OUTLAW vs Agatha guide (Mage tower Challenge)

Rogue
1 2 3 8 Next
Hey guys!

This challenge is very, very hard for us Outlaws, so here is a short guide on what worked for me, and a video of my kill. Agatha is all about add management. Kill the adds correctly and efficiently, and you will have time left over to DPS her. I cannot stress enough that this fight is about the adds above all else.

The video: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/133238628

RTB STRATEGY

Bones values in this fight are as follows:

1. True Bearing
2. Grand Melee
3. The rest

On the pull, try to fish for True Bearing. This will give you frequent Adrenaline Rushes, providing more than enough energy for Crimson Vial (if needed), frequent Sprints to reduce damage (feint) and get to the different adds, and of course, additional damage from MFD.

Grand melee is an obvious one, as the leech will save you in many situations but is not required.. You can get plenty of self-healing from Greed procs, Crimson Vial, and good use of Cloak. Basically go for True Bearing, anything else is an added bonus. Sticking with Grand Melee for too long will cause your damage to drop off and you'll just fall behind on adds (more on this in a sec).

GEARING STRATEGY

Basically, go with what you've been using and what you're comfortable with. I experimented with Will of Valeera, an intuitive go-to, but it didn't work well for me. Sure, I healed through stuff, but at great energy cost, causing me to fall behind on adds. Instead of using Will, try and rely on good Bones RNG to keep you alive.

My go-to's are Mantle, and Greenskins. Mantle provides you with very strong burst on adds when needed (via Vanish), and Greenskins provides that single-target boost to chew through her absurd 103M health pool. But again, go with what you're comfortable with and have the most practice on. You DO NOT need Valeera for this fight.

TALENTS

General raid talents. Nothing unconventional is needed here; however, I did experiment a bit, so here's what I found. Dirty Tricks is a must, for free Gouges on the Imp Servants.

Grapple vs Acrobatic Strikes: I feel that Grapple is a trap. Do NOT use it here, as you will have trouble positioning around the green puddles and killing adds that inevitably spawn on top of them. Rely on True Bearing to refresh Sprint, and that is all the mobility you'll need for when she teleports.

THE FIGHT

The pull: On pull, she spawns three Smoldering imp adds that fire spells at you. Cleave these down with your opening burst on the boss. Shortly after, she spawns two of the next type of adds. These ignore you, and instead attempt to channel a heal onto Agatha. Kick one, bring it to the other. Gouge the second one since your interrupt is down. Make sure you have MFD up for these, and all subsequent add spawns. Good MFD usage is how Outlaw can get through this.

Umbral imps: after a little while, she will spawn a new round of imps, Umbrals. When these are alive, Agatha is immune to damage. Kill these as quickly as possible. They will periodically teleport a short distance, so have sprint ready. These imps also chain shadowbolts at you, which are quite painful, so cloak can be nice here.

Dark Fury: Periodically, Agatha channels Dark Fury, giving her a shield while she channels stacking damage on you. Break the shield, then interrupt the channel ASAP to minimize damage taken. If you're falling behind here, it's another good spot for defensives.

Fuming Imp: throughout the fight, she spawns imps that charge at you, and upon getting to you they drop patches of ground that slow you and damage you. It's super important to keep the patches to a minimum: if they build up, it eventually becomes impossible to run around killing the other adds, and dodging boulders in Phase 2. Try to strategically lure these imps to a good spot for their ground patches. The best spot is directly under Agatha's body.

Phase 2: At 50%, she will teleport to the end of the corridor, and start throwing boulders at you that roll down the hill. These boulders are exactly like Krosus beams: two will never spawn at the same location in a row, meaning when one spawns, dodge it and then move to where it was: that spot becomes a safe zone. Repeat with each boulder.

Continue managing the adds while dodging boulders, and she will eventually teleport again. Try to have sprint ready. Keep doing these mechanics, focus adds down ASAP. If you can stay ahead of the mechanics and not get overwhelmed, she will eventually die.

All of this is incredibly difficult to execute. I'm Mythic geared, and it took me over 20 attempts, though I did have an embarrassingly high amount of Boulder deaths. If you end up bashing your head against a wall, take a break and come back later. Perhaps give it some time and gear up a little more - if you're below 900 ilvl, your damage might not be there yet. Either way, keep at it, practice the mechanics, and you'll eventually get a pull where the Bones shine on you, giving you everything you need, when you need it. Be ready for that pull. Have your mechanics ready. Don't waste that pull.

Good luck!
Thanks a lot for all the information, and congratulations for the kill ! how much you think is the dps check? I am doing about 500-600k, not sure if its enough
Appreciate the tips
04/03/2017 02:58 PMPosted by Sakha
Thanks a lot for all the information, and congratulations for the kill ! how much you think is the dps check? I am doing about 500-600k, not sure if its enough

Thanks! The DPS check is quite hard. 500-600 Might be a little low, but could be possible with perfect mechanics. You could always brute-force it until you get 6-rolls though!
The fight looks pretty straight forward, you just need good gear and lucky rolls.
nvm missed info in the OP
At my current gear state it's impossible, it's mechanically easy, just gear dependant.
Iron stomach also helps a lot.

With that said, this fight is so incredibly punishing on RTB. If you have bad rolls during the shield, you lose. If you have bad rolls for the first part of the fight, you don't put out enough damage and she heals so much from the adds that you never get out of that phase. And not to mention the annoyance of teleporting priority adds that often times end up in puddles or in the way of boulders.
04/03/2017 04:31 PMPosted by Veldis

With that said, this fight is so incredibly punishing on RTB. If you have bad rolls during the shield, you lose. If you have bad rolls for the first part of the fight, you don't put out enough damage and she heals so much from the adds that you never get out of that phase. And not to mention the annoyance of teleporting priority adds that often times end up in puddles or in the way of boulders.

Sums up the frustrations of that fight nicely. Just need to have a pull where you get the rolls you need.
thanks bro, but it seems that your ilvl is 910-915.
¿any idea if someone with lower ilvl has done it?.

still, great video, i will keep in mind how you do it. it helped me a lot.
Thanks for the tips. At 903, I've gotten her to 50%, but yeah the adds get out of hand. When she switches phases, I can't finish the adds off fast enough to get to her to break her shield.
In your video, it seems like you are never energy starved at all. You weren't taking vigor were you?
at 891 this !@#$ is borderline impossible and I'd just wait until 900+
04/03/2017 05:02 PMPosted by Swankysleuth
In your video, it seems like you are never energy starved at all. You weren't taking vigor were you?

Nope, just kept chaining adrenaline rushes fuelled by True Bearing.
Still not able to manage this. The rolls are just constantly working against me and it is the most triggering thing on the planet. My best was 55% before I had to reroll during her bubble phase and got destroyed.
glad to see an outlaw did finish it. Sad to see how easy you made this look. I think your gear really helps, and I bet you were excited to see that 6 pack come up during phase 2. Good for you man.
TBH the 6 buff helped a ton. He was falling behind a bit in healing before it. I'm not sure that kill would have happened with a worse roll. I had her down to 3% or something like that and then found out she has a small enrage mechanic.
04/03/2017 06:06 PMPosted by Kaast
glad to see an outlaw did finish it. Sad to see how easy you made this look. I think your gear really helps, and I bet you were excited to see that 6 pack come up during phase 2. Good for you man.

Thank you! That run looked easy, but I definitely messed up in every way possible in previous attempts before the dream could happen.

04/03/2017 06:17 PMPosted by Veldis
TBH the 6 buff helped a ton. He was falling behind a bit in healing before it. I'm not sure that kill would have happened with a worse roll. I had her down to 3% or something like that and then found out she has a small enrage mechanic.

The 6 roll was definitely a catalyst to the kill. However, she was already quite low before I rolled it. I was fairly confident I could manage it at the time of rerolling, just needed something average at worst. I had several sub-10% wipes, and one wipe at 0%, without 6-rolls, which I botched due to getting hit by boulders. It's definitely possible without "the dream roll" happening.
04/03/2017 04:31 PMPosted by Veldis

Perfect summary.
Do the umbral imps also prevent damage to the purple bubble that we need to break to interrupt her cast?