PSA: Creatures now scale with item level

General Discussion
Prev 1 139 140 141 408 Next
I just don't understand where this change is coming from. Was there really a large group of people saying, "Man, when I go to Highmountain to collect 8 bear asses, I am seeking a CHALLENGE" - Nobody ever
03/29/2017 12:30 PMPosted by Daiyu
having Hati grab a felguard by the throat while the hunter baseball slides between the demon's legs, tags both ankles with bombs then flips away and launches a volley of arrows in its back before hati returns to the hunter's side and they both slow walk away when the bombs on the felguard's ankles goes off.

That was an awesome description, good work :)
03/29/2017 12:49 PMPosted by Stevelrwin
03/29/2017 12:45 PMPosted by Slyth
Ok I'm confused.......first I see people complaining at the start of the expansion that they have no time to play their alts and there is to much to do. With this patch we see complaints about only a small portion of the new content is playable while the rest is gated. Now we have complaints about the health of mobs being scaled to your characters ilvl (which I personally have found to barely be noticeable since I am still destroying everything I come against but whatever.)

So which is it.....do you want to play the game on a single character less or more or are we just complaining for the sake of complaining at this point cause Blizzard is a company and companies like money so they must be evil cause obviously if you like money you gotta be evil so therefore Blizzard is evil?

My apologies if I am coming off rude but I am getting tired of people complaining everytime the game changes. It is a good game lets try to enjoy it.

We're "complaining" because they shadow-added a feature that they said they would never add into the game back in September of 2016. Not only did they do this, they deliberately lied to our faces about it, and then tried to excuse their actions by basically saying "it's for the good of the game", which is complete nonsense. The system as implemented punishes higher-geared players, and how you cannot see how that is an issue is beyond me.

Every change made to the game IS for the good of the game though. Take WoD for instance, we all agree this expansion was probably the worst one they have ever made and hopefully the worst they ever do make. Those decisions helped them form the path to making a better game which has been forming and is continuing to form in Legion and the coming expansions.

They choose to inform us about changes because they are trying to work with the community to make this game a better one instead of just making the game without saying a word to us which they could do but they know that it will ultimately come to failure. Not all the changes they make have to be okayed by the community.

They did say that they weren't going to make this change previously but it is their game and they can choose to change their mind at any given time.
Why make us 5% stronger if its not actually going to be 5% stronger...
03/29/2017 12:55 PMPosted by Drako
At the end of the day we don't know how long they've been working on this, my guess is for quite a while so the chances of them scrapping it are very low.

They invested time, man power, and money into it. They're not just going to throw that away, unfortunately for us.

They better scrap it, it should've never seen the light of day to begin with. They need to show some integrity and stick to what they say for once. I'm glad the community is calling them out for bald-face lying to the community back in September.
GG Ion, it's one thing to break the game with game-breaking bugs upon major patch rollout, it's a whole different situation to defeat the purpose of the game with the patch rollout, too.
03/29/2017 12:52 PMPosted by Roxette
03/29/2017 12:49 PMPosted by Stevelrwin

We're "complaining" because they shadow-added a feature that they said they would never add into the game back in September of 2016. Not only did they do this, they deliberately lied to our faces about it, and then tried to excuse their actions by basically saying "it's for the good of the game", which is complete nonsense. The system as implemented punishes higher-geared players, and how you cannot see how that is an issue is beyond me.

They changed their minds. Flying was okay for years and all of a sudden it wasn't. And it is for the good of the game in this case, unless you can come up with another solution to the problem (and no removing or nerfing gear in LFR isn't the solution either).

Well its not like the dev team was always the same hence the drastic changes. Blizzard isn't an entity with a single mind. The old devs were the ones that built this game with love, these new devs are just trying to do what they do in Diablo 3 but they have yet to obviously learn that those ways don't work in WoW.
Remove this !@#$ from the game and do it today. No exceptions.
This deliberate change is so incredibly obnoxious.

For my 885 rogue it was noticeable and annoying, but still not wretched, just left a bad taste in my mouth.

For this under geared disc priest, I am done. This is an alt and being that it's my third 110, I can not afford ANY more time in your terrible system to now level up his shadow spec. So with that, I will NOT play any content that had just finally started feeling "BEARABLE" to be completely horrible again on this disc priest.

You said distinctly that leveling as a healer would be far superior to the past in Legion. This has NOT been true on my Restoration Shaman or my Disc Priest. For my Restoration Shaman it was actually so bad that I had to level Enhancement. For my Disc, it's been super annoying and bad, but I just got geared enough that world quests were still annoying, but manageable.

Now you've made it so it's back to square one. I can't even believe you have done this. WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING??????????????????????

I AM DONE.
Please revert this.

Being a priest healer or even my resto druid main is a pain to kill things. Granted, I do wqs in boomkin spec but sometimes I forget.
03/29/2017 12:55 PMPosted by Drako
At the end of the day we don't know how long they've been working on this, my guess is for quite a while so the chances of them scrapping it are very low.

They invested time, man power, and money into it. They're not just going to throw that away, unfortunately for us.

Well..they'll also loose a ton of money when people leave if they don't remove it..so they either cut their losses and scrap it or they loose even more money by losing a bunch of people.
03/29/2017 12:54 PMPosted by Paprîka
Blizzard very likely does. That's the point and the concern.

You know what else would fix Sha of Anger, though? Tossing CRZ into the dustbin of history. HINT HINT. PLEASE BLIZZARD TAKE THE DAMNED HINT.
03/29/2017 12:32 PMPosted by Xyona
03/29/2017 12:26 PMPosted by Gigabear
Armory has finally updated my avatar for the new META game. I can't wait to bring some holiday cheer to the mobs way faster than I ever could in bis gear!

yeah I just removed both rings on all my toons it goes waaay smoother.

I guess we dont need rings anymore.

But...but....i feels....happy when i wears my ....

Precioussss...

Thank you, Andy Ser...I mean....Gollum.

Seriously, magic rings ARE supposed to make you stronger, not the world around you.
03/28/2017 10:48 PMPosted by Watcher
If you get a great set of item upgrades that make you 5% stronger, maybe the world gets 1-2% tougher.

Or, how about this. I'm going to put on my 3rd grade thinking cap and do some math for you. I Hope you're ready, this is going to blow your mind. Make the upgrades a 3% power gain instead of 5% and don't scale mob difficulty.

Let me break down the math for you so you know how I reached that conclusion.

5 - 2 = 3
03/29/2017 12:56 PMPosted by Funcle
I just don't understand where this change is coming from. Was there really a large group of people saying, "Man, when I go to Highmountain to collect 8 bear asses, I am seeking a CHALLENGE" - Nobody ever

hahahahaha "bear asses"
03/29/2017 12:57 PMPosted by Lithlithel

Because you become stronger to do harder raid and dungeon content. You get that gear so you can take down Gul'dan or Kil'Jaeden, not because your goal is to kill bears faster. They're just keeping the open world content relevant.
03/29/2017 12:52 PMPosted by Roxette
<span class="truncated">...</span>

They changed their minds. Flying was okay for years and all of a sudden it wasn't. And it is for the good of the game in this case, unless you can come up with another solution to the problem (and no removing or nerfing gear in LFR isn't the solution either).

The complaints about flying are what even kept it in the game at the capacity it is. If they had their way there would never be flying again.

03/29/2017 12:59 PMPosted by Kyarine

Because you become stronger to do harder raid and dungeon content. You get that gear so you can take down Gul'dan or Kil'Jaeden, not because your goal is to kill bears faster. They're just keeping the open world content relevant.

I don't know about raid, but they made dungeon content harder. Mythic+ scaling was changed with the patch as well.
13 hours now since the last blue post. The community is flaming and the media is starting to write articles.

Silence is really the worst thing they can do right now.
03/28/2017 10:48 PMPosted by Watcher
when everything dies nearly instantly, you spend more time looting corpses than you do making them. You spend an order of magnitude longer traveling to a quest location than you do killing the quest target.

1. Remove manual looting from the game. It doesn't add anything interesting. Just make things appear in my bags.

2. It takes " an order of magnitude longer" to get places because it seems as though every time there is content where you can't fly, your world designers immediately put in as many infuriating cliffs as possible.
03/29/2017 12:59 PMPosted by Kyarine

Tfw bears are stronger than guldan