server dead?

Earthen Ring
Its been years since I played on this server - my first one of several, but in coming back for legion, I have yet to see more than 25 horde in any place even though the server stats say a ton should still be online.

Whats the situation? Have I just missed the populated areas? Ive scanned all the old world base cities, dalaran, and the isles...where is everyone?
need to get to the legion content if you want to run into a bunch of people
i do have it. ive seen less than a handful in the last few days levelling a new demon hunter.

Are we still populated?
it is dead, great server to farm world drops though. raiding not so much either that section is also dead.
Ok, I feared as much. I was hoping to find old friends from back in the day.

I might as well finish levelling my DH up before I start transferring toons but would anyone happen to know if a certain server received the most influx of ER people when they left?

Still holding out hope of finding some people even if they are likely playing alts I dont know now.
I am not sure where most of the raiders went to (I want to say Mal'ganis but I cant remember) but a good portion of the RPers on horde switched to WrA or stopped playing all together. Alliance people split between WrA and MG. Earthen Ring is now one of the least populated realms, at Blizzcon last year they said they were going to be doing mergers again but no word since.

I wish you luck in finding a new home.
Yeah, most of my friends were raiders. Ill start looking there - ty.

On the flip side, despite being bored out of my mind from solo grinding (taken on the mantle of a half senile demon hunter so i can chat openly with myself :) ), i am finding it really easy to gather world pets and spawns I wouldve had to sit on for hours back in the day.
I actually enjoy the lesser population rather then super packed area, definitely heavily ally favored. The only downside is recruiting for starting up a guild, just have to patient. I am sure theyll eventually merge lower population servers in clusters given alot of realms are low pop. If you want a good server in terms of raiding, Area 52, Illidan, Mal'Ganis and Sargeras some what.
I have to remember to come back to farm sometime :)
I see a spattering of people about, but they always have that asterisk on their name.

Do realm hoppers visit that much? Or does it auto-move people from more populated ->less populated
04/09/2017 01:16 AMPosted by Slicknick
I see a spattering of people about, but they always have that asterisk on their name.

Do realm hoppers visit that much? Or does it auto-move people from more populated ->less populated

If in Dalaran its normally people being pulled to our realm, anywhere else its an auto-move to make zones feel more populated. This gives more info on the subject: http://wow.gamepedia.com/Cross-realm_zones

A server merge would merge our realm with 1 to 2 other low population realms so we share an AH and guilds. This has not occurred on ER yet so we only have cross-realm zones.
I found one old friend, even if its been 8 years and he doesnt recall me, so theres hope. :)
Personally, I enjoy this Server.
04/09/2017 09:01 AMPosted by Lilyia
A server merge would merge our realm with 1 to 2 other low population realms so we share an AH and guilds. This has not occurred on ER yet so we only have cross-realm zones.

Yes, currently Earthen Ring is cross-realm zoned with Kirin Tor (which is merged with Steamwheedle and and Sentinels) and Argent Dawn (which is merged with Scryers), which means we can see one another but we don't share AHs or guilds. But you'll see players from those merged realms in addition to any realms they're CRZ'd with.

ER was just high enough population when merges were happening that it didn't make the cut. As a result, we're now one of the lower population realms. Perhaps a merge is sometime in our future, which would be ideal. In the meantime, Earthen Ring is home.
Again, I like this server. People are friendly, I do not have to break character to interact with people when I do in a world setting and people are pretty chill. Personally, I think this server has a good culture in many ways. Wish there were more roleplayers but I think that can be dealt with in time.
04/21/2017 11:08 PMPosted by Isadha
Again, I like this server. People are friendly, I do not have to break character to interact with people when I do in a world setting and people are pretty chill. Personally, I think this server has a good culture in many ways. Wish there were more roleplayers but I think that can be dealt with in time.

I think that's the best thing about it. Very few trolls, you can RP anywhere and non-RPers are chill about it. I've noticed you tend to turn a few heads and friendly observers ask what you're doing. Sometimes they join in. One recent bit of fun was RPing at Greywatch in Stormheim with guildies and picking up a few random world roleplayers from CRZ servers. Ended up with some really fun in-character conversation about the war while warming our hands at the campfire.

My thought is, the folks who remain on ER are here because they like the smaller population or are just overall laid back. Been here over 10 years, it's not as packed as it was before, but I'm not the "grass is greener" type. I'm happy with our home here.
Yeah, this server doesn't have the elitism that many servers have. Me and my small little guild were going to go to moonguard but it has issues with RP griefers. This server is great for the laid back feel.