PSA: Creatures now scale with item level

General Discussion
Prev 1 75 76 77 408 Next
03/29/2017 04:20 AMPosted by Shukuchi
03/29/2017 04:18 AMPosted by Ameghan

This is parody, right?

Dude, shut the hell up you're wrong and you're just being a white knight blizzard defender at this point

Not a "dude". And no. My opinion is not wrong, it's my opinion. You don't get to tell me what my opinion should be. You also don't get to shut me up. Live with it.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

The level 101 who is too big of a ***** to post on his main has spoken!

The level 110 who has no argument calling out his opponents levels is still making a fool of himself.

Oh by all means, post on your main, you have the achievement for level 110 got it back in August I see! Go ahead, show me up kid.
03/29/2017 04:25 AMPosted by Maldonix
03/29/2017 04:07 AMPosted by Ràger
I thought so. I put all of you in your place with logic.

You will still scale with better gear, it will just not be as much as it is now.

All this talk of..Gear won't matter is stupid.

Even in an asymmetrical scaling scenario, what is the point of awarding players 5% better gear and then having the mobs scale up 2% in response? Just award players 3% better gear instead, leave the mobs exactly as they are, and call it a day.

The point is that WQ are not the only content in game and, afaik, raids, dungeons and pvp do not have the same scaling implemented on them
What bothers me is the lack of transparency especially after they said this would never happen. Why the secrecy? Blizzard should know by now their player base will notice even the slightest change in anything they add to the game. I hope it's a bug but I tend to believe this is not the case. 0
03/29/2017 04:27 AMPosted by Ameghan
03/29/2017 04:20 AMPosted by Shukuchi

Dude, shut the hell up you're wrong and you're just being a white knight blizzard defender at this point

Not a "dude". And no. My opinion is not wrong, it's my opinion. You don't get to tell me what my opinion should be. You also don't get to shut me up. Live with it.

Oh sorry, I should really learn not to call a b**** a dude.

Your opinion is still wrong by the way.
03/29/2017 04:25 AMPosted by Maldonix
Even in an asymmetrical scaling scenario, what is the point of awarding players 5% better gear and then having the mobs scale up 2% in response? Just award players 3% better gear instead, leave the mobs exactly as they are, and call it a day.

I don't think it's factoring in things like tier sets, enchants, gems, etc.

They already omitted the current iteration is bugged, but what I expect their intention was is to balance the mobs so players aren't ignore mechanics through sheer dps.

You'd still be cleaning up mobs pretty well, however, it's not super easy, like clearing Molten Core in your ilvl 900 gear.

Wrong. You believe the wrong thing and think the wrong thing
Wow so now we basically never get powerful. We no longer get that feeling of man remember when these mobs were hard? look how strong I got! HULK SMASH!

Are they trying to kill the game? Its already bad enough the infinite rep grind turned wow into an 80 hour a week job
All of the good, honest, MMO-driven developers have left and all we are left with is Mobile Game Hazzikostas and his army of tablet playing corporate drones.

This game used to be considered the de facto best MMORPG by millions of people and now it's not even an MMORPG.

You have abused this IP for over 5 years, driving people to the breaking point to move it to your new perceived direction which appeals to the more casual mobile gaming market. It's obvious in every move you make.

I'm not this, your audience is not this. You !@#$ed up.

Goodbye forever. Holy %^-*.
03/29/2017 04:30 AMPosted by Chi
Wow so now we basically never get powerful. We no longer get that feeling of man remember when these mobs were hard? look how strong I got! HULK SMASH!

Are they trying to kill the game? Its already bad enough the infinite rep grind turned wow into an 80 hour a week job

It's okay, the level 2s and level 101s in this thread are telling you that this is natural.
Two things.

First, put it in the patch notes. No, you are not going to sneak it past millions of us. That isn't the point and shouldn't be the threshold. This is a HUGE change and goes flatly against what you've publicly stated prior. Both have some balls and show some respect. Put it in the notes.

Second, this is the type of change that once again proves that at a fundamental Blizzard really doesn't understand its player base. I realize that is a sweeping statement. It is also correct. I'll just leave it at that.
03/29/2017 04:28 AMPosted by Shukuchi

Lols. Ok, now I just feel sad for you.

I'm out of this thread now. I seriously hope Blizzard doesn't remove a good change because of the overreacting in this thread.
03/29/2017 04:30 AMPosted by Shukuchi

It's okay, the level 2s and level 101s in this thread are telling you that this is natural.

No, we're telling you it's not the end of the world and to stop throwing your toys out the pram.
Wondered why I was getting rocked by the mobs at the warden towers when I usually have a pretty easy time of it.

Guess that explains it.

This is a poor change and the fact that Blizzard chose not to communicate it ahead of time is very telling.

Stop acting like you can't get more powerful with better gear, that is just not true in this context...
03/29/2017 04:31 AMPosted by Ameghan
03/29/2017 04:28 AMPosted by Shukuchi

I'm out of this thread now. I seriously hope Blizzard doesn't remove a good change because of the overreacting in this thread.

I understand. Looking at the blue response here and lactating on your computer monitor can take some time.
Increase in passives, paragon systems, level scaling it's all hallmarks of laziness, something easy to manage because all they have to do is adjust flat figures.

People put in the effort to get into their god gear, they deserve that period of 1 shotting mobs. That's progression, that's role playing. That's why we have raids for those who want their gear to be pressure more.

Even still, at least run by gigantic change to your playerbase before you add it in, that's what bother me the most.

I don't want to play 200 hours go back to my town and find that bum bandit now has full mithril armor and a dragon sword from out of nowhere. I want all my loot grinding and power grinding to actual feel like I've grown. I mean why are we even having to remind Blizzard this? It's such a basic aspect of RPGs.
What bothers me is the lack of transparency especially after they said this would never happen. Why the secrecy? Blizzard should know by now their player base will notice even the slightest change in anything they add to the game. I hope it's a bug but I tend to believe this is not the case. 0,What bothers me is the lack of transparency especially after they said this would never happen. Why the secrecy? Blizzard should know by now their player base will notice even the slightest change in anything they add to the game. I hope it's a bug but I tend to believe this is not the case.
03/29/2017 04:33 AMPosted by Shukuchi
03/29/2017 04:31 AMPosted by Ameghan

I understand. Looking at the blue response here and lactating on your computer monitor can take some time.

Why so mad, mom not bring your tendies?

If you're this upset over a game, maybe you should go outside.
03/29/2017 04:31 AMPosted by Sepset

No, we're telling you it's not the end of the world and to stop throwing your toys out the pram.

So your having a cry because people are calling blizzard out over a bad game design choice. And your telling us to just suck it up... Get over ur self, ur a 1% white knight that thinks the larger % should just suck it up because u think blizzard might make u a green/blue.