How Horde And Ally Can Play Together!

General Discussion
I never understood why Blizzard refuses to add features to let players to play with eachother regardless of faction? What about a system that acts like the Mercenary system that allows everyone in your party to appear as your own faction.? We've seen this race changing technology in Caverns of Time Dungeons. If i was a horde player and got an invite through battle.net for my alliance friends raid, everyone in the raid would appear as a horde race. Does anyone think this is a good idea? Should blizzard allow battle.net friends to invite people cross faction while making everyone appear as your faction.
Why would we want to play with you?

Your faction sucks!
cause it's world of warcraft and not world of friendshipcraft

the faction system has been arguably its primary mechanic from the get-go
Blizzard won't allow this, because they're still under the woeful delusion that their weak and poorly-written attempts to cause faction "conflicts" are anything but laughable.

The entire Alliance-Horde conflict in WoD revolved around a supposed artifact that may or may not have been discovered in Ashran, and which may or may not be used by one side against the other if it actually turned out to exist, and if it did turn out to have the supposed powers. That was the entire extent of the setup, and it was never developed further than that.

The Alliance-Horde conflict in Legion (where we're facing an actual threat allegedly capable of burning the world to ash in an instant) is Genn and Sylvanas behaving like angry teenagers, and somehow convincing their entire respective factions to facilitate them behaving like angry teenagers.

This is especially tiresome in the wake of both factions teaming up innumerable times over the past twelve years of this game, and coming to the "shocking" revelation each and every time that they're considerably stronger together than apart.
Work with the Humans? I would rather kiss a Tauren.

On a side note i am starting to feel like this are coded "Playable High Elves on the Alliance" threads.
03/24/2017 10:21 PMPosted by Honeymoon
Blizzard won't allow this, because they're still under the woeful delusion that their weak and poorly-written attempts to cause faction "conflicts" are anything but laughable.

The entire Alliance-Horde conflict in WoD revolved around a supposed artifact that may or may not have been discovered in Ashran, and which may or may not be used by one side against the other if it actually turned out to exist, and if it did turn out to have the supposed powers. That was the entire extent of the setup, and it was never developed further than that.

The Alliance-Horde conflict in Legion (where we're facing an actual threat allegedly capable of burning the world to ash in an instant) is Genn and Sylvanas behaving like angry teenagers, and somehow convincing their entire respective factions to facilitate them behaving like angry teenagers.

This is especially tiresome in the wake of both factions teaming up innumerable times over the past twelve years of this game, and coming to the "shocking" revelation each and every time that they're considerably stronger together than apart.

Well how else can they find the excuse in screaming "for the horde" at blizzcon, you cant very well have people physically and verbally assaulting each other in real life if their was no 'faction conflict'. Its not just Genn and Sylvanas acting like angry teenagers, its the people who stick vehemently to their 'faction identity' that do it as well. Probably one of the main sticking points of why faction shenanigans arent going away any time soon.
I think this could be coming about in bits and pieces. Idk if it'll ever be completely factionless as that's what the story line was based on, but this expac we've worked with the other faction so I think that will be integrated somewhat over time.
just make us 'double agents" and restrict it to battle tag friends
03/24/2017 10:08 PMPosted by Sperowolf

Except it wasn't. In fact the original plan was for there to be no factions at all and you would have to get rep with the various cities.

Having factions at all was a concession made to make PvP work.
I always thought it would be a cool idea to have a PvE 'battleground' of sorts where both factions could fight against ever increasing waves of a common enemy. Would make the most sense in Legion.

20 Alliance + 20 Horde in some big wave defense and you can award stuff like AP tokens or catch-up gear or whatever.
03/24/2017 09:05 PMPosted by Airashi
I never understood why Blizzard refuses to add features to let players to play with eachother regardless of faction?

This is something that Wildstar has: both factions can communicate and play together, even form groups and join guilds. Pretty progressive stuff (and likely motivated due to dwindling sub/player numbers).
03/24/2017 11:13 PMPosted by Phlynch
03/24/2017 10:08 PMPosted by Sperowolf

Except it wasn't. In fact the original plan was for there to be no factions at all and you would have to get rep with the various cities.

Having factions at all was a concession made to make PvP work.

Interesting. Maybe the world pvp zones are a test to see how it works out before making any big changes?
If tomorrow Blizzard decided that anyone can play with anyone, it still wouldn't matter because half the people in this game would grief players that were their "enemy." I'd rather be whatever race my character is without being morphed into another but if the barrier was removed I don't see any other way.
Even if the story stays faction based (which is cool), I don't see any real reason to stop -players- from playing together. In cases like ICC where there are faction specific stories, just go off the race of the raid leader.

Exactly why is having a larger pool of people to queue with a bad thing?
Having to team up with those filthy horde mongrels? BLAH

Joking aside, it does get old that our factions supposedly team up against the greater evil every single time yet that is never reflected in the gameplay. No teaming up with the opposite faction. The Broken Shore event is really the only time I can remember that they let both our sides be involved in a scenario at the same time
Eww. No. The Horde smells like wet dog.
I'd love to smoke the peace-pipe with the Tauren at Thunderbluff or dance with the Trolls on Echo Isles.
03/25/2017 12:45 AMPosted by Phurr
Eww. No. The Horde smells like wet dog.

Says the one that would be a wet dog when hit with water.

Such aside, I'd at least like to be able to be like "screw you" to leaders like Genn, (and while Sylvanas is dark, can anyone really say she would not leave alliance alone if Genn put off his warmongering? at least for Legion).

I would not want to be friends with all alliance, or let all of them into our capital cities, but could we at least have the ability to form bonds like Vol'jin and the human hunter from Shadows of the horde or declare our allegiance not to horde or alliance but to a neutral faction that works across the lines?
03/24/2017 10:29 PMPosted by Llillias
you cant very well have people physically and verbally assaulting each other in real life

Whoa, whoa, whoa. This really happened?
The forced faction conflict seems to get people off at Blizzard HQ.
Other than that it shouldn't be here. It's a large drawback to a mass scale mmo of any kind.