You have been removed

General Discussion
03/20/2017 03:30 PMPosted by Garrulous
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Serious question here. Don't tanks normally have lower dps than a player spec'd for dps role?

No, in trivially easy content (like most 5 man non-keystone dungeons) the mobs have relatively tiny health pools, so a disproportionately large amount of the total damage done will go to whoever gets in the first one or two hits.

Tanks should always get the first couple of hits in on a big pack of mobs, so they end up doing a relatively large amount of damage.

Damage dealers usually do way more damage on longer fights, but a highly geared tank or healer can still do more DPS than an undergeared damage dealer.. I can crank out 300k+ single target DPS easily in my holy spec while still tossing out enough heals to get an undergeared group through a regular mythic 5 man, but I would never insult the DPSers over it.

Whaaat? I only do 250k dps as balance. And I am actually trying hard to do as much deeps as possible O_O
03/20/2017 11:43 AMPosted by Lectria
For asking for a rez because the tank was getting pissed at me for being top dps. Resulting in the tank pulling more which got me killed as the end result.

Zoned into lower black rock. Said hello. Proceeded to run through after the first trash pull. Tank linked dps. Showed that he was on top. Caused me to roll my eyes at that.So we moved on. Nother trash pull. You guessed it. Linked dps again after. By the time that we got to the first boss I decided that I was going to take top dps. And I did. Tank didn't link dps after the first boss fight. Made me smile. So we continued after that.

So after awhile just right before we got to the 2nd boss I was staying on top of the dps meter. Not thinking that there was a problem. By the time we got to the 3rd boss. The tank made it apparent that he was having an issue. As he was pulling more and more each and every time I was still on top on the chart.

Then before we got to the 4th boss. Well things got a little ugly and the tank pulled too much which got me killed. Now instead of releasing and wasting time after it was all done. I asked for a rez. No casting animation indicating that I was getting a rez. Asked again if anyone was there. They were just standing. Then loading screen and *you have been removed* message. And then the tank sent multiple and rather abusive tells. In a kys tone. Clearly upset about not being on top of the charts.

And I was still top dps even after the kick. *shrugs*

Isn't this community full of such wonderful people.

Yeah tanks need to go back to threat management because they should never ever be top dps and I make it a point to vote kick chronic narcist top dps linkers.
Remember that this is lower black Rock. Not a bunch of 110s with bis legendaries and ilvl 900+ gear.

I got beat in dps by many a tank in head to toe heirlooms while I was in greens and blues.

Only a few of them trash talked me as fail dps and crap.
03/20/2017 02:26 PMPosted by Fonny
You and a tank were getting salty about dps in LBRS? Why would anyone, nevermind 2 people, care what their dps is in level 58 dungeons?

Also seems to me the tank couldn't just kick you. You also upset the healer and a couple other dps. I'm not saying you should have been kicked, but doesn't sound like you are telling the whole tale.

Or maybe the healer and other dps didn't want to wait for a new tank. Tanks get away with a lot.

No, in trivially easy content (like most 5 man non-keystone dungeons) the mobs have relatively tiny health pools, so a disproportionately large amount of the total damage done will go to whoever gets in the first one or two hits.

Tanks should always get the first couple of hits in on a big pack of mobs, so they end up doing a relatively large amount of damage.

Damage dealers usually do way more damage on longer fights, but a highly geared tank or healer can still do more DPS than an undergeared damage dealer.. I can crank out 300k+ single target DPS easily in my holy spec while still tossing out enough heals to get an undergeared group through a regular mythic 5 man, but I would never insult the DPSers over it.

Whaaat? I only do 250k dps as balance. And I am actually trying hard to do as much deeps as possible O_O

I'll let you in on a little secret. The devs won't tell you, and the "big D dps" certainly won't tell you, but druids no longer have a dps spec in Legion. Not one.
I read the OP and I wish I could get those 20 seconds of my life back. What a dumb story. 3 people voted to kick you and I'm 110% sure they all weren't mad at you for being top dps.
03/20/2017 11:48 AMPosted by Lectria
Keep in mind I wasn't trying to stay on top of the charts. I just only did for the first boss.

I just don't like it when the dps get's linked after every pull.

a agree with this...people have gotten upset and removed me becasue ive asked them to not link dps meters..then i get "can we remove x?" ...all i asked was could you not link meters....
You are better off in a decent group. Consider it a blessing. This is not typical behavior at all and I. 12 years I never witnessed something like that.