PSA: Creatures now scale with item level

General Discussion
Prev 1 148 149 150 408 Next
03/29/2017 01:43 PMPosted by Stabnslash
Let's say Launch to 2 days ago, you would of went from killing one at a time to 2 at a time and with this new tier of gear, you would get to 3-4 at a time, would you be mad at blizz?
If all that six months of effort and grinding got me was a doubling of my TTK, I probably would've quit long before that six month point, so... yeah, probably?

But again, my supposed power level went up (I had the same exact gear, but went from 49 artifact traits to effectively 54 + 15% more pet damage), and both my average TTK and average number of mobs I can handle at once went down, the latter precipitously. That's asinine, and the justifications given by Ion (waaaah, people are doing their chores too quickly) are even moreso.
[quote="207523279606"]
Let's say Launch to 2 days ago, you would of went from killing one at a time to 2 at a time and with this new tier of gear, you would get to 3-4 at a time, would you be mad at blizz?

No because there's still a sense of progression.

Lets say at launch you went from killing 1-2 mobs at a time and before a new patch you progressed up to killing 10-12. Then after patch you're back down to killing 4-5 at a time. How would you feel about being jibbed like that?
Why don't we ilvl scale the drops? Why do I want to do DAILIES that are 30+ ilvl points BELOW what Im wearing with NO HOPE of it being an upgrade?

We do it for the grind, and you just make the grind harder?

Ion asks people if they've filled their weapon traits, folks go silent. He assumes he's done a good job.

What folks are not saying is that it seems pointless and boring. We get burned out way before we put the 10th point in that last one, and THEN someone has the bright idea to make it take LONGER to kill things? Yeah, as if the grind wasn't boring enough, let's make it take 45 minutes to bust through the emissary for the day instead of 20.

proving grounds,

but i am against this change, 100%. Fix this crap blizz, you screwed up and you know it!

That was not ilvl scaling. That was a flat predetermined cap of player power. Nothing got harder as you gained more gear, it simply locked your gear to a max level.

In Mists it scaled you down to 463. But since Warlords launched and for the last almost three years the difficulty of the mobs scaled up to your ilvl as you gained gear.

And people did remove gear or use high weapons or have a PG set to artificially lower their ilvl to make it easier.
03/29/2017 01:36 PMPosted by Aisylnn
Incoming buried post:

May I ask what is so bad about having more challenging mobs? I didn't really notice a difference when I was doing WQ's last night. Mobs may have taken a 2nd longer to kill than normal but it wasn't game-breaking. Why is everyone so upset? Is it more to do with the lack of communication or the fact that mobs are a bit harder than normal.

I feel like folks are severely overreacting here, even though Watcher said it was being looked into. The only problem I have with this change was the fact that it was not mentioned to us beforehand, which stems back from the fact that Blizzard is still choosing not to communicate effectively.

It depends on what your definition of "effectively" is, really.

I daresay that most peoples' definition would include communicating at all, rather than reneging on something said in recent memory and hoping it'd go unnoticed.

My boyfriend died on his pally yesterday because he pulled a buncha mobs and wasn't expecting to get a train run on him by them. End of the world? No. I laughed at him, in fact.

But we'd both like to be giving our money to a company who doesn't do an end run around the community and have barely any communication when they'd explicitly stated they'd increase it.
As a company you guys have to stop deceiving the public. The fact that you tell us things and then 180 on them makes it appear you're either lying to us on purpose to keep us calm or you're just ignorant.

This entire expansion has seen mass community deception in an unhealthy and frustrating pattern. It is destroying the player base faith in the exceptional product blizzard has become known for.

"If you like your artifact you won't need to change."
"We won't ever make one of your specs powerful enough you'll need to switch."
"Were actively listening to the community about legendaries."
"Mobs will never scale that feels bad to the player."

Tell us hard truths so we can prepare adequately. Stop deliberately misleading us.
03/29/2017 01:46 PMPosted by Thrunn
03/29/2017 01:25 PMPosted by Tyrandelyn
World of warcraft just updated ! Maybe there is hope that they removed the worst idea ever !

Sure would be nice if they at least acknowledge the 3000+ posts of overwhelmingly negative feedback....

They don't have time to pick through and find the ones that aren't threatening them, their careers, or those posts that exaggerate the problem to complete abstraction.
03/29/2017 01:18 PMPosted by Nomaara
I can finally wear my embersilk gown and other RP gear out and about and tackle relevant content while doing so.

@Nomaara Congratulations! You just won the Internet.
294 posts
1 min ago

World of warcraft just updated ! Maybe there is hope that they removed the worst idea ever !

Nope, it was a nerf to Nethershard drops.
For some reason I can't post on my main (haven't been on the forums in ages), so I'm just going to post on this toon because it's what popped up when I logged in. Just adding my voice to the discontent with this patch. To me, it's the straw that broke the camels back. I will be leaving WoW until I feel I can trust the devs. And it isn't just the iLevel scaling that chafes my sack, it's virtually the entire patch.
I don't really mind it. Mobs are still a joke.
Is it really that hard for the developers to find a happy medium between "one-shoting everything and getting bored" and "I'm not even going to bother trying to learn another class because I'll die constantly"? Heck no, I don't want a lazy game where I one-shot everything as soon as I get some LFR gear. But I play games to relax and have fun, not to get stressed because a WQ that I completed easily last week, is now causing me corpse runs.

Also, making me spend more time completing a World Quest doesn't make me feel like I'm being challenged and accomplishing something. I've lost track of how many times I've done the same old Skinning profession WQs. I just want to collect my 12 hides, get my reward of stormscales, and move on. Making it harder for me to kill mobs for the same old WQs, and therefore making the same old WQs take longer, just makes me bored and frustrated.

I was already thinking about taking a break from WoW when my subscription expires in 2 weeks. That seems like an even better idea now.
[quote]

No because there's still a sense of progression.

Lets say at launch you went from killing 1-2 mobs at a time and before a new patch you progressed up to killing 10-12. Then after patch you're back down to killing 4-5 at a time. How would you feel about being jibbed like that?

So if this was implemented at launch and of course without the current bad numbers that make removing gear a benefit, you still would of progressed in power with your character while also not outstripped the content right?
One thing I'd like to add, which is to do with Ion thinking it'd be seamless so people "wouldn't notice."

When was the last time you introduced a new system, or just a big patch and it wasn't plagued with issues?

Highlights of what I've personally experienced since yesterday...

1. Disconnects on landing from flight paths with "Transfer Aborted" and being one or two zones back from the landing point, mid air, but thankfully being able to disengage just before I go splat.

2. LFR Guldan absolutely destroying people for reasons I'm not entirely sure of (damage seems too high and avoidable damage seems to be unavoidable for some.)

3. One warden tower today had both the Alliance and Horde captain spawn at the top of the tower. I appreciated the help from her but yeah, I had to doublecheck to make sure I was in the right spot despite killing numerous Horde mobs on the way up.

And you thought your new ilevel scaling system would go unnoticed, or rather, you thought it wouldn't be broken when you introduced it?

You should probably start playing your own game.
Seriously guys, this is actually great. It cements once and for all what most people in this thread have been thinking, in that the game they loved no longer exists. It died with Arthas on the top of Icecrown, it just took some of us 5 years too long to realize it.

But hey, there are MUCH better games out there to play, hundreds of them. Hell, even if you want to scratch that MMO itch, Kingdoms of Amular or Dragon Age: Inquisition will do that just fine as a substitute. And you know what?? In those games, you'll always get more powerful with better gear. What a concept.
03/29/2017 01:48 PMPosted by Sepset
03/29/2017 01:46 PMPosted by Thrunn

Sure would be nice if they at least acknowledge the 3000+ posts of overwhelmingly negative feedback....

They don't have time to pick through and find the ones that aren't threatening them, their careers, or those posts that exaggerate the problem to complete abstraction.

They don't have to pick through. But they should acknowledge that the undocumented update touching on the very soul of the game has been very poorly received by a vocal percentage of the playing base. It may be a vocal minority or not, but that is beside the point. This is completely self inflicted on the dev team's part. They created a problem to fix an issue that did not exist.
My two 110s are currently sitting just about 870, and so I'm not having any big problems right now as the scaling isn't too heavy for me... yet.

However as I see people with much higher I-levels having more severe trouble, it doesn't really make me feel like I should bother increasing my gear level any more right now, as it apparently may make questing harder.

That seems a bit counter to the purpose of playing the game to get stronger.. doesn't it? It's a lot about perception, and right now the perception seems to be strongly negative.
03/29/2017 01:49 PMPosted by Larani
294 posts
1 min ago

Nope, it was a nerf to Nethershard drops.
I am sad :( Please Blizzard stop this nonsense It's breaking my heart I love this game too much what have you done to it !
03/29/2017 01:46 PMPosted by Chijou
This is a PR nightmare

And with as many media sites that are covering it, Blizzard is going to have to do some mighty careful PR in return to deal with it.
I was confused as to why my 880 alts were struggling, I was SO pumped for 7.2, only to be let down so hard. What is happening to the devs ahhhhh