PSA: Creatures now scale with item level

General Discussion
Prev 1 145 146 147 408 Next
I am no longer excited to be receive my BiS legendaries, as your patch has told me they're better left in my bags while in the open world.

In the wise words of the Guinness guys,

"Brilliant!"
If they wanted to do this it should have been at the beginning of the expansion not in a patch mid expansion
03/29/2017 01:29 PMPosted by Huatar
I don't mind that level-scaling is a thing. I thought it was a much-needed feature to improve viability of earlier zones.

What I don't appreciate is that mobs are scaling with our item levels. What the hell is the point of us getting better gear if we can't smite our enemies faster with them?

With a different scaling curve, you will still be able to kill them faster without one shotting them after just 1 raid tier.
03/29/2017 01:24 PMPosted by Halestorms
If you damage your credibility as a company, people stop buyin your products. People stop buying your products you go bankrupt. I love Warcraft. Fix this.

Would you stop with the threats. You wonder why Developers stay away from General Discussion and you keep posting offal like that.
Maybe they shouldn't post condescending, banal tripe, then. :)
Ion's credibility, and devs' credibility...are now approaching the lows reached by Wowhead/ZAM admins when they claimed to "fix" the malware/system-crashing issue:

Multiple, repeat-offending lies, followed by worse conditions or new problems being recorded.
If you asked players what the 200 biggest problems with WoW were I can about guarantee you that "World Quest mobs are too easy to kill now that I'm raid geared" wouldn't have made the list. Yet this was a "very real problem" that the devs felt they need to address (in secret, no less).
03/29/2017 01:27 PMPosted by Tempestwinds
03/28/2017 11:30 PMPosted by Watcher

But I did want to lay out what we consider to be the very real problem we're trying to solve here. I also understand that to many folks it doesn't appear to be a real problem at all, and it seems like we're just trying to throw up pointless obstacles.

See THAT right there is an issue itself. You devs are literally wasting time better spent elsewhere crafting solutions to problems that exist only in YOUR minds. All the while actual issues, ones that have been brought to your attention repeatedly, go ignored, brushed under the table or made worse by continued hubris and incompetence.

No one was saying "gosh I think I'm too powerful for world questing, you should make those repetative, boring grinds harder for me." Players are too busy scratching their heads and screaming at their screens over legendaries, the ap fiasco, class balance and other issues to give a sh-it about whether or not grinding takes 5 seconds a mob or 7. The very idea that we players want that is not only laughable but contemptible.

Watcher, please take a moment to think about any future changes you wish to make, then do the exact opposite of whatever it was you were planning.

If Watcher reads ANY one post in here, I pray to God it's this one. Well said!
03/29/2017 01:18 PMPosted by Zarcistirra
03/29/2017 01:17 PMPosted by Kialla
New patch build just hit my PC

Zero info from Blizzard on what it does.

Nerfs Nethershard drop rate.

Yes, I'm dead serious.

wow.... just... wow.

143 pages so far, multiple news outlets picking up on the fact people are pissed, people actively cancelling subscriptions.....

.... and Blizz responds by nerfing one of the way people have to catch up with friends and guildies on gear to participate on the "great new content" they just dropped on us (locked behind timewalls).

did Blizz hire Absor from SOE and we all missed it?
after all this i am actually looking into add-ons to tell me what stats to get on what pieces of gear to make sure every item level increase I get in my gear is actually meaning full and not just empowering my enemies
03/29/2017 01:30 PMPosted by Sepset
that will be that

As is my cancelled sub.
03/29/2017 01:27 PMPosted by Tempestwinds
03/28/2017 11:30 PMPosted by Watcher

But I did want to lay out what we consider to be the very real problem we're trying to solve here. I also understand that to many folks it doesn't appear to be a real problem at all, and it seems like we're just trying to throw up pointless obstacles.

See THAT right there is an issue itself. You devs are literally wasting time better spent elsewhere crafting solutions to problems that exist only in YOUR minds. All the while actual issues, ones that have been brought to your attention repeatedly, go ignored, brushed under the table or made worse by continued hubris and incompetence.

No one was saying "gosh I think I'm too powerful for world questing, you should make those repetative, boring grinds harder for me." Players are too busy scratching their heads and screaming at their screens over legendaries, the ap fiasco, class balance and other issues to give a sh-it about whether or not grinding takes 5 seconds a mob or 7. The very idea that we players want that is not only laughable but contemptible.

Watcher, please take a moment to think about any future changes you wish to make, then do the exact opposite of whatever it was you were planning.

I just had to quote this cus omg, you hit the nail directly on the head dude.
03/29/2017 01:32 PMPosted by Osirus
If you asked players what the 200 biggest problems with WoW were I can about guarantee you that "World Quest mobs are too easy to kill now that I'm raid geared" wouldn't have made the list. Yet this was a "very real problem" that the devs felt they need to address (in secret, no less).
Like I've said earlier, one part of Ion's !@#$posts had some merit - the idea of an undergeared player getting frustrated when a WQ has someone like me stomping through it like godzilla. That's totally fine, and something to actually consider.

A logical fix is not to nerf me, but to increase the availability of mobs until I get done and move on, a technology that we know they have available but didn't use for this issue because ??????
03/29/2017 01:30 PMPosted by Sepset
03/29/2017 01:24 PMPosted by Halestorms
If you damage your credibility as a company, people stop buyin your products. People stop buying your products you go bankrupt. I love Warcraft. Fix this.

Would you stop with the threats. You wonder why Developers stay away from General Discussion and you keep posting offal like that.

03/29/2017 01:24 PMPosted by Kuranna
Apparently not, because to cover up your own failures you're punishing the players.

Do people forget prior expansions like a sudden boughts of amnesia?

Throughout WoD, the common demand was more things to do. Blizzard then creates Mythic Dungeons as an alternative and creating the gear that people expect to be there when they complete them.

The scaling doesn't bother me in the slightest, but you guys are completely over reacting for the sake of the mob mentality.

The scaling was bugged, the mobs are over-tuned, you'll still be able to cleave through most things once the bug is fixed, and that will be that.

We did not ask for more of the same things to do over and over again forever.

We asked for more content.

WQ's are not more content. It is leveling quests renamed into WQ and with a carrot to do it over and over again no matter how boring it is.

I would love NEW content.

I do not want them to make the same old content we have been doing since launch into more of a grind and call that a way to keep it current.

It is boring. It is not new content. Making it take longer does not improve it at all.
03/29/2017 01:32 PMPosted by Supercell
Ion's credibility, and devs' credibility...are now approaching the lows reached by Wowhead/ZAM admins when they claimed to "fix" the malware/system-crashing issue:

Multiple, repeat-offending lies, followed by worse conditions or new problems being recorded.

He had credibility? What was he, a Lawyer or politician? Pretty sure any benefit of the doubt he had is long gone.
The core of this game is literally to build a character that is as strong as possible and you went ahead and made a change to make us feel weaker. Worst design decision you guys have ever had.

I don't want 'challenging' content during my daily routine. When I want challenging content, I raid.
03/28/2017 10:48 PMPosted by Watcher
We'll be looking into making changes to correct this in the very near future.

And by doing this you mean you will make unequipping a gear to remove less health from a mob, right?

I mean, this is a very wrong decision. You shouldn't make the mobs scale along with your gear, otherwise, your progression doesn't mean a thing.

Yes, you should be able to steamroll once you have powerful equipment. That is the sole purpose of having a gear equipped at all. Period.

If your gear doesn't make you more powerful, then what is next, we will have only cosmetic gear and everyone have all the same stats? Because that is what I feel with the direction the game is taking.

If you want Broken Shore content to be more challenging and hard, then make mobs 1-2 level higher than you, make them elite, give them more mechanics, so NOBODY will steamroll (for a while). If is that what you want.

If you are not strong enough, you shouldn't be soloing Broken Shore.
03/29/2017 01:32 PMPosted by Supercell

He's definitely losing credibility.
03/29/2017 01:32 PMPosted by Osirus

They could, you know, fix the leveling difficulty curve that is actually pathetically easy by default even without heirloom gear.

This is some asinine, pretentious !@#$ that exists only to make the developers feel good about themselves.
Absolutely hate ilvl scaling.

I'm not in the slightest bit bothered if someone one-shots a quest mob. THEY COME BACK! If I'm in the area, I'll get a chance to one or two-paws the next mob.

Those freakin' mobs didn't go bust their demonic tails for frustratingly slow incremental ilvl increases. But I did. Every world quest with gear. PvP caches. Emissaries. It mattered to me because I wanted to make world quests less tedious in the long run.

Why does this remind me of "no flying, that's not how you're supposed to have fun"!?

Didn't love character level scaling, but ilvl scaling is over-the-top, rotten-from-the-inside, bad-enough-to-take-my-marbles-home ABYSMALLY AWFUL.