PSA: Creatures now scale with item level

General Discussion
Prev 1 147 148 149 408 Next
I don't think they give a !@#$ anymore. The blue replay was posted late last night probably without consulting the other devs. If they would ve tried to mitigate PR damage they would've came up with a following blue post today . They didn't and all they did was to allow the thread to go over 2k posts. They have numbers we don't and most likely they decided is worth losing some subs and keep the change. They have about 3 more hours to officially answer today and if we don't get anything the ilvl mob scalling will stay with some tuning
03/29/2017 01:30 PMPosted by Sepset
03/29/2017 01:24 PMPosted by Halestorms
If you damage your credibility as a company, people stop buyin your products. People stop buying your products you go bankrupt. I love Warcraft. Fix this.

Would you stop with the threats. You wonder why Developers stay away from General Discussion and you keep posting offal like that.

03/29/2017 01:24 PMPosted by Kuranna
Apparently not, because to cover up your own failures you're punishing the players.

Do people forget prior expansions like a sudden boughts of amnesia?

Throughout WoD, the common demand was more things to do. Blizzard then creates Mythic Dungeons as an alternative and creating the gear that people expect to be there when they complete them.

The scaling doesn't bother me in the slightest, but you guys are completely over reacting for the sake of the mob mentality.

So if there ever was a legitimate problem you'd deem worthy of complaining about and 1000 people did so, would that be mob mentality, too?

People have a !@#$%^- right to voice their concerns. Discrediting them does not help you figure out how to solve or placate the discrepancy.

The thread will grow because lots of people play the game and might speak up about it. I've noticed a fair number of players posting here with 22,000 cheevo points and 8,000 cheevo points, each with 2 or 3 posts. That tells me that, until now, they were perfectly content to avoid the forums and play the game. Only happy customers dont leave feedback -- unhappy customers do.

Need I go on?
03/29/2017 01:39 PMPosted by Jalanili
Adding time =/= adding substance.
Seriously. People have this dogmatic obsession with the false dichotomy that tedium is challenge, when it's not even remotely the same damn thing.
03/29/2017 01:36 PMPosted by Aisylnn
Incoming buried post:

May I ask what is so bad about having more challenging mobs? I didn't really notice a difference when I was doing WQ's last night. Mobs may have taken a 2nd longer to kill than normal but it wasn't game-breaking. Why is everyone so upset? Is it more to do with the lack of communication or the fact that mobs are a bit harder than normal.

I feel like folks are severely overreacting here, even though Watcher said it was being looked into. The only problem I have with this change was the fact that it was not mentioned to us beforehand, which stems back from the fact that Blizzard is still choosing not to communicate effectively.

Nothing is wrong with stronger mobs/enemies, that's why we play the game. But giving old swine that we farm anabolic steroids isn't the way to go to give us "new content."

This game is about PROGRESSION. We get stronger? We find a harder area to play in.
03/29/2017 01:40 PMPosted by Calculine
Incoming buried post:

May I ask what is so bad about having more challenging mobs?
Because I paid my dues when I was freshly 110 and around 790 ilevel and every damn mob on the Isles kicked my !@#$ in?

I'm 890 now. I should be able to kick their %^-* in, but things that I could do effortlessly, like round up eight Libertines in the elite part of Suramar and cleave them to hell, is no longer possible (anything in excess of four kills my Felguard faster than Soul Leech/Health Funnel can keep him going). That's ridiculous. 7.2 was supposed to be about bringing people up to a new, higher baseline of power and having us tackle stronger threats on the Broken Shore. I totally expected Broken Shore content to be rougher than 7.0 content (I was mentally expecting elite Suramar City/Shield's Rest/etc. level mobs, fwiw), but there's no reason why 7.0 content should also get turbo-charged.

Let's say Launch to 2 days ago, you would of went from killing one at a time to 2 at a time and with this new tier of gear, you would get to 3-4 at a time, would you be mad at blizz?
Incoming buried post:

Because we want challenging mobs in content that is appropriate, relevant and actual, and content that is not filler. Raids keep scaling up and up, so trash mobs are the best way we can feel good about our power level in relation to when the expansion started. It's cathartic. When I want challenge I do every other content in the game that already provides it.

When I'm killing mobs I don't want some random wolf, for some inane reason, scale to the item I just got from an Old God or something. I want to use that item against his pitiful soul and overkill it. When I want a challenge I go for whatever else is in the game.

It feels good as !@#$ to one shot those mobs that killed you while you leveled, and to feel like you actually have power over this world now that you've put dozens/hundreds of hours into acquiring your gear.

It's a wonderful sensation that has zero reason to be undermined. Blizzard can put scaling stuff elsewhere if they want (such as Proving Grounds or, hell, Brawler's Guild. I'd even prefer Brawler's Guild to scale with level since that would improve it for bragging rights). No one is gonna feel competitive about killing world trash mobs. They're our gauge for the expansion.

Like I said, it's cathartic.

Also:

03/29/2017 01:39 PMPosted by Jalanili

Adding time =/= adding substance.
03/29/2017 01:31 PMPosted by Aeoliiv
I am no longer excited to be receive my BiS legendaries, as your patch has told me they're better left in my bags while in the open world.

In the wise words of the Guinness guys,

"Brilliant!"

Got a BiS legendary to enhance your power?

The monsters now possess legendary power with which to challenge your legendary upgrade.
03/29/2017 01:40 PMPosted by Hitchens
So, I guess the quest "Greater Power for Greater Threats" is an oxymoron now.

Probably should be something like "Relative power for relative threats".
Incoming buried post:
May I ask what is so bad about having more challenging mobs? I didn't really notice a difference when I was doing WQ's last night. Mobs may have taken a 2nd longer to kill than normal but it wasn't game-breaking. Why is everyone so upset? Is it more to do with the lack of communication or the fact that mobs are a bit harder than normal.

[/quote]

I think its both, taking away the sense of progression is a big change to begin with but doing it without notifying us with PTR available and even releasing a bugged version is a !@#$ed up %^-* up.

WQ was definitely longer for me, mobs that used to have 1 mil hp now has around 2 mil or more. I used to gather 8-12 mobs and aoe them down quickly, but those 12 mobs now kills me... Scaling the mobs in broken shore to be stronger makes sense branded as the "new patch content" but making the rest of the world where the old content is, where we've farmed raids and mythic+ to becoming stronger from, doesn't make sense.

How badly do you want people to quit wow blizz...
Because they are going to stay at that challenge level no matter how much better your gear gets. Your relative power level will never progress.

ilvl scaling for the outer world means gear is 100% irrelevant in any context other than dungeons/raids.

If you don't run that content, then gear is pointless outside of looks, and those looks can be gotten very easily for most of it.

It kneecaps the lifespan of all casual content.
It makes "cool looking gear" the exclusive province of raiders.
It removes progression, and disconnects content difficulty and content rewards.

These are all bad things.
/cut to Broken Isles....

/pan down to a forest setting where a Judgement-Clad Dwarf Paladin is leading a foray against the Satyrs.

Pharsalus: "So remember, there is an "order" to your abilities, but nothing beats a Paladin who can think on his feet."

/AOES 5 Imps into goo...

Young_Paladin_23: "Thank you sir."

Young_Paladin_24: "Yes. It is quite the honor to adventure with the Class Leader."

Young_Paladin_25: "Ashbringer and Judgement. Very 'old school' sir."

Pharsalus: "Thanks all. Had to get out of the house for a bit. Between mom, Garona, and the kids, this is less stressful. Don't tell her that."

* BOOM *

7.2 Drops

Pharsalus: "I feel a disturbance in the Light."

Young_Paladin_22: "Sir. A pack of Wolves approaches."

Pharsalus: "RUN! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!"

Young_Paladin_25: (/huffing and puffing): "Is this some of the 'thinking on your feet' you mentioned sir?"
03/29/2017 01:43 PMPosted by Pretzéls
03/29/2017 01:30 PMPosted by Sepset

Would you stop with the threats. You wonder why Developers stay away from General Discussion and you keep posting offal like that.

Do people forget prior expansions like a sudden boughts of amnesia?

Throughout WoD, the common demand was more things to do. Blizzard then creates Mythic Dungeons as an alternative and creating the gear that people expect to be there when they complete them.

The scaling doesn't bother me in the slightest, but you guys are completely over reacting for the sake of the mob mentality.

So if there ever was a legitimate problem you'd deem worthy of complaining about and 1000 people did so, would that be mob mentality, too?

People have a !@#$%^- right to voice their concerns. Discrediting them does not help you figure out how to solve or placate the discrepancy.

The thread will grow because lots of people play the game and might speak up about it. I've noticed a fair number of players posting here with 22,000 cheevo points and 8,000 cheevo points, each with 2 or 3 posts. That tells me that, until now, they were perfectly content to avoid the forums and play the game. Only happy customers dont leave feedback -- unhappy customers do.

Need I go on?
Exactly ! I am one of them !
This is by far the most idiotic and screwed up change Blizzard has implemented in a long time in WoW. And I have been a fan of the level-scaling. But yes, at some point on your main you should be able to do world content faster than on your alt you're just starting to gear up. The entire point of gearing up is that you get stronger.

And to not include it in the patch notes...seriously, do you think anyone buys that it was anything other than an intent to deceive and hope people didn't notice too much?

Revert it. Now.
Please consider undoing this change until you've come up with a solution that doesn't turn World of Warcraft into Guild Wars 2.

That is a great game if you want progression to be purely cosmetic and actually enjoy being part of a community where everyone is the same powerless noob from level 1 all the way to max level.
NO ONE was complaining about killing world quest content too fast. If anything I should be able to look at a creature (with the head pivot feature) and have it explode when I'm wearing mythic gear. Please revert this crap as soon as possible you liars. Thank you
A colossal !@#$-up just in time for Stormblood.
I really feel like they are actively trying to kill WoW themselves. This is a PR nightmare that could so easily have been fixed with a patch note at least.
i haven't read the whole thread so i'm sure i'm just saying something others have said... but the idea of having mobs scale with level was alright. the idea to scale them with ilvl, is just stupid

there are tons of ways to play this game. some people just pvp, some people are all about raiding with friends, most people have some mix

for people that mostly just goof off and quest and do stuff out in the world, taking away the incentive to get the best gear you can is game-ruining for reasons i shouldn't have to explain

removing this completely is probably the best idea. it is already really wonky how the instant you hit max level, mobs start hitting you much harder than they did at 109.

if anything this effect should be very slight, but nonexistent would be better

kind of like how a massive amount of effort was out into implementing a pvp system that is really complicated and wholly worse than the old system... WoD and Legion have had a lot of big ideas that seemed to involve a huge amount of effort that just sucked fun out of the game, rather than adding anything. this is one of them
03/29/2017 01:25 PMPosted by Tyrandelyn
World of warcraft just updated ! Maybe there is hope that they removed the worst idea ever !

Sure would be nice if they at least acknowledge the 3000+ posts of overwhelmingly negative feedback....
03/29/2017 01:44 PMPosted by Drako
03/29/2017 01:40 PMPosted by Hitchens
So, I guess the quest "Greater Power for Greater Threats" is an oxymoron now.

Probably should be something like "Relative power for relative threats".

And instead of Khadgar assigning the quest, it should be Albert Einstein, with the quest title "Theory of Relativity".