"Kick everyone under 200k DPS" (LFR)

General Discussion
Prev 1 20 21 22 Next
LFR "DPS requirements" are an odd thing right now. You can't argue that sub 200k isn't trying.

Factors to consider for an 835 ilvl player (the only real requirement):
Do they have third relic slot open?
Do they have enough AP in their weapon?
Do they have enough of the right secondary stats, or were they just building ilvl?

Combine those with the range of a player's ability, and you have a very wide range of DPS you can do at the entry item level.

My point: The fight is simply overtuned for the intended audience, the expected requirements.
200k at 835 shouldn't be expected, no, but I've yet to complete an LFR on any of my toons that has more than 2-3 people that low. The problem is generally the 850+ folks who are pulling ~150-170.

The damage itself isn't even the biggest issue. The real issue is that the sort of player who's THAT befuddled by their class' rotation is also almost certainly going to fail at basic encounter mechanics.

What the raid ends up with is a worthless body that barely puts a dent in the boss, causes all sorts of pointless raid damage and requires excessive heals to keep up. Their net contribution to the raid is worse than zero.

LFR isn't interesting content. Most people just want to collect their free gear, practice their rotation and get it over with. The people who turn what should be a 10-20 minute core into a 30-40 minute slog are wasting 20 other people's time.
03/27/2017 08:05 AMPosted by Telrenaur

You can do over 200k before you even finish leveling in Broken Isles ....

Like I said..it depends on the class and spec.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/11#metric=bossdps&difficulty=3&aggregate=amount&boss=1866&itemleveldisplay=scaled&class=Any&bracket=1
03/27/2017 08:11 AMPosted by Darkdeity
My point: The fight is simply overtuned for the intended audience, the expected requirements.

I disagree, it is not overtuned. Players should have to pay attention to basic mechanics in LFR. I'm not sure who you think the intended audience for LFR is, but it should be players who don't have the time nor desire to be part of a raid team.
03/27/2017 08:15 AMPosted by Brockthorn
03/27/2017 08:05 AMPosted by Telrenaur

You can do over 200k before you even finish leveling in Broken Isles ....

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/11#metric=bossdps&difficulty=3&aggregate=amount&boss=1866&itemleveldisplay=scaled&class=Any&bracket=1
not really enough parses there to get an idea of what people should be doing for their Ilvl. It's also set to Normal for 0-844 Ilvl. I can only assume those people are carries.
My opinion becomes skewed because im so used to having mythic raiders in my group that low dps for me is someone pulling 500k. But for lfr there really isnt a reason that someone should be doing under 200k, i can basically double that as a tank. When the tank is in the top 5 for damage on a single target fight there i a dps problem. People should take time and learn about their class and spec before doing group content. There are too many resources available for people to not learn how to properly play their class.
03/27/2017 08:22 AMPosted by Farnsworth
03/27/2017 08:15 AMPosted by Brockthorn

not really enough parses there to get an idea of what people should be doing for their Ilvl. It's also set to Normal for 0-844 Ilvl. I can only assume those people are carries.

Set it to LFR and it gets even lower.

You have to figure that at ilvl 835 they do not have optimized gear for their class/spec and that affects their dps.
03/27/2017 08:31 AMPosted by Brockthorn

You have to figure that at ilvl 835 they do not have optimized gear for their class/spec and that affects their dps.
seeing Aff higher in LFR, 1 of the arcane Ilvls higher in Normal and the other 2 higher in lfr, Arms higher in LFR, Assass higher in LFR, Balance higher in LFR, and so on. not gonna check all of em but I'm guessing the trend continues of them being higher in LFR since the people in normal are carries. Still not a big enough pool of people to gauge the dps that they should be doing for their Ilvl. True that not having optimized gear will lower their dps, but I don't know by how much or what their dps should look like even with their unoptimized gear.
03/27/2017 08:31 AMPosted by Brockthorn

seeing Aff higher in LFR, 1 of the arcane Ilvls higher in Normal and the other 2 higher in lfr, Arms higher in LFR, Assass higher in LFR, Balance higher in LFR, and so on. not gonna check all of em but I'm guessing the trend continues of them being higher in LFR since the people in normal are carries. Still not a big enough pool of people to gauge the dps that they should be doing for their Ilvl. True that not having optimized gear will lower their dps, but I don't know by how much or what their dps should look like even with their unoptimized gear.

Yet we have plenty people on this thread that set the threshold at 200K dps for ilvl 835 for all classes and all specs.
Lfr is the fastest way to gear from a fresh 110.. If people complain about dps, they should just leave and re que lmao.. Lfr is for inexperienced players that don't know the raid to learn it.

The dmg from guldan in lfr isnt massive anyways. No need for a nerf.
03/27/2017 08:22 AMPosted by Tastywalls
My opinion becomes skewed because im so used to having mythic raiders in my group that low dps for me is someone pulling 500k. But for lfr there really isnt a reason that someone should be doing under 200k, i can basically double that as a tank. When the tank is in the top 5 for damage on a single target fight there i a dps problem. People should take time and learn about their class and spec before doing group content. There are too many resources available for people to not learn how to properly play their class.

Dumby it's lfr.. Get over your epeen
When the healer or tank does more dps than you. You deserve to be removed from the instance.
03/27/2017 09:40 AMPosted by Pisey
When the healer or tank does more dps than you. You deserve to be removed from the instance.

People like this who post before even thinking about what they are trying to prove. Really People is it so hard to "Understand" LFR is REALLY simple terms "Fresh 110's and people who have no clue of what is going on, Gear upgrades, Progression into Normal and higher raids, Learning the Strats, and to have fun without a Serious Raid Impact Environment"

Let me ask this question: When you entered your First Raid were you an expert? Did "YOU" do under 200K dps? are you just a bully trying to prove your un-informed limited Educated mind that has no other use but to put other people down to make yourself less of a moron? I really do not care who hates me likes me for expressing my opinion. You guys need to look at what you did and try and help others, instead, of being an idiot.

A final Question: What are you going to do if "US" healers well decide in our minds not to come to a raid? Can you wait 60 Minutes for a Que? I know I have plenty of other things to do in wow other then to heal people who kick people.

To the Healing Community: This sounds like a plan we really should go on strike for a couple days I think there would be a lesson learned.
WoW LFR is probably the most consistently toxic and abusive activity I've ever participated in, in any game ever. I'll grant you I've never engaged in the more infamous scenes like League of Legends or Call of Duty so maybe my perspective is just skewed.

However people are just plain awful. As the main way to introduce WoW endgame and as a general entry to raiding it makes an awful impression. I couldn't blame anyone who stepped in LFR and immediately canceled their sub.

Bullies and just generally mean people run rampant, with seemingly no repercussions. The heck the player report dropdown doesn't even have options for "Harassment" or "Systems Abuse".

The only things LFR currently teaches you as a new player is:

1) Everybody hates you.
2) You're not good enough.
3) That you're a <insurt FotM slur here> the "C" and "A" ones really popular now.
4) You are subject to removal from the group at any time, without explanation or reason.
03/27/2017 10:24 AMPosted by Rowboat
WoW LFR is probably the most consistently toxic and abusive activity I've ever participated in, in any game ever. I'll grant you I've never engaged in the more infamous scenes like League of Legends or Call of Duty so maybe my perspective is just skewed.

However people are just plain awful. As the main way to introduce WoW endgame and as a general entry to raiding it makes an awful impression. I couldn't blame anyone who stepped in LFR and immediately canceled their sub.

Bullies and just generally mean people run rampant, with seemingly no repercussions. The heck the player report dropdown doesn't even have options for "Harassment" or "Systems Abuse".

The only things LFR currently teaches you as a new player is:

1) Everybody hates you.
2) You're not good enough.
3) That you're a <insurt FotM slur here> the "C" and "A" ones really popular now.
4) You are subject to removal from the group at any time, without explanation or reason.

Up vote
03/27/2017 10:24 AMPosted by Rowboat
WoW LFR is probably the most consistently toxic and abusive activity I've ever participated in, in any game ever.

It's not even as bad as barrens chat was.

You know what happens in most LFRs I'm in? I ignore 90% of the fight mechanics, do what my DPS add on tells me, and get gear.
03/25/2017 09:19 PMPosted by Shadow
I'm all for kicking anyone under 300k DPS. At this point in the expansion the MINIMUM you should be doing is 400k, but I'd accept 300k just to be nice.

Count yourself fortunate that you get to join groups at all if you are under 400k.

Seeing as LFR is about the sum of your skills, and your constant drivel in trade chat, I wouldnt alienate the player base or YOU might be the one constantly kicked.

There is no official "blacklist" but trust me, word gets around and people like you find out what Karma exactly means.
Gul'dan's biggest problem is idiots don't know how to change to the eyes.

Then we wipe, because the healers can't heal stupid, and I can't kill the eyes by myself.
03/27/2017 09:22 AMPosted by Cawkmist
Lfr is the fastest way to gear from a fresh 110.. If people complain about dps, they should just leave and re que lmao.. Lfr is for inexperienced players that don't know the raid to learn it.

The dmg from guldan in lfr isnt massive anyways. No need for a nerf.

If anything, the eyes need lowered HP.

Because there's usually only one or two people killing them...
03/27/2017 06:51 AMPosted by Astrylan
03/26/2017 10:32 PMPosted by Mortimonde

This attitude is why LFR is crappy in the first place, and why so many people AFK and purposefully under-perform.

It serves no purpose but to continue the problem.

my solution is to scrap lfr completely ... LFG solves literally all the problems that LFR tries and fails to solve.

Nah, We don't need leet gate keepers to do raids.