Live Developer Q&A – Submit Your Questions

General Discussion
1 2 3 22 Next
Join us live on Twitch.tv/Warcraft Thursday, March 9, at 11:00 a.m. PST (7:00 PM GMT), as we sit down with Lead PvP Designer Brian Holinka for our next live developer Q&A where he’ll be answering your World of Warcraft: Legion PvP questions. If you’re an esports fan, you’ll also want to tune in to hear from WoW esports team manager Jeramy McIntyre who will be sharing a little more on the WoW Arena World Championship for 2017.

You can submit your questions here in this thread or on Twitter by using the hashtag #LegionQA.

As a reminder, please keep your questions short (40 words or less) so that we can get to as many questions as possible. We look forward to you joining us live on Thursday!
Here is mine...

Why do you dodge the "hard" to answer questions and pick the ones you prefer?

/quack

Edit: Oh, it's Holinka. In that case...

"With the ability to do nearly anything you want in PvP, why haven't you made it better? Why have you destroyed WPvP?"
Can you provide insight on the rollercoaster ride of pvp balance changes that warlocks have been on for legion?

Chaos Bolt is all over the place, Buffed to extreme, nerfed, nerfed to the dumpster, buffed again in most recent patch.

Why was Shadowflame basically removed from the game? Cremation warlock was fun and in a good place, before it was deleted.

Demo nerf very early out of left field now buffed back to decent.

Affliction's is good, but UA is not a threat at all.

How do you feel about warlocks currently? What is Chaos Bolts desired place in PVP?
What's your opinion of user created content? And would you ever allow the content to be used in-game?
In terms of the restriction on friendly nameplate addons - is Blizzard planning on updating the current default friendly nameplates and adding some customizability? Currently the name text on friendlies is very difficult to see!
What's so bad about "good players" using abilities that "bad players" generally don't use?

What's the point of removing abilities that create a skill cap/depth to a class in PVP(disarm trap, scare beast, bind elemental, etc)?
Have you considered disabling CRZ on pvp servers or at the very least using your sharding tech to make sure the minority faction isn't outnumbered 10 to 1 everywhere they go?
I second Nelsôn on warlock pvp issues.

My question is:
Cross Realm Zones have presented many issues for PvP servers. For many people it skewed populations in the opposite direction, while increasing population numbers overall (the original goal?).

What changes are being considered, if any, to help alleviate the players who are now stuck in CRZ situations? Characters were/are created on a specific server, CRZ changes that. Its not simply "pvp happened".

Thank you. I would love to hear some world pvp balancing too...
Any plans for a new outdoor PVP zone (IE: Wintergrasp, Tol Barad) in maybe a future expansion?
Can you go more into detail about the new PvP modes mentioned at blizzcon such as winter Arathi Basin? What other modes do you have planned? And what is the E.T.A.?
PVP balancing can become really solid over time (see WoD S3 and now), but that doesn't restore depth to playable classes.

What are you guys planning to do to bring more depth/fun to classes in PVP where there's no boss mechanics to keep us preoccupied?

Why not use honour talents more to bring back player choice/depth to the game? Looking at the curse row for warlocks and the totem row for shaman, you guys could do a good job at doing this. Less passives, more situational abilities.
Item level normalization and the removal of use/proc effects from Legendaries/trinkets have killed the enjoyment of random BGs for me. Any plans on reverting this, at least for non-competitive instanced PVP?
Anymore PvP zones coming soon? Why haven't we gotten new battlegrounds since MoP?