Mage tower challenge = literally impossible

General Discussion
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 Next
04/04/2017 11:38 AMPosted by Rangewalker
04/03/2017 08:14 AMPosted by Direstrife
on BM hunter...i pretty much walk in and die

My buddy got it done yesterday.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/133306037

I also finished mine yesterday. Just have to be creative with how you use your abilities/pet abilities at your disposal and play well.

Or, have Shaladrassils. That works too.
I'm still trying to figure out how I can damage Sigryn or any of her 2 acolytes when I literally need to walk around constantly to dodge those DAMNED AXES (they drive me insane, you have no idea). It doesn't even look like they have a pattern.

Axe be like : I'm spinning towards you... Nope nevermind.
Axe #2 : Oh hey there don't mind if I ... BANG 500-600K damage sorry.
Axe #3 Watch out i'm coming! *dodge*

And then there's Sigryn that comes out of Poly eventually. Then the circles, then the health, then the running angry guy, then Sigryn, then the circles, than the shield+aoe from the caster, then the circles, then the bladestorm, then the axes + valkyr and Sigryn trying to morph. And then all of those events at the same time.

Hell, even if I stick to the mechanics I can BARELY dodge them all. Then again one of the mobs is on me at that point and is attacking me. I swear you need Prydaz and the legendary mage chest piece to actually survive this (You have 3 shields with those two legendaries, basically). I don't know, I'm probably wrong on the whole thing ... this is a fight where you NEED to move but your class NEEDS to stay still to attack... Am I missing something or is this just a very ridiculous fight for casters? I'm not saying this needs a nerf, but don't say it's not absurd. lol
It takes a lot of work to beat the mage tower. I can promise you that gear alone will not carry you until maybe heroic ToS and you are 920-930. At 906 ilvl and 42 traits the healer challenge gave me a difficult run and I typically parse in the 90's in heroic NH.

I do have one pet peeve with the mage tower. Why does the healer challenge have so many stages compared to most of the dps ones? The healer challenge start to finish takes nearly 20 minutes and if you screw up its back to stage 1 again. Although I'm sure its difficult I see a lot of dps filnishing theirs in an average of 5 to 8 minutes but almost always less than 10. I just got done watching a dps finish their entire challenge on youtube in less time than it took me to complete just stage 1 on the healer challenge. Don't get me wrong I'm happy to have finished it but stage 1 is a major bottleneck on the healer challenge then stage 5 is not exactly a cake walk either. Just seems a bit unbalanced that if a healer fails nearly 20 minutes into their challenge they have to restart at stage 1 meanwhile the entire dps challenge takes about 1/3rd the time. The healer challenge could have been stage 1 (since its the most difficult and bottleneck.. its the place I find most healers just giving up due to its difficulty) and a final stage such as the boss battle and still would have taken longer than the average dps challenge. I see way more dps running around with their weapons compared to healers and tanks perhaps this says something. Again not saying it's easy but likely much easier compared to the others. So far I have seen 1 other healer in my class hall with the challange done, 0 tanks and lost count of how many dps.

Is it the same person that created all the challenges? I can't imagine the same person working on all the challenges thinking its ok for the healer challenge to take nearly 20 minutes but the dps ones being able to be finished in 5. Wiping at stage 5 on the healer challenge is so rough it crossed my mind multiple times to just give up because I didn't feel like going through all the stages again. I think once I saw the boss fight took maybe 2 or 3 wipes on him. Wiping on him is the worst knowing that you have to redo that entire run which is about 20 minutes and getting passed stage 1 is never easy.
04/03/2017 02:11 AMPosted by Saêvis
04/03/2017 02:07 AMPosted by Caligreen
At least 4 people have done it, a ret , a rogue, 2 aff locks

The Ret one is considerably easier then all the others, there are like 10 people at the mage tower that have the new Ret sword, and a lot of streamers already have it as well... but when an Enh shaman tries to do it? nah, and there is one feral who has done the Feral one but that requires a specific legendary and he has 913 gear.

I was doing NH with a feral that had the new skin. Everyone was freaking out about how cool it was. He was one of the most geared ppl I've ever seen.
04/03/2017 10:46 AMPosted by Unubi
Its just a other cheap design by blizzard, the forums / reaction from the MAJORITY of the player base speaks for itself.

The forums are not a representation of the majority of WoW players. People really need to stop thinking that the echo chamber that is GD (and most WoW forums) is some how representative of the masses and not just a vocal minority.
Why the DH trap is not one minute as it is? Why is there DR or a challenge??? If this is pvp let me use pvp talents LMFAO this challenge is ridiculous. ... Phrase 2 is random each time. ...
I got it in about 25 attempts. Not so bad if you know exactly when to use cds/drums. There r some good youtube guides for Hpallys
About to give the Guardian one an attempt. Have not really been to interested in it thus far. But I figure I should try it. Any tips from people who have completed it?

Luffa/Legs (Leggos)
2 x Thrash 1 x Frenzied (Relic)
Vers/Agi Stat Stick
Mythic Bloodthirsty Instinct

Would a setup like this work?
04/20/2017 02:14 AMPosted by Getwasted
Why the DH trap is not one minute as it is? Why is there DR or a challenge??? If this is pvp let me use pvp talents LMFAO this challenge is ridiculous. ... Phrase 2 is random each time. ...

There has always been DR in PvE.
There's a few videos of fire mages doing it, it's definitely not impossible
I'm not even going to attempt as Arms until I am at least 900 ilvl. I'm only 889 now and don't have enough artifact traits.
I wish they would scale this encounter, so it's difficult, rather than gear dependent. I remember completing the green fire quest early on in MoP, and then going back in heroic/mythic SoO gear and blasting through it in less than 20 seconds.

I want this encounter to be and stay difficult, but I want to be able to do it now, as well as later, at comparable levels of difficulty. :/
04/03/2017 01:55 AMPosted by Pyromaniàc
Read the title. I am a 910 Fire mage and the boss is literally not killable. I get it to 50% before she shields and I run out of self heals/cc

IDK what kind of joke this is but im so happy we spent days getting the mage tower for nothing..

Blizz nerf it now

I have seen a few fire mages lower ilvl than 910 that have it, get gud.

God forbid blizz makes content that isn't faceroll. Go cry somewhere else.

I want this challenge to be and stay difficult, but I want to be able to do it now, as well as later, at comparable levels of difficulty. :/

"I want to have my cake and eat it, too!"
half of general forums: "I am class X with gs Y and it's literally impossible!, completely based on gear!"
next post "I'm also class X with lower gs and I completed it"

hmmmmmm

not to say gear doesn't matter, or that some classes aren't harder, but to say there's no skill involved is funny

"but I can get higher gear and then it's easy, therefore skill doesn't matter"

04/25/2017 07:15 AMPosted by Scarsdruid
About to give the Guardian one an attempt. Have not really been to interested in it thus far. But I figure I should try it. Any tips from people who have completed it?

Luffa/Legs (Leggos)
2 x Thrash 1 x Frenzied (Relic)
Vers/Agi Stat Stick
Mythic Bloodthirsty Instinct

Would a setup like this work?

With your gear you should have no issues beating it. Especially with luffa,legs, and 2 thrash relics.

Phase 1 is just add management:
-Kill nether fiends when they spawn. I don't normally have to interrupt them with cap roar so I think with luffa and 10 ilvls on me you should have no issue killing them before they cast.
-Infernals will give the biggest issue in this phase. They need to be kited and watched. Their damage is negligible but if you dont watch them they will punt you off the platform. They respawn and occasionally the moment they respawn they will just punt you off with no indication of using the ability. I normally just give myself a good distance between them when they respawn as to avoid an irritating death.
-The eyes all you have to do is moonfire them with a GG proc and they die. If they don't die from the initial hit the dot will kill it. They will knock you off the platform if you do not look at them. They don't survive long enough to kick you off generally but some times I will keep an eye alive so I can shoot myself to the other side of the platform to grab an orb that's farther away.
-Variss you just have to interrupt when he casts the drain life. Put him on focus and interrupt when he goes to cast drain life. Otherwise just sit on the edge of the circle spamming swipe, and thrash. He will eventually die and then you get into phase 2.

The most important part of phase 1 is not the adds but knowing which orbs spawn where, because they despawn and you shouldn't be using them as they spawn. You want to have a backlog of orbs going into phase 2 (1 or 2 will suffice but I find i'm going in with 3 which makes things difficult when I lose track of the order).

Phase 2 still has nether fiends and infernals but kruul has a couple mechanics which any of the 3 will result in a wipe if not dealt with. They are all cast in the same order.
-His first mechanic is twisted reflections which you have to interrupt. Should you fail to do so he will heal off of auto attacks and any auto attack will result in a wipe. He heals for far too much and the dps check is already very tight.
-His second mechanic is a leap which has no cast time, or indicator. It slows when he lands and it deals a massive amount of damage. You want to place these on the outer part of the platform so you don't have it on your orbs or in the way whilst you are kiting. You can interrupt it with cap roar, or you can run out of it with stampede.
-His third mechanic is what makes the fight such a tight dps check. He will cast annihilate every 30 seconds which deals an increasing amount of damage. The orb backlog is what will make surviving this a little bit easier. For the first strike you will want to be full health, but not to use any cd's to mitigate it. Ironfur is all you will need. Second annihilate i use barkskin and ironfur. third I use my first survival instincts, then fourth I use survival instincts and RoTS. I normally don't survive after this point with cd's because I don't have the gear to do so. My best attempt has been 6-7m when the tower was last up so I assume better defensives line up will probably save the day should I do it when its next up.
04/25/2017 07:33 AMPosted by Vaix

I want this challenge to be and stay difficult, but I want to be able to do it now, as well as later, at comparable levels of difficulty. :/

"I want to have my cake and eat it, too!"

How is that having my cake and eating it too? I want a difficult encounter based on skill/practice, rather than gear. There's no reason not to scale these kinds of things, so that they remain engaging and challenging across ilvls, while not preventing players from completing it at lower ilvls.
903 enhance shaman: tried 10 times, but only got 2 of them to 80% before cc's and my ONE defensive were on CD which ended it. I didn't have fun theory crafting because it made no difference what i did. Still ran out of CD's ~80% HP everytime, if not sooner. I imagine this takes heavy cleave damage to kill 3 mobs with 250mill HP a piece. Maybe i need the chest or belt leggo to do this? I have the other 8 enhance leggos atm and had no change in survivalbility when switching up the combo. This challenge is unforgiving and wasn't enjoyable to try. Unfortunately this isn't worth my time trying when the reward is rendered pixels. I'd probably try harder if they gave a chunk of AP instead. Oh well, more content to forget about :)
ilvl 901 and just killed it as a fire mage gg