Huge! BRM nerfs planned

Monk
Brew master is already !@#$ty enough. This isn't justified
04/01/2017 12:52 AMPosted by Bwa
Nope. Scratch what I said. They nerfed Prot Pallies. I guess they got too close to Guardian Druid's dominance for their liking. LMAO.

Now this is just frustrating.

:(

Maybe I'll just play a class I like for the mog. Now I just need to ...pick that class.
They mentioned capping out stagger at 100% of hp and the rest goes directly to health. This confirms April Fool's joke, right?
I would suggest commenting mostly in this thread where the blue posted:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20753776674?page=1

If the blues read feedback and consider it, I don't think that they will read it at several places but concentrate in one thread. I think it is safe to say that if it is the case, it will be in that thread in class dev forums.
04/01/2017 06:35 AMPosted by Pandarøx
They mentioned capping out stagger at 100% of hp and the rest goes directly to health. This confirms April Fool's joke, right?

I'm hoping it's just up for discussion and the final iteration is closer to this....
We're going to add a cap on how much damage can be Staggered (high enough that you won't hit it in normal gameplay, but enough to stop cheesing mechanics).

and
If you're about to try to soak something that will do a few times your maximum health in damage (even after cooldowns), you should expect to die immediately.

I read that as Stagger will feel the same as it does now outside of mechanics designed to force the use of 2 Tanks. It definitely takes away some fun in the same way they nerfed the ToK Cloak for WW's but I can see why they're doing it. As long as the cap is per hit and not on the total bar it's going to be OK. If it's a cap on the total amount in the Stagger Pool as they've hinted then it's a horrible change.

Now they need to bring Bears down to Earth if they don't want a revolt from the other Tank specs.
The cap is on the dot stagger applies. When that dot equals your max hp, you no longer stagger. That is based on Celestalon's post later in the thread.

If it was a per hit cap, then it would be fine, but if it is the stagger dot, we will just die in punishing content.

If I am level in stagger at around 50% of my life in a M+10, then all of a sudden take a big few swings of damage from mobs or boss abilities (Sunder from 2nd Nelth boss, Wraithguards in BrH, etc), I could easily just die on the spot because it will put me over the stagger cap and then hit my life directly.
why are they nerfing BRN and Prot Paladins? wth....my co-tank is a paladin and I thought they were in a great spot. BRM also I thought was in a great spot.
Truly atrocious. It show's how far and away the devs are from reality.
Celestalon lost me at "several experienced internal" testers "stacking haste to reduce BoS cd to 2-2.5s"... And buffing our armor to recompensate stagger% reduction too.
This has to be an April Fool's joke in poor taste. Claiming that ISB even counts as active mitigation shows how little Celestalon understands about our class.

Here's the original: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20753776674
ISB does count as active mitigation when the game needs to do a active mitigation check (BRH 2nd boss to prevent the debuff for an example). But it is labeled that way in name only. It doesn't actually mitigate anything, but as a class we can't have a reactive mitigation because you then can't stop those abilities like the BRH boss.
So with a stagger cap, wouldn't stagger pausing be a death sentence?
Yes, it would make that not worth using in any content you would. If you fell behind in a dungeon and wanted to give your healer time to get you up then purify more, pausing your stagger would not be a good decision.

Using it in lower end content would have no effect because if you out gear the content then you would likely never get to your stagger cap anyway.
04/01/2017 08:30 AMPosted by Dreàdnaught
why are they nerfing BRN and Prot Paladins? wth....my co-tank is a paladin and I thought they were in a great spot. BRM also I thought was in a great spot.

They nerfed Brews and Pallies while buffing Guardian DPS.

LMFAO.
03/31/2017 07:14 PMPosted by Vexabatur
Meanwhile still no mention of guardian nerfs when they can tank equally high absurd damage.. Guess we were getting a little too close to blizzards favorite tank.

If you read more of their posts before you rage posted you'd see that they said they have plans on doing the exact same thing to guardians. We aren't the only ones getting toned down
03/31/2017 07:14 PMPosted by Vexabatur
Meanwhile still no mention of guardian nerfs when they can tank equally high absurd damage.. Guess we were getting a little too close to blizzards favorite tank.

You don't even do heroic raids, you'll be fine.
It's a concern for mythic raiders as all of the changes completely change the class.

If you read more of their posts before you rage posted you'd see that they said they have plans on doing the exact same thing to guardians. We aren't the only ones getting toned down
04/01/2017 11:55 AMPosted by Glowshot
04/01/2017 08:30 AMPosted by Dreàdnaught

LMFAO.

Truly is funny isn't it. if these changes are actually made brews will be dumpster tier.
04/01/2017 04:52 PMPosted by Terazar
04/01/2017 11:55 AMPosted by Glowshot

LMFAO.

Truly is funny isn't it. if these changes are actually made brews will be dumpster tier.

It is strange that they mentioned they want to keep the relative power of Brm the same, yet "shift where the damage comes from" considering, according to warcraft logs, brm requires significantly more external healing than any other tank on almost every single fight. The strength of monk tanks comes from the fact that they are both versatile and smooth out all damage taken, making it significantly easier to heal. If they take that away but keep the relative damage input the same, we'd basically just be avoidance tanks at that point, like a rogue with taunt.
04/01/2017 02:45 AMPosted by Gongfuren
Brew master is already !@#$ty enough.

This sounds like a learn to play issue. Brewmasters are in a very good spot right now on live. The "proposed" changes are trying to redesign an entire spec around problems that don't really even exist.

The only valid "issue" in Celestalon's post is the rotation. It is occasionally clunky without the legendary chest based on your haste and whether you're running BoC or HT. It's pretty poor design to have "get lucky enough to get this legendary" be the only answer to that issue, but the proposed change only makes things worse instead of better. The easiest solution is to give Blackout Strike a fixed 2 or 3 second cooldown and not have it be influenced by haste like it is now. That fixes the clunkiness of the spell having fractions of a second left on its CD immediately because BoS would always be available every other or every 3 GCDs.
04/01/2017 08:58 AMPosted by Shogi
Truly atrocious. It show's how far and away the devs are from reality.

I'm leveling my monk but I also play a priest. We should stop refering to them at 'the devs' because they aren't. They are the diablo 3 team and they genuinely have no experience in this game. Let's refer to them as the diablo 3 team because that is what they are. Let us be accurate and clear that the Diablo 3 team should not be here..