Dev's Posting to Social Medias First

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
04/04/2017 12:00 PMPosted by Hellasha
The reverse could be asked of you. Is it too much to ask you to go to Twitter every now and then? You don't need an account to read what is posted.

Sending something through Twitter is quicker and something that can be do from almost any device. That is one of the reasons social media websites have become so popular.

Yes it is actually, as that is a separate identity that I do not wish to support.

I don't use Twitter, I don't want to even go to Twitter.

I pay Blizzard. Blizzard provides a forum that for the past 10 years has served as a discussion and notification destination for their game. They spend money to maintain and run this website, which a portion is gained through -guess what - our subscriptions.

Asking me to go to an outside source to discover information about their products is bad customer service. Plain and simple.
04/04/2017 12:09 PMPosted by Lostinwoods
they don't listen to the paying players, so they avoid contact on the forums and go to twitter.

By listen I'm guessing you mean use your feedback and disregard the feedback from every other player. Listening and agreeing aren't the same thing, just because you pay to access the servers doesn't mean you get to control how the game is designed.

04/04/2017 12:09 PMPosted by Lostinwoods
So the actual player (like me) who doesn't use Twitter will never see it.

That's your fault, not Blizzards.
Bump

for lack of respect to player base
04/04/2017 11:44 AMPosted by Zaranthosdk
04/04/2017 11:33 AMPosted by Sideswiped
Is it too much to ask for relevant information for this game to be posted onto the forums first?

If they came here they'd get feedback and suggestions, and find out we're not too happy right now. Who wants that when you can look at what someone had for lunch on Facebook ant tweet about how great the work you did on 7.2 was.

This place is toxic right now, it's their fault, and they'll bury their heads in the sand and surround themselves with people who only tell them what they want to hear and how great they're doing.

Oh yeah, and I wanted flying a long time ago.

It is completely within their power to make a post and lock it to not allow commentary. No, that won't stop people from making their own threads to comment or complain... but people make threads here to comment and complain about their posts on social media too, so that's not being prevented.
04/04/2017 12:13 PMPosted by Snowfox
04/04/2017 12:11 PMPosted by Aiiluro
... the people tweeting... about wow...... are also paying players..........

??

I wonder if they could just create a read-only News Forums.

Whatever the blues officially say on twitter simply gets repeated there.

Then we can just read the short blue posts there instead of being twits.

Fully support this.

I wish they didn't remove the blue trackers at the top of their website when they revamped it for Legion.

??

Why is people being angry and upset with how the game is right now being "twits" I notice blizzard has a similar stance with when people post actual positive criticisms, blizzard writes it off as "trolling / people coming out the woods today".

I don't understand this. Sure there are alot of bad people who are overly angry and aggressive, but there is genuine feedback, some with 100s of thumbs up, which is often just not even acknowledged or it is ignored entirely.

Which frustrates people further.

And when the solution is a vague 40-60 character sentence on twitter of all places, yeah, people get upset.
I don't use twitter, I don't want to even go to Twitter.

That's your problem then.

04/04/2017 12:13 PMPosted by Sideswiped
I pay Blizzard. Blizzard provides a forum that for the past 10 years has served as a discussion and notification destination for their game. They spend money to maintain and run this website, which a portion is gained through -guess what - our subscriptions.

Times change, but more importantly these forums are for players to discuss amongst themselves first and foremost. Ten years ago social media wasn't as big as it is today, as technology and times move forward so too must the companies that exist with in those spheres. You choosing not to move with it, then like the many who refused to accept the internet when it first came out you will be left behind.
If you post on the forums, it needs to be long enough to give all relevant details while also not coming across in any way, shape, or form as possibly being misconstrued, or it'll be quoted out of context until the heat death of the universe. And then the post will be followed up with lots of people asking questions (both on and off topic) and expecting a response requiring an equal amount of energy.

If you post on Facebook, which is essentially a marketing/PR facing outlet, you need to adhere to the exact same standards as above, while also making sure that it's understandable to a broader community than the "core" type of people on the forums.

On Twitter, the confined format restricts expectations to question - answer type responses. And those size limits also prohibit the additional textual overhead a post usually requires. Thirdly, the target audience is the individual(s) who directly tweeted at them, or their followers, which makes the context readily apparent and does not need further elaboration. Finally, because it's so short and mobile friendly, it doesn't have to be done in any given setting, increasing speed of response.
04/04/2017 12:18 PMPosted by Skullbones
Why is people being angry and upset with how the game is right now being "twits"

Oh no, that was a dig on twitter users, not people upset.

??

See, i really like this, because this benefits everyone, and it's not hard to do. Overwatch has one too.
Is it too much to ask for relevant information for this game to be posted onto the forums first?

People have complained about this for a long time. The answer seems to be "We're wealthy and our stocks are up, so we don't care what you think."
04/04/2017 12:28 PMPosted by Aiiluro

See, i really like this, because this benefits everyone, and it's not hard to do. Overwatch has one too.

Yeah, seems like a fairly straightforward repeater script they could write.

.. but I don't know, maybe it's difficult to do for some reason.
Devs like to tweet like birds but don't like flying
hmmmm
They must be penguins then
04/04/2017 11:41 AMPosted by Vàshe
Trump should buy Twitter and call it Trumpet. Allows 480 characters, instantly twice as good as Twitter...that's HUGE!

Best president ever.
Snowfox, a read only news forum would have one problem.

They have used twitter in the past not to SPREAD information but to CONTROL how information is spread.

That way when there are things they are "obligated" to tell us but they know will be taken poorly, they can simply post it on Twitter at two in the morning, and legally they're in the clear. Even if the message is BURIED by 4:35 am, they've told us, right?

A read-only news forum would not give them the ability to CONTROL such things. Because the second its on the forums, it can be responded to (even if the message is read-only, it can be copied and posted elsewhere on the forums). While a Twitter post can be quickly buried and required some knowledge of twitter-fu to dig up.

A forum post is a LOT easier to find and SPREAD.
Snowfox, a read only news forum would have one problem.

They have used twitter in the past not to SPREAD information but to CONTROL how information is spread.

That way when there are things they are "obligated" to tell us but they know will be taken poorly, they can simply post it on Twitter at two in the morning, and legally they're in the clear. Even if the message is BURIED by 4:35 am, they've told us, right?

A read-only news forum would not give them the ability to CONTROL such things. Because the second its on the forums, it can be responded to. While a Twitter post can be quickly buried and required some knowledge of twitter-fu to dig up.

A forum post is a LOT easier to find and SPREAD.

Not really a problem, people would just link to the raw news in threads made here.

They could control the release of the information - so that it was just the blue posts.. but we'd still be utterly able and free to talk about it here.

Eventually yeah, if there were dupes they'd probably do the blue-post-extend-thread-delete-others approach, but that's fine.
I remember back on december as "new year wish" they said that there was going to be a YEAR to be in touch with the players..

Can someone tell CM's that we're already on the 4th month of this new year?
04/04/2017 11:44 AMPosted by Zaranthosdk

If they came here they'd get feedback and suggestions, and find out we're not too happy right now. Who wants that when you can look at what someone had for lunch on Facebook ant tweet about how great the work you did on 7.2 was.

This place is toxic right now, it's their fault, and they'll bury their heads in the sand and surround themselves with people who only tell them what they want to hear and how great they're doing.

Oh yeah, and I wanted flying a long time ago.

After reading the twitter statement about legion assaults, the feedback they're getting isn't any different than what is on the forums. It's definitely not all happy rainbow-farting unicorns there.

https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/status/849322657657106432

It would be much appreciated if they could post on the forums as well.
It's irrelevant how toxic the forums are. This is the official forums and some of us have no desire to deal with social media. It's utterly mindblowing that they don't use\ WoW's main location outside of the game. They sticky all other stupid crap. Why are updates/heads ups such a difficult task?