Nethershard farming already nerfed.

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
Even the non elites are garbage for farming, now. It seems like killing more than one at a time results in lowered drop rates, and killing too many reduces the drop rate to zero in only a few minutes...

Definitely making me think about finding a new game. FF14 seems to be getting a lot of love on the WoW forums right now, maybe I'll look into it.
The one thing in this patch that I was looking forward to so that I can catch up to my guild-mates is completely dead. I'm not on a time frame where I can wait weeks to buy one piece. With current drop rate of shard in this zone it is going to take me forever.

I was able to farm this spot long enough to buy one gear token, it gave me something I already have and at a lower ilvl. Completely worthless and after that experience even if the drop rate was buffed back up again I would be very hesitant to put any more time into it. My time was not well spent, nothing I have been FORCED TO DO this entire expansion has been time well spent.
03/29/2017 04:52 PMPosted by Tanilion
Even the non elites are garbage for farming, now. It seems like killing more than one at a time results in lowered drop rates, and killing too many reduces the drop rate to zero in only a few minutes...

Definitely making me think about finding a new game. FF14 seems to be getting a lot of love on the WoW forums right now, maybe I'll look into it.

Exactly my thoughts. I mean seriously? a new island with 4 quest all rewarding 90 gold each? have you lost your freaking mind blizzard? 15 dollars a month from 10 million people (+ over priced micro transaction services) and this is all you have to show for it? There's no way in hell you are struggling to make content bringing in that amount of money. You're intentionally screwing over your consumers and that's beyond low. This entire situation is sad.

Adding 10 members to your design team to develop original content for this zone would've made this patch less of a flop.
Blizzard: "here's a catch up and legendary targeting fix"
Player: "sweet"
Begins to grind as intended
Blizzard: "SH-T he's catching up and targeting legendary, NERF IT WE NEED TO DRAG THE CARROT LONGER"
I got 4 hours worth of content from doing the main questline and grinding on two characters. If that is all the content I get on the first two days of the patch, i will run out of content within the next 3 days that isn't mindless grinding. I've also already started leveling random alts, as the max lvl content is too scarce. When one of the largest patches in the games history comes out, I shouldn't have to make new characters in order to actually enjoy the game.
You want us to be able to get these !@#$ing shards, but when you can't grind them with any form of ease, what's the %^-*ing point, I guess I will just go grind AP until I can actually get shards, why not just release the whole patch and not make us wait, we want new content now. Now all 15 minutes of it.
I absolutely knew they were going to nerf the ToS spawns. You guys knew it too. That was not "working as intended". It was a lot of fun while it lasted. I don't mind that the real nethershard farming spot, the Sentinax, has a lower drop rate than the elites they just nerfed. But the drop rate under Sentinax right now is just ridiculous.

The amount of effort of building a group of five and stacking up pile after pile of Legion enemies to loot and get 7 Nethershards for it? You cannot tell me that Blizzard thinks this is enjoyable, or even worth their players' time. We were getting 70-100 shards per pack of enemies, why can't you meet us halfway?
03/29/2017 12:02 PMPosted by Views
03/29/2017 11:54 AMPosted by Rhardunk
Blizzard: "You have to grind in this game"

*finds a way to grind

Blizzard: "NO NOT THAT WAY!!!"

Won't be surprised if they make you have a nethershard weekly cap.
Don't give them ideas...
I agree... The nerf is stupid.

We have maybe 5 wq a day at most all day and then you are left bored

Waste of time to try to farm now when you get maybe 400 or less an hour..

Seems fun.... GG blizz.

Funsuckers
The only thing i can think of is maybe somethings coming to give us a !@#$ load of shards, but man this like 300-400 an hour is retarded.
03/29/2017 11:49 AMPosted by Dliver
Fun was detected.

They do have interesting priorities in what their programmers are rushed in to fix.

No kidding. This reminds me of back in BC when there was a npc near Zul'Aman that would give you a Mojo pet if you blew a kiss at him. It was inadvertently left that way from PTR. Word of mouth of course, and soon lots of people were headed up there to get their frog.

Blizzard immediately applied a hotfix and rebooted all the servers with no notice during US prime time while most people were in raid. They did this for a stupid cosmetic item, but never for any number of game breaking bugs over the years.

It's always been clear where their priorities were but at least they seemed to have an understanding that player goodwill was necessary for success and the pettier game management decisions were limited. Not so much anymore.

They also seem to base their decisions on their own internal metrics, but it's so easy to be deluded by statistics or indulge in wishful thinking. Are there droves of players doing a certain thing in game because they really love it and its fun, or do they really hate it but want the reward attached to it? For the devs, the latter seems to be enough. Or exit polls. It's been said the reason for cancelling a subscription that's most prevalent is no longer having time. That can be a very subjective answer. Does the player literally not have enough time, or has the game deteriorated to the point that it's no longer worth it to continue?
03/29/2017 12:39 PMPosted by Bëartron
03/29/2017 12:33 PMPosted by Archanfel
So according to you guys. Fun = Exploiting something that was unintended?

Farming at a reasonable rate is now exploiting? LOL. Its almost as if the developers are intentionally trying to kill this game.

You know, maybe just once in a while they could actually tune the rewards on the time and effort required. Oh, wait... they think our time is valueless.
Probably because high geared people can 1shot stuff again. They are afraid those people will exploit something. Suxs for everyone though.
Well, I know something I wont bother with... nethershards. No thanks blizz, you can keep em. Not farming anymore AP either. Not interested in farming supplies for a building that will be destroyed in a few days, then I'll have to start over farming supplies again to build it again etc. Nope. Not chasing anymore carrots, shove your carrots. As of right now there is nothing left for me to do in 7.2 because it's nothing but a carrot run.
sucks doing sentinax farming, getting a portal stone and getting a whole 5 shards for an entire group kill. Killing more than one mob gives the same amount of shards if you just killed one at a time
its not worth farming shards atm. wont even get 5000k shards in 24 hours of farming with tag limits, drop rate and pets/followers/faction. just not worth the time. well might aswell unsub again. got to stop wasting 15$ a month.
03/29/2017 11:48 AMPosted by Synk
Fun detected, fun nerfed. Just another day in WoW.

Grinding endlessly for shards is fun?
03/29/2017 12:33 PMPosted by Archanfel
So according to you guys. Fun = Exploiting something that was unintended?

There was no exploit lol
There was no bypassing of mechanics, no duping, no bug nothing
4k per hour is really bad anyways so why nerf??

I have been just waiting for world quests to spawn lol, that bad it is unlike tanaan where i could alteast farm apexis reasonably even when i was out of dailies.
Over here 12 nether-shards after i kill all the mobs from the blue nether portal, seriously??
its a useless currency anyway , nothing helpful to buy from it
03/30/2017 03:22 AMPosted by Spongebobt
its a useless currency anyway , nothing helpful to buy from it

The relinquished tokens (that cost 5k) roll 880 I believe. They could be a huge upgrade to you, and many other people.