Races you want next?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
They have to follow the "Ewok" rule of marketing:

Either it is sexy or cute.

If it is not sexy or cute, it will not sell.

How those terms are interpreted is somewhat subjective - but if you combine the attributes of all the current races they all fall into one or both of those categories whether by character design and/or lore.
03/16/2017 07:48 AMPosted by Unhala
They have to follow the "Ewok" rule of marketing:

Either it is sexy or cute.

If it is not sexy or cute, it will not sell.

How those terms are interpreted is somewhat subjective - but if you combine the attributes of all the current races they all fall into one or both of those categories whether by character design and/or lore.

I think "cool" should also be added to that list otherwise someone has some explaining to do about the forsaken.
I think Vrykul would be pretty awesome, but I guess that ship already sailed with Wrath (and Legion, to a lesser extent). I'd love to play a Vrykul warrior.

I also like the idea of sub races. It'd be cool to play a Dark Iron or Wildhammer. With more differences than just the models, that is. It'd be really cool if they had their own different racial traits and starting questlines and everything.
Horde: Satyr
Alliance: Dark Irons (I know Dwarves are already in, but the opportunity to choose between the 3 variants.)
I'd love to have an Ethereal character.

I've really liked their race ever since BC.
I would love to see arrakoa as a playable race. I could see them going like pandaren and being neutral, but needing to choose a side. I would switch a few toons to them depending on the class restrictions.
They aren't going to add anything oversized, or that doesnt have 2 arms and 2 legs, or that you can't make all the armor types work with.
I don't know why you'd need more races, we already have elves and pandaren.
Jinyu, Hozen, Botani, Tuskarr, ARRAKOA! Would love Centaurs and Keepers of the Grove but have no interest in the content drought that would accompany them. Ogres / Vrykul although awesome are ruined by height issues. Naga won't work because of leg armor....
I can get on board with Dragonkin.

The only issue is the dragonflights are usually neutral to both alliance and horde. And the ones out in the wild both hate alliance and horde and try to kill us on sight.

But it would be cool if we could pick what color we could be.

I would totally be one of the two-leg warrior ones. I love how they swing their weapons when they come after you. The 4-legged caster ones are pretty cool too.

Their racial cd is that we can turn into a mini-dragon for 10 secs for more atk pwr/sp. And anyone that created a bronze dragon will have a tw spell.
03/16/2017 07:27 AMPosted by Movmentarian
I'd like to see some more variation added for the current races, maybe even subraces like Shal'dorei for Night Elves or Eredar for Draenei (just off the top of my head).
This.
03/16/2017 09:49 AMPosted by Ságe
I can get on board with Dragonkin.

The only issue is the dragonflights are usually neutral to both alliance and horde. And the ones out in the wild both hate alliance and horde and try to kill us on sight.

But it would be cool if we could pick what color we could be.

I would totally be one of the two-leg warrior ones. I love how they swing their weapons when they come after you. The 4-legged caster ones are pretty cool too.

Their racial cd is that we can turn into a mini-dragon for 10 secs for more atk pwr/sp. And anyone that created a bronze dragon will have a tw spell.
And on top of that, we can have different dragon flights depending on class, for example, Blue for the mages, and green for druids, and maybe bronze for....priests?
03/16/2017 04:45 AMPosted by Invincible
Black people.

Racial ability: "Protest".

Instant
Immediately burn down your city and everything around it causing 100,000,000 fire damage to all players within 1,000,000 yards
wtf is wrong with you?
Ogres for Horde, Naga for the Alliance

Like a Broken -> Draenei version of the Naga that are more Kaldoreish. They can be an Azshara resistance group or something.
Something else I'd like to see is maybe alternative variants of certain races... for the other faction. They'd have different classes available to them than their standard counterpart, and slightly different appearances. Examples:

- High elves (enough said)
- A nomadic subgroup of humans for the Horde who are more shamanistic than Alliance humans, capable of being shamans and druids (but no priest/paladin). Skin tones would be akin to Dark Iron dwarves, with primarily black/brown hair and yellow/red/orange eyes.
- A Light-revering clan of orcs who defect to the Alliance. No shamans or warlocks, but can be priests and paladins. Possibly cured of fel taint, so brown skin colours.

I can't think of a second possibility for Horde, though. Worgen created from a different race (maybe trolls)? Maybe a subgroup of night elves (to balance out high elves)? I dunno. I just really want Horde humans.
Klaxxi, murlocs/gorlocs, ducks, frenzy heart, and cenarions.

/quack
I'd play the hell outa a Hozen.
I would instead of races like to see the option to change / customize the bodies a bit more like in SWTOR.
crumple horned snorkacks
Ogers would be cool for when they add dual classing. And we could leave it up to engineers to fashion some sort of thingymajig to auto shrink them while in town.