What must 7.2.5 do....

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
One of the big ones for me is all the !@#$ we buy with Nethershards should be BoA.

I have no use for any of the gear that we can get from it on my main (with the rare exception of a huge titanforge).

My alts on the other hand could use all of it.

Do this for us blizzard, show us you care about your player base.
04/09/2017 11:54 PMPosted by Canofspinach
5. Class mounts and reputation. Rumor has it that if I want to get my class mounts on 12 different alts, I will need to grind to exalted with Legionfall 12 different times. Of course, that has not been confirmed or denied yet, so maybe I am panicking about nothing. Regardless, I'm not even going to start on how absurd it is to do a massive grind 12 times on 12 different characters. Even as a mount collector, that is something I will not do. What needs to happen is this: As soon as you get your class mount on your main, you can get it on your alts by getting to 110, completing your class campaign, and meeting Khadgar on the Broken Shore. Then you get a quest to return to your order hall and get your mount.

Has this been confirmed?, i was hoping for an achievement that was accountwide or atleast unlock quest chain account wide.
An hour ago, I saw more people killing falcosaurs in Aszuna than I saw killing rares on the Broken Shore. That is a failure.

Unlike previous expansions the release of the Broken Shore wasn't intended to invalidate all other overworld content.
The fact that you saw players still completing WQs from the Broken Isle even with the release of new content is a clear sign that they have succeeded in their goals.
They have released new overworld content without invalidating all previous overworld content.
I think it's great that we are not all being confined to the newest released island because it majorly invalidated everything else that came before it.

Please, let me grind some nethershards and send some decent gear to my brand new 110.

Why not go earn the nethershards on your alt?
I think by 7.2.5 most of us will have flying so in not really going to address that mess other than...

buff rep gains for Nightfallen. Needing exalted for flying prevents new/returning players from catching up quickly. I'm coming back after a while and i've hit a wall at 18k/21k. I read everywhere that mythic arcway and court of stars bosses give rep, but this doesn't seem to be so anymore.

Legionfall feels terrible right now but everyone is almost there and it's been a short amount of time. i do think there should be less rng on follower missions for rep and lower required followers to even see the missions.

Moving on from rep, i'd like to see

-Follow catch up.

-Heirlooms for 100-110 and it better be simple to upgrade them as it has always been. don't try to gate it somehow.

-broken shore tokens boa, no idea why this isn't the case. at least ones that drop in the world.

-sentinax should not be the only place to farm shards. their reasoning was "avoiding frog farming on timeless isle" but i don't see how what they've done is any different. frog farming might have been the most efficient but if you cohjfbt get tags there, you could go somewhere else. Right now you CANT go anywhere else.

-i'd like to see aspects of the mage tower encounters adjusted based on spec / class so that it is more balanced around skill and not you're gonna do better because you have an extra stun or slow but Tod here doesn't and still gets the exact same encounter.

-i think some of the aspects of the towers should be buffed overall, i don't see myself wanting to contribute once i get what i want out of them. rewards aren't lucrative enough and were even nerfed already. now it's okay, but i think they'll nee a buff by 7.2.5 to keep interest after people have unlocked flying.

-i want more pvp brawls, but merc mode should work -15, 20 min Qs ruin the excitement.

-i'd like a fresh set of WQ, a lot retired with new added in

-i'd like to see invasions / assaults moving into old azeroth, for leveling toons / change of scenery

- i'd like to see WQ added to old zones

-assaults should give rep with legionfall, absurd that they don't
At this rate, the next expansion will only have one dungeon, but it will have five hundred different difficulty levels.

BlizzCon announcement: "So yeah, we're basically giving you five hundred dungeons in this expansion, folks! That's more than the base game and all of the other expansions combined!"

This is the way Blizzard thinks now.
04/10/2017 02:28 AMPosted by Mending
I'm coming back after a while and i've hit a wall at 18k/21k.

At this point you might be ready to do the final bit for the initial part of Nightfallen. With this rep it is not so much you need exalted as much as you reach exalted by the time you complete the Nightfallen chain.

As far as things I'd like to see? the biggest is Legion invasions picking up in pacing or duration, if not both, could be explained as the Legion is getting desperate to win so is pouring more into the invasions.
Less marketing
04/10/2017 12:47 AMPosted by Variyan
I wish I could see and hear the meeting when 7.2 received the thumbs up. It reminds me of a rocket being launched and immediately blown up before leaving the atmosphere into orbit.

Apparently, in the scheme of things, 7.2 was the "least worst" idea.
....To make you, the player, happy?

Let's all face a few facts. While the content in 7.2 is pretty good, its time-gating and RNG-gating has led it to being an unmitigated public relations disaster. The Broken Shore is a dead zone, 1.5 weeks after its launch. An hour ago, I saw more people killing falcosaurs in Aszuna than I saw killing rares on the Broken Shore. That is a failure.

7.2.5 is coming. Probably shortly before or after ToS opens. The question is, what would you like to see Blizz do in this patch to clean up some of their mistakes in 7.2?

I will start with 5 things *I* would like to see. As this is not a major content patch, I will stay away from things like instances/zones. I am also not qualified to talk about class balance, so I'll let you guys discuss that.

My list:

1. Fix mob tagging. Why is it that some mobs can only be tagged by a few people, while others can be targeted by a practically unlimited number? Why can world bosses be tagged by both factions simultaneously? Especially when we are being tossed together with 23 other servers via CRZ and certain resources can only be acquired in small, dense packs of mobs. Why is this even a thing?

2. Paragon Cache RNG. The paragon rep grind is already the longest rep grind ever implemented in the game (from neutral), and the reward at the end is a box with either 700 gold, 700 order resources, or a @#$%ing STORMDRAKE!?! Who thought this was a decent idea? Further, if the reported drop rate is to be believed (roughly 1%), it is entirely possible that I could grind rep on my main for the rest of the expansion and not get A SINGLE ONE of these mounts. This is ludicrous. The drop rate needs to be buffed to 100%. If someone gets further paragon boxes with a faction, they drop curious coins, relinquished gear, and massive chunks of AP.

3. BoA Dauntless Tokens. Why are these BOP? For an expansion which has been relived for being alt-unfriendly, Blizz sure isn't doing much to change that notion. Please, let me grind some nethershards and send some decent gear to my brand new 110. Which brings me to...

4. Buff the nethershard drop rate. People want to grind currency so they can purchase rewards. What is wrong with that? Of course, I understand when something which breaks the game is nerfed (such as server hopping for wormtongue chests, that deserved to be nerfed). But when people are literally grinding mobs/doing quests/teaming up and having fun, why would you nerf that. You have created an environment on the Broken Shore where there is 1 place which drops a decent number of nethershards, and playing in that place is literally torture because of mob tapping rules. If you can't change the tap rules, at least make nethershards drop from more places.

5. Class mounts and reputation. Rumor has it that if I want to get my class mounts on 12 different alts, I will need to grind to exalted with Legionfall 12 different times. Of course, that has not been confirmed or denied yet, so maybe I am panicking about nothing. Regardless, I'm not even going to start on how absurd it is to do a massive grind 12 times on 12 different characters. Even as a mount collector, that is something I will not do. What needs to happen is this: As soon as you get your class mount on your main, you can get it on your alts by getting to 110, completing your class campaign, and meeting Khadgar on the Broken Shore. Then you get a quest to return to your order hall and get your mount.

Well, that's my list. None of these are huge things, but they would undoubtedly make the Broken Shore a much better place to play, and 7.2 content more enjoyable in general.

What are your thoughts?

1. they told us the reason for restrictions on mob tagging - remember back in WoD and entire raids groups farming for primal spirits. They don't want entire raid groups farming an area.

2. the mount drop rate should be at least 10%, I agree a 1% drop rate is going to defeat the purpose of even putting this rep in.

3. I don't care if they are BoA or BoP but some way to get gear for characters leveling up via invasions is necessary. Ideally this gear would drop from something in those.

4. Nethershard rate actually is fine - 1000 plus for an invasion is really just fine. People are getting 5k in a couple of hours by farming and that is fine too.

5. The rep for those mounts isn't as bad as it looks - there is an entire long weekly questline for these that gives rep all along. Add in the tokens you get from missions and it really won't be as painful as it originally looks. ToS raid is almost supposed to give rep as well. I have 12 characters I will be doing this one and this rep is the least of my concerns.
Seeing as how nethershards are so useless, I dont see why they wanted to limit the amount that can be farmed by this stupid tagging system. What can you even buy? Oh joy, 880 gear.. they're still 5k shards each and have to be done on that character so you cant get a fresh toon to 110 and suddenly have all these tokens waiting for them.

Alternatively, why arent at LEAST the 850 tokens BoA? World quests give better loot than this, and those things require almost zero effort.

Really where I think Blizzard went wrong with 7.2 is they took their idea of what they thought would "pace" the content, stretch it out, gating if you want to call it that, and applied it to every single aspect of the patch rather than just 1-3 select things to keep people playing.

Legion fall rep, flying, order hall story (even mission table things seem like they're all adjusted to take longer... I also keep getting missions that show up as 2hr when you look at the mission on the phone app, and assign people to crap missions that give non-LF rep tokens, only to notice afterward its magically turned into a 12 hour mission -_-), nethershard farming for tokens, tower building, the ridiculous new AP grind, invasions, super rep reward caches.... I'm sure I'm forgetting some examples here

But yeah, they took the "time gating" or "pacing" idea, and just applied to to EVERYTHING. So when you log in, you look at this laundry list of things you want accomplished, and realize you cant focus on any individual thing, instead you have to do ALL of it a little bit, and some of it isnt even possible/unlocked yet. A lot of players DO NOT like to play that way, they want to log in with a specific goal, work on it until they're tired or bored or lose their attention for it then go do something else in or out of game. Instead, they have this huge list of crap to work on, and have to run all over this world thats designed for flying but that we dont have yet t-_-t, and do a little work on everything but many things require a LOT of work

I mean I log in when I get home in the mornings after work to knock out AP quests so I can keep my weapon going, and by the time I'm done I've lost 90-120 minutes and need to get to bed, when I wake up its another 1-2 hours to knock out JUST the new AP quests that spawned and the emissary for the day. Thats half my freetime every day and thats JUST the weapon. Then theres legionfall rep, nethershard farming, missions to put in, maybe its a raid night to so there goes 3 hours.... AND THATS JUST ONE FREAKING CHARACTER.

This expansion has been, hands down, the worst for alts, the worst for people who like to focus on one thing at a time, the worst for people who want to keep pace (AP grind) on their mains, the worst for people want to even rep grind BECAUSE ITS ALL TIMED you can only do so much each day, at least the insane title you could grind till your little mind broke if you wanted. Legion? NOPE! Heres your daily allotment of rep grinding you can do, now run along and feel frustrated and angry we know you'll be back tomorrow anyway.

And thats really the crux of it all. Blizzard isnt making the game for the players of different mindsets or playstyles this expansion. They're tailored it to a very niche type of mindset, and are forcing people to play it that way. And people are becoming resentful and either complaining here, or simply quitting.
At this point WoW feels more like a scam than a good time. I give up. And I won't give Blizzard any more of my $$$.
04/10/2017 02:23 AMPosted by Allvoltage

Has this been confirmed?, i was hoping for an achievement that was accountwide or atleast unlock quest chain account wide.

Let me get this right. You want your class mount for your alt without having to do any of the legwork for that particular class? Don't get me wrong, the account wide quest unlock is a good idea, but straight up giving you a mount for a class you didn't work for?

Entitlement-Senses tingling.
Make flying purchasable through gold. This rep grind and quests with achievements is rubbish.
Honestly...

- Cast on move for aimed shot for MM. MM has some serious issues whenever we have to react to mechanics. If we can tunnel during vulnerable we do OK. But once you start getting into higher level content that becomes more difficult to do. One of the big reasons (I assume) that many ppl are going to BM. Additionally... why was this taken away??? Even with cast on move for aimed we wouldn't be as mobile as BM. PVP?? Its always pvp isnt it...
- A wee bit buff to our ST.... (Change our last golden trait to put a dot on the main target that doesnt fall off if the target moves.) or maybe just buff auto shot dmg or arcane shot.
- A single target buff to fire mage dps. What is up with that lateset golden anyway??? Fire didnt need a cleave buff. Who is developing that class? Barney??

Blizz seems content to let some classes do well in some areas and crappy in others. Aforementioned fire and MM are two... probably pirate rogue?? Good in cleave, bad in ST. The talent system SHOULD fix this. However with these two they seem a bit undertuned. No matter what you do the spec just underperforms.

With this expansion, more than any other... this is just not acceptable. For many ppl we have to pick one spec due to the AP farming time sink. AP farming is so time consuming that unless you play all day one spec is about what most ppl can manage. And if you like the spec gameplay... dump a bunch of time into the artifact... and have it just suck compared to other specs... It honestly ruins the desire to play the class. Respec into frost? Respec into BM? And start the grind again?? Or... maybe just time to take a break from legion until next patch or expansion.

I hope blizz does some solid tuning in .5...
  • Remove item level scaling in world zones.
  • Reduce daze chance back to normal levels.
  • Add a few new ways in and out of places that are "up" "in" or "over".
  • Add an elevator in areas that are festooned with cliffs so we don't have to spend inordinate amounts of time looking for a tiny bridge / alley.
  • Reduce fall damage so we don't have to follow 100 yards east 100 yards west 100 yards east zig-zag paths down into things.
  • Let me just spend some gold for Island Flying or similar, so returning players aren't gated into not being able to participate with friends.
  • Change the "never be complete" artifact trait to a single point, and let it be done, instead of forcing it into a grind that culminates in it's loss anyway.
  • Increase legendary bad luck protection for accounts that are lagged behind their peers to promote group inclusion.
  • Reduce mob abilities that slow / stun.
04/10/2017 12:41 AMPosted by Monglo
I agree the tokens should have been BOA. Even if it is just the blue ones that would be a start. I mean changes are at least as of right now most people doing broken shore are probably on their main because they want rep to get flying. Anyone who has been playing a main any amount of time has no use for the blue tokens.

Bingo. I never played WoD when tanaan was released or mop at the time of timeless isle so idk if tokens were BoA when it was relevant. But, I'm working on flying on this rogue and these tokens give 850 gear mostly. Got no need for any of it and it just becomes vendor fodder. They should be BoA like the other tokens.
Don't repeat most of the 7.1.5 class changes. For example, Fire Mages were completely BURNED in that patch.

Haha, get it?

Cus they are fire mages.....

...and they burn things.

Ye, you get it.
04/10/2017 05:38 AMPosted by Vandal
so idk if tokens were BoA when it was relevant

Pretty sure they were BoA from the start in Tannan, because blizzard knew they were purely "catchup" fodder and no one who was staying current on gear would benefit from it at all. JUST LIKE the dauntless tokens.

You can make a case that the epic 5k shard ones shouldnt be BoA since 880 is still ya know, current tier level. But even then, I'd say with ToS release they should become BoA. But they wont. If blizzard couldnt even manage to make dauntless tokens BoA to start with, they wont make the epic ones BoA ever. We'll be lucky to see dauntless go BoA by the time tomb is out.
04/10/2017 12:50 AMPosted by Espure
No, no. Blizzard thought that 7.2 was a good patch and ignored any flaws. The playerbase was more than happy to receive even a decent patch, but what they got was a steaming turd.

I strongly disagree with you on many things (Legacy servers, risk/reward/exclusivity) but this I agree with you on. 7.2 isn't good (it isn't even mediocre.)
Even if they did everything the OP and others have mentioned, I think the Broken Shore is done. I don't think they can salvage it. So many people already out gear it, and for those that don't the stingy drop rates on mobs and the RNG Slot Machine aren't worth the grind. Plus you have no idea what stats you'll get on the gear, so unless iLevel is all you care about, the gear is a crap shoot.