PSA: Creatures now scale with item level

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 408 Next
Healers and Tanks....they're in for a rough time if this isn't a bug.
Ok, so a more serious rebuttal here.

This change, if intended, outright removes any incentive for open world players to bother with their Ilvl, which is like 90% of the game design at this point. So I go collect a few toys and xmog, and shelve the game? Seems silly.
03/28/2017 05:37 PMPosted by Holyterror
Seems like blizzard devs are suffering from sudden onset retardation.

Sudden???
Oh goody, and I was just about to take my squishy Shaman down to the Broken Isles.

Think I'll save the repair bills and just bench him until I can fly (god knows how long that's gonna take).
03/28/2017 06:28 PMPosted by Delynadrio
Oh goody, and I was just about to take my squishy Shaman down to the Broken Isles.

Think I'll save the repair bills and just bench him until I can fly (god knows how long that's gonna take).

Holy crap, could this be our punishment for unlocking flying? I didn't think about that until you mentioned flying, but wouldn't that just take the cake.
Haven't been able to hop into the new patch yet.
But I have been hearing murmurings about this ilvl based scaling... I dislike what I am hearing.
I really, dislike what I am hearing.
All I can say is thank goodness this is finally getting the attention it should.

I couldn't believe it when no one seemed to care about this on the PTR, I was outraged at this change!

Please let all this negative attention make blizz realise how terrible this design is.

When we got scaling (which by the way I didn't want) the one consolation was that we would be able to up our ilvl to the point that it "made scaling trivial" as so many kept defending scaling. Now to those defenders of scaling what have you got to say for yourselves? Exactly what I was fearful of happening, has happened.
03/28/2017 06:31 PMPosted by Katylee

Holy crap, could this be our punishment for unlocking flying? I didn't think about that until you mentioned flying, but wouldn't that just take the cake.

I was thinking the same thing.
03/28/2017 05:17 PMPosted by Lanthier
Yeah, world scaling in RPGs is never a good idea. The more gear we get, we can actually feel weaker now in certain circumstances.

What game are yall playing? I quested as Blood and felt like a God. I also switched to Unholy because Kil'jaden's Burning Wish dropped and was still annihilating all in my path.

Not sure what the complaints are. Out of stuff to cry about?
Unequip one or two low-impact items to bring yourself below 840 ilvl.
03/28/2017 05:30 PMPosted by Fixxill
Fix Blizzard, if I'm not gonna feel stronger I won't try to get new get, get bored, and quit.

Does that really seem like a good idea? People have been asking to fix 1-90 questing, not current content. Jeez. This would have been perfect for that.

Most people don't want that either.
This takes away any feeling of progression on a character. Unless this is a bug what's the point of gear if everything scales with you? Its terrible.
03/28/2017 06:09 PMPosted by Pouncey
So... what's the point in gearing up now?

If it's not a bug (and I have such a bad feeling...), none.
yeah so what is up with this? @Blizzard please reply so we know if we're wasting our time sticking around, or if we should be finding a new game to play....
Hopefully a bug. A bug that will be fixed today.

...hopefully
03/28/2017 06:38 PMPosted by Victor
03/28/2017 05:17 PMPosted by Lanthier
Yeah, world scaling in RPGs is never a good idea. The more gear we get, we can actually feel weaker now in certain circumstances.

What game are yall playing? I quested as Blood and felt like a God. I also switched to Unholy because Kil'jaden's Burning Wish dropped and was still annihilating all in my path.

Not sure what the complaints are. Out of stuff to cry about?

You're a death knight, the class that's been able to solo raid bosses in the same expansion they're released. Of course it won't be as tough on you. Not the same for other classes (elemental shaman, for example).
If this is true im really unhappy about it
03/28/2017 06:31 PMPosted by Katylee

I was thinking that when I first saw the thread, they've decided to make suffer since we will be able to fly soon.
Although I disagree with Blizz's method of dealing with this, you have to agree that we were already getting too powerful. Every dungeon is a fast run, even just two days into 110. I remember I went from 817 to 845 in one evening. Blizz had to make content relevant for just a bit longer. It's only been what? 6 months? But yeah, scaling with ilevel was not the way to go, that I agree on. There's no character progression anymore.
If it was on PTR then I doubt it was a bug. This dev team has made and stuck with some seriously poor design decisions, and there's no reason to believe that they will change this anytime soon. I just wish I had known about this before I burned a token to renew my sub.