing their groups and serves no purpose but to waste players time. Blizzard tries and tell us that it builds social communities and builds relationships. It is all a bunch but of nonsense because players want to play the game and not manage groups. If they want a social game then there are plenty of them out there like the SIMs. While players do socialize, even in guild most players do not have a lot of time and want to get right to it and not hang out chatting it up.

It's all a bunch of Blizzard self righteous nonsense.

Rock on!
03/21/2017 09:47 AMPosted by Sheffyon
But at least start introducing some dps only content so people who are busy can just get playing and not sit around waiting around all day bored to death for these other lame characters to show up and grace us with their presence.
They did in MoP. It wasn't popular or it would have carried over.
Dear Blizz. Please take away roles that others enjoy playing because I'm triggered at the perceived effect it's having on me enjoying the role I chose.

But the point you're trying to make doesn't make sense.

They did this once. It was called Scenarios. No one liked them. They stopped making them.
I'm sure most non forum people agree with me. But they are busy with work or friends right now and not trolling the forums.

I bet they don't. And I bet they're not busy at all, they're in game playing because they have friends who are tanks and healers.

They did in MoP - scenarios. I loved them personally - never longer than a 5 minute queue, and a quick easy way to get currencies and do stuff in a short period of time.

I suppose they weren't popular enough though - I would think if they were an overwhelming success, they would have continued them. I wish they would have though.
03/21/2017 10:25 AMPosted by Prïmrose

They did in MoP - scenarios. I loved them personally - never longer than a 5 minute queue, and a quick easy way to get currencies and do stuff in a short period of time.

I suppose they weren't popular enough though - I would think if they were an overwhelming success, they would have continued them. I wish they would have though.

Does content get any better than the Kun-lai Kicker? Do we really need anything else when we could queue up for one of those in less than a minute?

Joking aside, there are scenarios in Legion - they're built into many of the world quests. That's where they went instead.
My favorite posts are ones made by people that play a class with a tanking spec then complain about lack of tanks. The irony is real.
03/21/2017 10:31 AMPosted by Dliver
Joking aside, there are scenarios in Legion - they're built into many of the world quests. That's where they went instead.

It's really not the same. They aren't small group instances that you can do more than once.
03/21/2017 10:39 AMPosted by Prïmrose
03/21/2017 10:31 AMPosted by Dliver

It's really not the same. They aren't small group instances that you can do more than once.

They're exactly what Blizz intended scenarios to be: repeatable bits of story built into the open world. And they do instance and you can group for them if you like.

The only reason they were treated like dungeons in MoP is due to limitations in their tech. But they were never dungeons.
or maybe blizz should just outlaw children! Because all kids want to do is DPS! I mean seriously is there a tank or healer here who is 16 or under? Because thats the age of most WoW players.. and damaging and destroying stuff is whats cool at that age... Its not cool to heal anything.....
03/21/2017 09:17 AMPosted by Prïmrose
But I like healing. And sometimes like tanking.

Why are you trying to get rid of choices?

What they should do though, in my own opinion, is bring back scenarios. I liked those a lot, and didn't need a tank/healer.

Edit : also, you're playing a character that can tank. If you don't wanna wait in queue, tank it up.

Hurrah for being pro-choice.
Like someone mentioned in another post. Queue as a tank and switch when you get in. Some groups might kick you but then your wait is only intermittent

Now, I'm going to go out on a limb here and... wait a moment...
Yep. Nowhere in the world is it a Sunday. Thus, you are implying that you are not a troll, or in the process of trolling. Therefore I feel reasonably confident in the following statement:

That is a really, really stupid idea.

Given some people on here like playing healers and tanks (cough cough), maybe make some healer or tank only dungeons they could play too.

Stop your whining and stop attacking healers and tanks. You know you can get off your butt and do stuff while waiting. Sheesh your so impatient that your attack tanks/healers for long queues. STOP QQ about it man up and do stuff while waiting makes time fly faster.

And no rarely anyone would agree with you. I'm pretty sure people would unsub if Blizz got rid of tanks/healers.

And just FYI I've had long queues with no DPS queueing or whatever. So don't single players out. Thank you.

Longest queue as playing tank and heals for me and roughly the same a dps - 25 minutes
They tried this in MoP, with the Scenarios.

Noticed the very limited re-use of Scenarios after MoP...
03/21/2017 10:34 AMPosted by Harpoa
My favorite posts are ones made by people that play a class with a tanking spec then complain about lack of tanks. The irony is real.

I knew 100% that the OP of this thread would be playing a class that could tank and/or heal.

I was not disappointed.

03/21/2017 11:55 AMPosted by Rubedo
They tried this in MoP, with the Scenarios.

Noticed the very limited re-use of Scenarios after MoP...

They actually use the scenario technology quite a bit in both Warlords and Legion. They made over 50 scenarios for this expansion alone.

The only thing is they aren't trinity free instances like the MoP ones, they are almost exclusively solo instances that are part of your artifact chain or questing.

Examples:

Every Artifact acquisition scenario (36 specs)
Prophet and Rakeesh at Exodar
Final scenarios for class campaign chains (12 classes)
Quest chain based ones like the final mission that makes you exalted with Nightfallen

There are probably a few more around in the various leveling zones.

I tried tanking a few times and I hated it. It is just click click click. Zero strategy.

After hearing all the haters, I really can understand having a healer but the tank thing is just stupid. Don't soldiers wear armor and have weapons? Don't real tanks have guns too? Give us a break blizz. Delete tanks. Keep healers and make everything better.
03/21/2017 11:59 AMPosted by Sheffyon

I tried tanking a few times and I hated it. It is just click click click. Zero strategy.

[/quote]

EVERYTHING 'is just click click click'.

If you think there is no strategy to tanking, then you're bad.