Patch 7.2 Content Release Timeline

General Discussion
1 2 3 16 Next
We’ve seen some confusion around the availability and timing of various aspects of the 7.2 patch, and we’d like to clarify our plans for releasing the remaining pieces of Patch 7.2’s content:

• Week 2 (next week): Legion Assaults begin, first PvP Brawl becomes available
  • Week 3: Chapter 5 of the Class Order Hall campaign unlocks, which activates new followers, new Order Hall upgrades, and class-specific World Quests
  • Weeks 4-11: Ongoing story pieces unlock, leading up to the eventual opening of the Tomb of Sargeras raid, and the ability to earn Class Mounts

Several of these pieces tie into the overarching story being told in 7.2: our return to the Broken Shore for vengeance, followed by the Legion’s response, and the eventual buildup toward the assault on the Tomb of Sargeras and Kil’jaeden himself. With the release of Patch 7.2, that series of events is set into motion, but they don’t all occur immediately. For example, the upcoming Legion Assaults are a direct response to our initial attack on the Broken Shore. Those assaults, in turn, prompt some of the later parts of the Order Hall campaign. These events occur in a chronological order, and we want to give players the chance to be there as it happens, rather than having some of it unfold off-screen or rushing it along.

But aside from the narrative, pacing content releases helps with clear direction and player focus. During PTR testing, where we had the calendar advanced to allow for testing of all content in parallel, players were pulled in many different directions from the outset. While the heart of the patch lies on the Broken Shore, Legion Assaults were drawing players back to the original Broken Isles zones, and many Order Campaign questlines sent players to other expansions’ continents. With the content release structure we settled on, Broken Shore can stand alone as the initial focus of attention. We didn’t open the Tomb of Sargeras raid with the patch because we don’t want to rush players who are still progressing through Nighthold, but that same sort of logic applies to nearly all other features.

We apologize that that hasn’t been clear enough from the start, but hope that this will help relieve some concerns.
So what exactly are we supposed to be focusing on at the Broken Shore? I did the initial questlines and then there's nothing but the occasional world quest as far as I can see.
Unless droprates are really buffed there's absolutely nothing to do on the Broken Shore besides a 3 minute world quest here and there. We're basically playing 7.1.5+ till next week. Tanaan and the Isle had meaningful rares and treasures (and events on the Isle) and the Broken Shore has none of that. It's basically just a small zone with some demons on it that we occasionally kill.

I'm also already dreading the thought of grinding rep on my alts as well due to the silly exalted requirement for the mounts unless we get tons of rep from the weekly quests and invasions.

The buildings need to build much faster as well. Even quicker than the current buff since it seems you locked a lot of actual reasons to be on the Broken Shore behind them.
Nothing to do on the Broken Shore, why would you nerf the ONE NEW THING we could grind and send us straight back to the M+ sweatshop?
03/29/2017 02:36 PMPosted by Ornyx
Week 4+: Ongoing story pieces unlock, leading up to the eventual opening of the Tomb of Sargeras raid, and the ability to earn Class Mounts

So... is Tomb coming out in four weeks, or am I missing something?

Because I definitely feel like I'm missing more information than 7.2 is missing content.
03/29/2017 02:45 PMPosted by Canitnerd
Nothing to do on the Broken Shore, why would you nerf the ONE NEW THING we could grind and send us straight back to the M+ sweatshop?

Oh wait, those were nerfed too.

What exactly DO you envision us doing for the next week?
Unless droprates are really buffed there's absolutely nothing to do on the Broken Shore besides a 3 minute world quest here and there. We're basically playing 7.1.5+ till next week. I'm already dreading the thought of grinding rep on my alts as well due to the silly exalted requirement for the mounts unless we get tons of rep from the weekly quests and invasions.

Yeah, I tried to kill stuff under the ship, but most things can't even be looted and the stuff that does gives virtually no shards. I get more from just killing random stuff elsewhere, since most of that can at least be looted. And the rep grind is so slow, I just don't see the point. At ~400ish rep a day, it's going to be a long time before I'm even honored and can get the flask, let alone anything else.
03/29/2017 02:36 PMPosted by Ornyx
We’ve seen some confusion around the availability and timing of various aspects of the 7.2 patch, and we’d like to clarify our plans for releasing the remaining pieces of Patch 7.2’s content:

• Week 2 (next week): Legion Assaults begin, first PvP Brawl becomes available
  • Week 3: Chapter 5 of the Class Order Hall campaign unlocks, which activates new followers, new Order Hall upgrades, and class-specific World Quests
  • Week 4+: Ongoing story pieces unlock, leading up to the eventual opening of the Tomb of Sargeras raid, and the ability to earn Class Mounts

Several of these pieces tie into the overarching story being told in 7.2: our return to the Broken Shore for vengeance, followed by the Legion’s response, and the eventual buildup toward the assault on the Tomb of Sargeras and Kil’jaeden himself. With the release of Patch 7.2, that series of events is set into motion, but they don’t all occur immediately. For example, the upcoming Legion Assaults are a direct response to our initial attack on the Broken Shore. Those assaults, in turn, prompt some of the later parts of the Order Hall campaign. These events occur in a chronological order, and we want to give players the chance to be there as it happens, rather than having some of it unfold off-screen or rushing it along.

But aside from the narrative, pacing content releases helps with clear direction and player focus. During PTR testing, where we had the calendar advanced to allow for testing of all content in parallel, players were pulled in many different directions from the outset. While the heart of the patch lies on the Broken Shore, Legion Assaults were drawing players back to the original Broken Isles zones, and many Order Campaign questlines sent players to other expansions’ continents. With the content release structure we settled on, Broken Shore can stand alone as the initial focus of attention. We didn’t open the Tomb of Sargeras raid with the patch because we don’t want to rush players who are still progressing through Nighthold, but that same sort of logic applies to nearly all other features.

We apologize that that hasn’t been clear enough from the start, but hope that this will help relieve some concerns.

How is the Broken Shore standing alone as the initial focus of attention when there's nothing to do? I did the four World Quests it had, punched one of the extremely slowly spawning rares, and collected a handful of shards from an hour sitting under the Sentilax (buff the drop rate here, PLEASE).

Now what? There's nothing here.
Gotta make sure to keep those subs an extra month by giving us 15 minutes of content a week.
I think the invasions should have been released this week as well as the order hall advancement quests. There isn't much to do right now except m+ because farming nethershards in its current incarnation is a complete waste of time (drop rate is terrible as well as mob tagging issues).

So... is Tomb coming out in four weeks, or am I missing something?

It's supposed to be an 11 week questline or something like that. The raid prob won't open until around the beginning of June.
Hi Ornyx, I posted my own feed back thread in general discussion, Hope it helps because.. You / we need help.
My concerns are not relieved in the slightest. I won't have nearly as much time to play next week or the week after. The 7.2 release was hyped as having lots of content. The reality is... disappointing.

I was especially looking forward to the single-player challenges from the Mage Tower, and with how long that is taking to build I probably won't be able to play for the three days it is actually up. Please help me and people in my situation Blizzard.
this would have been great if there was stuff to do on the broken shore other than world quests a couple times a day
Nice, this is the wait till blizzard unlocks content from a patch they just released.....
edit the patch notes remove everything you can't do now. fact is you lied
So, let me get this straight here. You rush out a patch, and don't address 35% of the bugs that the PTR testers brought to your attention. You laud it as the "BIGGEST PATCH EVER" to get people hyped up for it. You add in a new scaling system that is universally reviled. And then you expect us to sit around and do... what, like 3 world quests a day, as well as grinding out Nethershards (whose drop rates you drastically nerfed) until next week?

WHY?
So, what we can do in week 1 is:

1) Unlock the island & artifact knowledge increases
2) Start working on the artifact weapon upgraded traits
3) Run some new dungeons (Kara heroic/M+ & the new broken shore dungeon)
4) Do some new daily quests on the broken shore
5) Work on the new reputation bonus stuff for the original factions (you can keep earning caches via completing reputation bonuses for reputations)
6) Level your existing followers with upgrade tokens.
7) Start saving up order resources for when you'll need them later
8) Keep doing what you were doing last week.

Then next week (and beyond) we get even more stuff to do.

The releases to me feel like the Isle of Thunder in MOP where we had things to do slowly unlock, although that pacing is less obvious (where the island literally opened up new physical spaces in MOP).
This is lame on the devs part seriously. Stop trying to slow players down by telling us how to play .
Will this include those awesome random class quests with cool puzzles and gimmicks from the beta?
Week 2 (next week): Legion Assaults begin, first PvP Brawl becomes available
Week 3: Chapter 5 of the Class Order Hall campaign unlocks, which activates new followers, new Order Hall upgrades, and class-specific World Quests
Week 4+: Ongoing story pieces unlock, leading up to the eventual opening of the Tomb of Sargeras raid, and the ability to earn Class Mounts

gated content for mains
insane gated content for alts

So tell me again should I go back to farm MoS, CoS all over?