PSA: Creatures now scale with item level

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 408 Next
There's three design aspects that made WoW a great game:

- freedom of movement in an open world
- freedom to choose content based on play style
- character power progression

What's the opposite of these three design concepts?

- lack of freedom of movement in an open world
- forced content against preferred play style
- lack of character power progression

They've already limited the first one (freedom of movement) and have fully implemented the second (forced content). I really hope this is merely a bug with regards to character progression or we have some serious design issues going forward.
I can see the world scaling up when the patch goes live, with the rest of the content. But not constantly with your gear.

The only thing that could make this current situation suitable, would be if it had a diminishing returns, so that you can still eventually overpower it.

Even then, that probably wouldn't be a very popular idea.
Blizzard doesnt care that all of you are unhappy.
03/28/2017 06:05 PMPosted by Dopameane
Take off gear to get your avg ilvl down to 820 and try to kill it - time yourself without CDs and kill it at 875 with and see what the difference is. Again, not an argument for, but just something to consider.

It's something to consider, sure... but not for very long. Dropping my main from 901->844 involves taking off 1 ring, and cuts enemy health by nearly a third.

I can assure you, no ring is going to give me 50% bonus damage. For geared folks, it's unquestionably better to shed some gear to quest now.
So... what's the point in gearing up now?
WOW so for being lazy and not getting my ilvl up all this expac makes me stronger than those of you that worked your butts off? haha score

I wonder how many whales will be left to buy tokens to sell me though. This could have a down side.
03/28/2017 06:10 PMPosted by Khu
WOW so for being lazy and not getting my ilvl up all this exp makes me stronger than those of you that worked your butts off? haha score
Still no.
03/28/2017 06:08 PMPosted by Bhanss

It's something to consider, sure... but not for very long. Dropping my main from 901->844 involves taking off 1 ring, and cuts enemy health by nearly a third.

I can assure you, no ring is going to give me 50% bonus damage. For geared folks, it's unquestionably better to shed some gear to quest now.

And if that is indeed the case, I hope they would be smart enough to realize it and correct it. I wouldn't want my community being incentivized to do that.
I guess they felt gear treadmill wasn't an accurate enough label before so it was easier to change the game systems.
lol

GG Blizzard? Keep this bumped, guys. Don't let them sweep it under the rug.
Based on how many bugs are going on I'm going to assume this is one of them until told otherwise.
What is this? Are you saying I can no longer go charging rawrrr kitty style with me flying paws on multiple mobs now?

/sob
03/28/2017 05:38 PMPosted by Gk
Anyone remember the awful game Oblivion?

Awful? AWFUL??????!!!!!!!! Blasphemy.
1) You're going to have to use Twitter to get a GM/dev's attention. They don't do forums.

2) Even the "normal" level scaling gets old after a while. Some kind of aggro radius reduction (based on AP or whatever) when at max level would have been nice. Having to fight through random crap just to gather herbs was annoying, but at least I could kill things quickly with a little gear.

Now, not so much.

It's very logout-inducing.
03/28/2017 06:16 PMPosted by Baconator
Awful? AWFUL??????!!!!!!!! Blasphemy.

Let's be real here, the only saving grace of that game were the expansions and unlimited mod support.
Clearly somebody is trying to outdo Mass Defect: Andromeduh.

In a related note, I had the entire Kirin Tor council walking on air 500 feet over Dalaran just now. All we need is really bad facial animations and the circle will be complete.
The perk of getting raid gear was to mow down boring open world mobs. Now I'll just avoid WQs even more.
As I said, I really hope it's a bug and not a stealth change introduced into 7.2 without telling anyone (to tell the truth, I have a bad feeling about this - I darn hope I'm wrong). That's simply not done, and would instantly destroy my renewed faith in this game and its devs.
I may be a "white knight", but my white knighting has to be earned.
I SERIOUSLY hope it's a bug. I'm afraid to world quest in my tank spec now because everything takes far longer to kill, and I'd never get anything done/wear out my wrist before I kill a rare.

It's a fair deal frustrating. Does my 893 not even matter, now? I almost feel like my fresh 110 would get more bang for his buck.