What happened to Broken Shore treasures?

General Discussion
04/06/2017 04:34 PMPosted by Merdrin
04/06/2017 03:10 PMPosted by Strigidae
I used to see them on my minimap quite often the past few days, but never paid much attention to them because I didn't knew I needed them so much.

Now that I'm at 90/100 Legionfall resources, I thought I might go searching for a few. Well, I've spent the last hour running around every corner of the map, and didn't see a single one.

How do they work? Do they have a respawn timer or something?

My theory is that a few people who do nothing but farm those clear out a small area and then realm hop, clear it out and then do that again and again.

Maybe I shouldn't, but I get pissed at people in this game. There's always enough people that look for every little possible exploit and then milk it to death so much that the rest of the players can't have nice things because the devs see the exploits and nerf it completely into the ground.
I used to see them on my minimap quite often the past few days, but never paid much attention to them because I didn't knew I needed them so much.

Now that I'm at 90/100 Legionfall resources, I thought I might go searching for a few. Well, I've spent the last hour running around every corner of the map, and didn't see a single one.

My theory is that a few people who do nothing but farm those clear out a small area and then realm hop, clear it out and then do that again and again.

Many people on the wow subreddit recommend doing this. Anyone who is revered already almost certainly has.

It's possible that blizzard nerfed the spawns to counteract this behavior, or there just may be more people serving hopping and taking them all now.

They apparently can only be tagged by 5 people and despawn 15 seconds after the first loot.
04/06/2017 04:57 PMPosted by Dliver

Maybe I shouldn't, but I get pissed at people in this game. There's always enough people that look for every little possible exploit and then milk it to death so much that the rest of the players can't have nice things because the devs see the exploits and nerf it completely into the ground.

I really hate this as well because they are screwing the people on all those servers because they are greedy. If those people weren't doing that, everyone would end up with a few just in normal gameplay.

I wish blizzard would make certain things not lootable except when you are on your own server. Realm hopping for herbs and ore is another one that bothers me.
04/06/2017 03:12 PMPosted by Suduha
When the Mage Tower is active, more of them spawn, now that it's destroyed you won't see them as much
The only thing the mage tower changed was there was more stuff in the chests. Before and after the mage tower was built there were a bunch of chests. It's only in the past day or so that the total number of chests has decreased.
If it's any consolation, checking the r/wow new queue right now shows people complaining about so many people server hopping that their server hopping isn't productive anymore.
Are chests competely deleted now?
04/06/2017 03:12 PMPosted by Pauladin
Everything rep related to Legionfall has been nerfed to the ground.

Very true! ..and I am throwing my hands up in defeat. I no longer feel like I enjoy this game and the mind-melting grind. I am going to speak with my wallet tonight.
I have farmed the chests for the last week. A few observations I've made are after the opening of the broke shores, chests were everywhere; although, after a couple days the spawn rate seemed to have been nerfed.

Upon the opening of the mage tower and the use of server hopping. I was back up and running on chest farming even though there were significantly less than previous.

After the closing of the mage tower, chests appear to be almost non existence. Places where I regularly farmed, even after 30+ server hops were empty.

Conclusion? I think chests were bugged at release and blizzard finally fixed it as the mage tower went down. Either way, it really doesn't matter to me. I'm flying.
04/06/2017 04:57 PMPosted by Dliver

It is not an exploit.
the mage tower thing is nonsense. that's not why this is how it is. before mage tower was ever built to begin with, the first days of broken shore, chests were all over the place (not the same chests, either. the tower added additional, different chests) - plus multiple people could get the same chests for a long time.

now, they almost never spawn, totally different than before mage tower came around at all. and when they do, one person gets it and in several seconds it's gone for everybody - also nothing like before.

every single time (pre-mage tower, to be clear again) i went through some areas i got 5-7 chests. every. single. time. i haven't ever seen more than 2 chests in that area at a time since a week or two ago. and most of the time I see zero.

they nerfed the !@#$ out of it and anybody who disagrees clearly didn't spend much time exploring in the early days of broken shore.

so, those of us who didn't have time in that tiny window, we don't have the pleasure they did. so we get to spend days ding the trickle of things until we can fly.

super.

The people with flying are nabbing them, they easily swoop down and fly off...

This is why Pathfinder part 2 should have been as easy as talking to someone, so everyone gets flying at the same time..as it is now, the average players are being screwed over.