[Guide] Quick and Dirty Holy Challenge

Priest
Healer Challenge Appearance Guide - Holy Priest POV (Mistweavers, Healadins, Resto Shamans and Druids will get value out of this too - just translate your own abilities).

You will need to DPS. You will need CC. Put Shackle Undead on your toolbars friends. It's gonna get hectic!

Talent Setup
Trail of Light - really is the best talent here
Perserverance - a small 10% mitigation is good for the Warriors in P1.
Censure - MVP
Light of the Naaru - No other choice
Surge of Light - Better than binding heal - insta-Flash Heals are so good
Divinity - No other choice
Apotheosis - Required

Gearing
909 Equipped w/4 set (Drape of Shame shared cape slot so could not use both sadly)
Prydaz
Velen's Future Sight
Muze's Unwavering Will
Int/Mastery trinket
Int/Haste trinket
I have a 900 Preserved Cake but its not great for this.
42 Traits in weapon (Seriously the new traits are so important for this)

Consumables
Flask of the Whispered Pact
Potions of Prolonged Power
Crit Food (Opted for burst and I already have over 40% mastery)
Augment Rune
Drums (25% Heroism)

Phase 1 - Waves of Adds
Without going through all the waves, there are a few rules to follow
    - Cooldown management is essential - knowing when Chastise is up and forcing it to be up is super important to stun the Mages - I do it when they are at around 60% HP. ALWAYS STUN THEM AROUND HERE - they can one shot members of your group.

- Shackle Undead is so important here, but mobs gain Diminishing Returns meaning they become resistant to it (If this happens, you can get a sneaky Chastise off and have it up for the next Mage). Always shackle an Archer as it's casting Mana Sting (if one of these goes off it's not good - you can LoS it behind one of the NPCs but I wouldn't), always shackle a warrior JUST after it finishes casting Knife Dance. Never shackle mages.

- Weave in smites and holy fires where possible - again, making sure Chastise is up is important.

- The damage can be bursty so be super vigilant - keep Renew/PoM flowing without using too much mana and keep people topped off. Use your Holy Words liberally to keep up Divinity.

- Provided you respect the above, you won't struggle until the last two waves, which are Mage/Warrior/Warrior and then Mage/Hunter/Warrior. I used drums on the final wave - it's important to note mana gets pretty sketchy but as you learn the enemy damage output, you can manage it much much better. I left phase one with 80% mana on the kill attempt without using a mana pot (Although I had to use them early on). The second last wave can be a bit bursty with the Warriors and they will eat you if you're not careful. I saved most of my CDs for these last two waves.

- If you pass all the waves, you have time to drink and wait for your CDs to come back (You shouldn't need them)

- Granny Marl is a useless old bat.

Phase 2 - Timed Run

This is actually the easiest part of the run. You have 6 minutes to deal with a bunch of adds and run up to the last boss room of BRH from where Smashbro is. I took off as much Mastery gear as possible and put on crit/haste because you won't be doing much healing here. On my first try I had just over a minute left on the timer. Pace yourself. You should feel bad if you wipe here :P

-Room 1 is a bunch of eyes - kill one THEN TOP YOURSELF OFF BEFORE KILLING ANOTHER - repeat. Just outside of room 1 after you kill the eyes there's a felguard and two felbats - pull them into the room and nuke them down. These were a joke. I used Apotheosis here.

- Now we go to the stairs. Use holy nova to disable the green orbs (They will mess you up otherwise). The first part has a NPC running around and 3 NPCs dying of fire. Dispell the feared NPC and don't let the other 3 die - if they die, they become a hostile add from Phase 1. Once topped off you have an Archer from Phase 1 on top of the stairs. Just kill it - shackle it to interrupt Mana Sting (Or do what I did and used the NPCs you just healed LOL). After this, just run up the rest of the stairs spamming Holy Nova to shut down green orbs.

- Room 2 is an Inquisitor and 3 eyes. Burst down the Inquisitor and then the three eyes like you did the first room (Seriously, don't lose a run to an Eye explosion).

- Phase 2 is done! You have time to mana up and wait for Hero/Lust debuff to wear off. I had about 5 mins left on mine so got a drink, took a bio and calmed myself because the next part sucks.

Phase 3 - Welcome to Hell
This is the hardest phase. Your 3 useless NPC friends will start fighting eachother and you have to keep these idiots alive in addition to topping off NPCs that will travel toward the boss. These come in waves of three, one Archer, one Mage, one Warrior - and if they reach the boss before being topped off, they will become hostile enemies at the start of the next phase (and they are a pain as they were in the first phase). Also put back on your proper healing gear (No cakes - use an Int stat stick). It's not uncommon to have 2 adds get through and have to deal with them.

Your party will need attention here - but Holy Word: Sanctify should be enough to keep them alive while you focus on the other NPCs while weaving flash heals. Below is a rotation I used to top off the waves of NPCs, but bear in mind between sets of adds, as well as during you will need to drop heals on your friends.

It's super important before each set comes out that you have Serenity off CD. Having your T19 4 Set is super important here for the buff.

Set 1: I used Drums, Prolonged Power, and Velen's
Add one; Light of T'uure > Serenity > Flash
Add two; Flash spam
Add three; Light of T'uure > Serenity > Flash

Set 2: I used Apotheosis
Add one; Flash > Serenity > Flash
Add two; Flash spam
Add three; Flash > Serenity > Flash

Set 3/4: You should be out of CDs. Just use the same as set 2 while weaving in Light of T'uure. It's likely one or two adds will get through.

It sucks wiping on this phase and beyond because you have to start again if you wipe.

Once done, you'll have a chance to drink. Any NPCs that got through will spawn (They are the same as P1 adds - super easy to deal with now). If you have the Cheese Cloak (Xan'shi) equip it now if you weren't using it.

Final Phase - Home Stretch
This is less intense than the previous phase but vigilance is still required. I managed to one shot this without Xan'shi. It's one Boss who has only two abilities;

- He will leap on you and drop a pool of felfire which does not despawn. It will mess you up if you stay in it.

- The Nightbane ability where you get the debuff and you have to take enough damage so that when it expires, it doesn't explode and kill your fragile, fragile group.

Go to the edge of the room and you'll move around in a circle as fire spawns, eventually ending up in the center - the room will be covered by the end of this and it's likely you'll die. If you die, don't release - you don't fail unless an NPC dies and if the boss is low they can finish him. Once you get the debuff, strafe into the fire patch and spam heal yourself. If he hasn't leapt in a while, prepare a GS/Desperate Prayer to stay alive.

Oh and protip; Chastise will stun the boss :) weave in those smites.

Good luck! It looks easy on paper but it keeping track of everything that's going on is pretty insane and I learned a LOT from it.
Good work Lion, Good to see players leading by example and helping the community.
04/04/2017 01:53 AMPosted by Lionseraphex
Set 1: I used Drums, Prolonged Power, and Velen's
Add one; Light of T'uure > Serenity > Flash
Add two; Flash spam
Add three; Light of T'uure > Serenity > Flash

Set 2: I used Apotheosis
Add one; Flash > Serenity > Flash
Add two; Flash spam
Add three; Flash > Serenity > Flash

Set 3/4: You should be out of CDs. Just use the same as set 2 while weaving in Light of T'uure. It's likely one or two adds will get through.

May I suggest:

Set 1: Pre-pot Potion of Prolonged Power + Velen's + Divine Hymn. - Depending on your gear, this will free all three adds with maybe needing to Flash Heal one or so after the channel ends.

Set 2: Apotheosis + Heroism

Set 3: Just heal two targets up to full.

This combination should allow you to heal up 8 targets without ever having to let an add through (at least that's how I did it). It instantly went into the boss phase for me. True that it meant I didn't have Apotheosis up for the final phase but it's very manageable once you get the rhythm of it.

Also, I'd suggest swapping your legendaries around depending on the phase.

For P1 (the many add waves), I used Cloak + Neck
For P2 (the gauntlet), I used Neck + Wrist
For P3 (the healing souls phase), I used Wrist + Trinket
For P4 (boss phase), I used Cloak + Neck

I just made "gear sets" and saved them to my bars so I can easily switch between gear pieces.

Good luck to your attempts!
All good advice :) I got it before I wrote this up so this is what worked for me - I'd love to hear what worked for others (Like Divine Hymn + Velen's that's actually really good!)
Thank you! But no - this does not at all look easy on paper lol.
Having tried the Disc/Shadow challenges too, I'd say the healing one is the hardest.
04/04/2017 09:11 PMPosted by Moringa
Having tried the Disc/Shadow challenges too, I'd say the healing one is the hardest.

The learning curve of Phase 1 without guides or anything was intense and easily the hardest part, but once you had it downpat, the second last phase was harder to learn because if you fail it's all the way back to phase 1 and it was easy to make mistakes or lose focus on improving the final few phases.
04/04/2017 03:23 AMPosted by Moringa

May I suggest:

Set 1: Pre-pot Potion of Prolonged Power + Velen's + Divine Hymn. - Depending on your gear, this will free all three adds with maybe needing to Flash Heal one or so after the channel ends.

Divine Hymn works? Dammit, I just assumed Blizzard would make it ignore the adds.

Just did this on my 950 priest, and it was obvious the extra ilvls helped a ton. Props to those of you who did it when it came out.

And for the inevitable blue who whines about the necro:
- The web team could make it so forum threads autolock based on age, but they don't.
- Something like this should be stickied in the forum.
- I got here from Google.