PSA: Creatures now scale with item level

General Discussion
Prev 1 142 143 144 408 Next
I had been pretty happy with this expansion. Note the past tense.
1) Make feature optional, but only toggleable on/off once per day
2) Amp difficulty of optional feature a bit more
3) Give rewards for using feature
4) ???
5) Profit
I'm late to the party but I really want to point out the lack of patch notes on this change.

Blizzard knew we were going to find out about this but "stealthed" it in anyway. This is ridiculous.

People defending Blizzard have to accept that they did not respect the playerbase enough to create a discussion about this change until after release. Had they tested this on PTR a discussion would have been created in a form that does not effect the live game.

However, this move just SCREAMS the constant criticism the players have had against the Devs. We do not feel heard. We do not feel respected and the Devs are going to do what they want.

This looks like a precedent for the Devs to just "intentionally" change the game at a whim with absolutely no regard to their previous stance on the matter.

Now, very few people are going to believe Dev statements in Q&A's. I can guarantee any statement on flying is now going to be ridiculed entirely. The Players have repeatedly asked for communication and after a period of increased communication we get this. Honestly incredible.
03/29/2017 01:14 PMPosted by Solâire
Definitely feels like a !@#$ty change for casual players who don't gear to raid or do high mythics - makes character progression seem irrelevant. As a healer, I did notice non-elites taking an inordinate amount of time to die.

See, that's the thing. It affects people who do high level raids and mythic+'s more than casual people who consider 860 wq gear to be upgrades.
New patch build just hit my PC

Zero info from Blizzard on what it does.
Well, they've been tweeting on the Warcraft Devs account about inconsequential things, but apparently they are just too busy to send someone over to respond to a thread that got nearly 3,000 replies and got attention from Ars Technica.
With that change going under the radar and with them stating in the past that they would never include ilvl scaling as it defeats the purpose of an MMO, they dealt a heavy blow to their own intergrity. Now no one trust them and the Devs in place. They need to scrap this idea or risk losing hundred thousands of subscribers !
03/29/2017 01:15 PMPosted by Tetilwyn

Same. Was having tons of fun prior to this patch. Not so much anymore. Twenty days left on the account. If this isnt reverted, I'm not coming back.
03/29/2017 01:11 PMPosted by Culin
I think an easier solution for everyone is remove mob scaling, but put in more summonable solo bosses that give a decent repeatable reward, scale to you, and have worldquest appropriate challenging mechanics.
This is actually a REALLY good idea.
Honestly this is the end of mythic raiding no need to lose your keys or struggle completing anymore, just no reason for mythics at all anymore.
03/29/2017 01:17 PMPosted by Kialla
New patch build just hit my PC

Zero info from Blizzard on what it does.

Nerfs Nethershard drop rate.

Yes, I'm dead serious.
It sounds like the sides are pretty clearly defined. Obviously this thread is just a reflection of the users that are willing to brave the wilds that are the General Discussion Forum. Not sure what the rest of the playerbase feels.

I can only say that for me, this is a game-breaker. I've cancelled my sub until I hear that this has been reverted. I have plenty of games in my STEAM library that could use my attention. /shrug.

It's been a good run till now.
I can finally wear my embersilk gown and other RP gear out and about and tackle relevant content while doing so.
03/29/2017 01:17 PMPosted by Kimberlyfox

Same. Was having tons of fun prior to this patch. Not so much anymore. Twenty days left on the account. If this isnt reverted, I'm not coming back.

I haven't come to the wow forums in years. I had no reason since I was enjoying the game.

Key word is was. This change was very noticeable and is frankly unacceptable
03/29/2017 01:17 PMPosted by Shadowkiss
Honestly this is the end of mythic raiding no need to lose your keys or struggle completing anymore, just no reason for mythics at all anymore.

How does WQ difficulty have anything to do with the relevancy of end game dungeons? If anything it makes mythic more relevant since if you want to get AP as a healer its a better way now.
I hope the fix works, as someone who quests as a healer I don't like taking a full minute to kill one damn mob.

It's absolutely insane to me that:

A) You actually thought this was a good change

B)People wouldn't notice.

I mean, c'mon guys, I'm literally wielding a titan watchers armament, I should be able to slam a damn bird into the ground instantly if I so feel like.
03/29/2017 01:03 PMPosted by Bunwick
Before I unsubscribe because mobs are now stronger just because I'm stronger, let me leave you, Blizzard, with this bit of wisdom:

I'm going to go play MA: Andromeda, where I am ALREADY the Pathfinder and can fly wherever I darn well please. Also, the enemies armor doesn't improve just because I upgraded my shotgun.

Yeah, I'm well aware no one will miss me, but I'll love the money I'm saving.
TMW someone thinks the abomination known as Mass Effect: Andromeda is better than WoW...............................
03/29/2017 01:17 PMPosted by Kimberlyfox

Every time a new patch drops, suddenly everyone has less than a month subscription.

How convenient.
I don't like the change but I think some of you need to read Watchers first post.

He acknowledges that they said they weren't going to do it and explains why they decided to do it anyways.

He explains why they didn't put it in the patch notes.

He states they realize removing gear is a fault in the system and are looking into it.

Why do you guys ask for blue posts only to ignore the blue posts?
03/29/2017 12:54 PMPosted by Paprîka

Sha of Anger?

You really want ilevel scaling in past expansions?
Blizzard very likely does. That's the point and the concern.

I want a very modified form of ilvl scaling in past expansions - I sure the heck would prefer that than zone scaling tbh. I suggested earlier a form where it doesn't take 40 people to kill sha of anger but one where he lives for a 1 minute or 2 so that everyone who wants to tag him can. The system right now is just incredibility unfair to massive CRZ groupings and favors tiny ones. Should someone's ability to kill a mob be dependent on what server they made their characters on years before CRZ happened.

CRZ just is causing so many problems in so many areas than they will ruin the game trying to fix the problems rather than just removing it. And since you have so many people complaining about dead servers, etc. removing it may cause a whole bunch of complaints anyway.