Timed-limited Invasions are idiotic.

Oceanic General Discussion
So I just get home from Work, work regular hours. Jump on WoW only to notice no Invasions up.

Asked around for a while in Trade and find out they only lasted a set time during the day.

This surprised me and the MANY OTHER people who work full time Jobs as Adults that miss out on the Invasions because Blizzard chose to have them only active during the middle of the day, when the only people online are likely kids or unemployed people.

GG's Nice to find out I can't just jump in-game when I have the time after work and do some Invasions.
This is stupid, if they come up while I'm at work all the time how are we ever suppose to get them done?
What a load of rubbish.
Yeah cool we have our own servers but why are we beholden to US times? The pre expansion invasions were plentiful and once our mains had done everything they needed we found other ways to utilise them. We cant get the same experience if we miss them due to work and other commitments, we do need to venture outside Azeroth occasionally
Just been informed that today's invasion ends in 38 minutes, or 9am New Zealand time, 6-7am Australian. So you either have to get up and do it before breakfast or in my case never see one because you are still foolishly running the Oceanic servers to USA time frames. Can we please get a little common sense applied here? I'm aware you have lost the wisdom and guidance of Tom Chilton but guys Legion is falling fast when it started so damn good. Don't turn this into another poorly executed WoD.
Today's invasion started around 3-4am(NZ). How can I get this done?!
04/05/2017 01:24 PMPosted by Draaguns
Just been informed that today's invasion ends in 38 minutes, or 9am New Zealand time, 6-7am Australian. So you either have to get up and do it before breakfast or in my case never see one because you are still foolishly running the Oceanic servers to USA time frames. Can we please get a little common sense applied here? I'm aware you have lost the wisdom and guidance of Tom Chilton but guys Legion is falling fast when it started so damn good. Don't turn this into another poorly executed WoD.

You are asking a lot of this current wow team, last good wow team was MoP
The only way around this is if Blizzard shorten the invasion times but make more of them that suits more time zones. Having everything sit on US time zones just doesn't cut it. They have a timer on the normal world quests why not do the same on the invasions?
I can't even begin to express just how frustrating this is for us on Oceanic time. I'm in Perth and I'm sleeping generally at the times these are up or getting up and going to work. It really isn't fair to us over here that we are beholden to US time frames for these invasions.
I would not say it is idiotic but I think people are feeling dismissed on Oceanic realms with the current timing structure. Invasions occurring early in the morning or during regular work hours are not helpful and not a fair playing field compared to other regions. I am sure it was not intended to disadvantage Oceanic but that is the outcome.

You could make them occur twice a day and perhaps limit how many shards people collect in a day.

Could we have some feedback please?
I happened to be up this morning to have a look at them (not on this character) .. aaand it wasn't possible to complete the scenario at the end of the invasion. No kill credit in spite of boss down.

TLDR: even if you're up early it's not going to work out for you.
Mid-morning and 2am - 7am ST invasions are too stupid for words.

Blizz please fix
04/05/2017 06:03 PMPosted by Whither
I happened to be up this morning to have a look at them (not on this character) .. aaand it wasn't possible to complete the scenario at the end of the invasion. No kill credit in spite of boss down.

TLDR: even if you're up early it's not going to work out for you.

I got it knocked over in the last 30 mins of the invasion, completed.
We hear you guys. We posted this earlier:
04/05/2017 07:04 PMPosted by Ornyx
We’ve heard a lot of feedback and it’s clear to us that the cyclical Assaults schedule, and the design of the “do all 4” achievement for Pathfinder, weren’t compatible.

World Quests come and go all the time during the day too, while people are at work or asleep, and it’s not a big deal because they’re largely interchangeable. But that would change if we had an achievement required for Pathfinder that asked you to do a specific checklist of world quests. A lot of the stress and concern about “missing” individual Assaults is tied to this achievement, so we’re removing the achievement from Pathfinder via hotfix.

Once this hotfix is active, you will only need to reach Revered with the Armies of Legionfall and fully explore the Broken Shore to earn Legion flying.
04/05/2017 08:37 PMPosted by Takralus
We’ve heard a lot of feedback and it’s clear to us that the cyclical Assaults schedule, and the design of the “do all 4” achievement for Pathfinder, weren’t compatible.

World Quests come and go all the time during the day too, while people are at work or asleep, and it’s not a big deal because they’re largely interchangeable. But that would change if we had an achievement required for Pathfinder that asked you to do a specific checklist of world quests. A lot of the stress and concern about “missing” individual Assaults is tied to this achievement, so we’re removing the achievement from Pathfinder via hotfix.

Once this hotfix is active, you will only need to reach Revered with the Armies of Legionfall and fully explore the Broken Shore to earn Legion flying.

This is not a solution, you are making the assumption people only want to do invasions for the achievement, what does that say about the content blizzard are creating? What if, and I mean I might be CRAZY here but what if I wanted to do the invasions for... fun...

I cant.

I work.

Time limited events as integral and important to the xpac as this, are a joke.

Your solution is invalid.

Fix it.

So you won't be changing the invasion times then?
Even though the smallest minority of people on oceanic realms will get the opportunity to do them?
Sorry that's not good enough Blizzard are failing their community on this one
This is lazy implementation.

Thanks Takralus, this will makes things a bit less daunting.
04/05/2017 09:54 PMPosted by Smeedz

So you won't be changing the invasion times then?
Even though the smallest minority of people on oceanic realms will get the opportunity to do them?
Sorry that's not good enough Blizzard are failing their community on this one
This is lazy implementation.

Changing the Pathfinder Acheivment isn't a solution, Changing how invasion timers is. What use adding content if its content that won't be used?

Most of the content we play in legion is so recycled I have been truly waiting for some new dynamic content I can do outside raid times, but so far this latest patch falls well short of that desire, and now to find out that these invasions are basically for people who don't live in my timezone is more than dissapointing
I believe the invasions are on a rolling schedule, so all invasions will (in the fullness of time) be on at all hours of the day, albeit still on a 5-6 hour window.
The invasions give a ton of reputation and AP and many of us have missed out. Changing the flying meta achievement helps, but it's a lot harder to hit revered without them.