Should I re-roll now

Monk
I just started playing this monk and im wondering if its worth lvling till 110. I mainly want to focus on pvp. What healing class should I choose to be viable in pvp. im looking to play the most viable healing class this patch.

thanks
bump
Every healing class is viable just depends on how much u put into it. That being said if u just want to be God mode go resto druid they are the PvP gods of healing
These threads are insanely annoying at this point.
omg Monks are not going to be terrible in pvp.. Still going to be one of the most sought out healers for PVP. They lost 1 talent that never existed pre Legion and monks were always viable without it. And you gain a dmg mitigation ability for losing this 1 talent. Monks are still a great mobility healer without this 1 talent all these people are QQing about
Yea that dmg midigate spell is going to be great lol. I rarely used mistwalk in pvp i just use my transendence more and torpedo to escape while using rop and paralysis when needed. It's all in practice and when to use these abilities.

The only time mistwalk worked good was rated bgs when ur getting trained so hard u needed an escape from death.
Actually mistwalk was needed :\ but maybe im wrong.
03/28/2017 11:55 AMPosted by Slowsy
omg Monks are not going to be terrible in pvp.. Still going to be one of the most sought out healers for PVP. They lost 1 talent that never existed pre Legion and monks were always viable without it. And you gain a dmg mitigation ability for losing this 1 talent. Monks are still a great mobility healer without this 1 talent all these people are QQing about
In WoD mistweavers had 3 chi torpedos, now we only have two, so we're actually less mobile than in WoD. Also keep in mind we had nimble brew to get get us out of stuns in WoD, we could use cocoon while stunned in WoD, Cocoon was 3x / 4x times the strength comparatively in WoD, and it's cooldown was less than a minute in WoD.

You are literally clueless about monks, gtfo.
lol at the people who are doing thumbs down to a guy, for asking a question XD
03/28/2017 10:43 AMPosted by Zaxn

They should not have gotten rid of the healing/dps/tank forums. There's no reasonable place to ask similar questions anywhere else.

Besides, it's not like you contributed anything useful. It's annoying -- and that does what exactly? Inhibit people from posting them again? Not like it's going to slow it down or make it go away.

What WOULD be constructive would be writing a list of what monks best pair up with given whatever and being honest about it.

For instance -- recommending MW for Mythic raiding is plain ridiculous (unless you're a masochist) but if you're doing normal or heroic raiding MW is amazing and better than nearly all the other classes.

If we look here: http://www.arenamate.net we see that monks are only above holy priests and paladins and below everyone else. What's important to note is we're listed pretty highly though -- so all but holy priest is viable.

So yes, we are viable from a MW standpoint.

WW, in 2's, is highly ranked so we can assume they, too, are viable.

MW is top tier in RBG.

Now, keep in mind that this is before the new season so that may change with mistwalk gone. I don't know. We're still amazingly strong.

From a purely PvP standpoint -- we are, indeed, viable. We might not be top tier healers anymore.

So let's address another thing: Why trust a website with top tier people?

Well this tells us that, at our best, this is where we stand. What it doesn't tell us is where you, personally, stand. We don't know how good you are. Maybe you're amazing.

Now if you want to play the most taken and reliable then druid is your answer. Blizzard loves druids so you can rarely go wrong there.

You can choose to play what's more fun for you or you can choose to play what's taken more (which may, inherently, be what's more fun for you). For example -- if you prefer holy priests you may want to consider something else (basically anything else). Playing a flavor of the patch class may be more fun for you. Whatever. In which case -- druid is going to be a safe bet.

Me, personally? I'm getting my druid up since monks just can't compete in Mythic raiding. It's unfortunate but undeniable -- we simply can't compete.
03/30/2017 06:37 AMPosted by Mannmonk
They should not have gotten rid of the healing/dps/tank forums. There's no reasonable place to ask similar questions anywhere else.

Besides, it's not like you contributed anything useful. It's annoying -- and that does what exactly? Inhibit people from posting them again? Not like it's going to slow it down or make it go away.

WW is fine. There's 12 threads on "OMG MONKS ARE DED IM GONNA REROLL -- BUT WHAT CLASS/RACE/XMOG SHOULD I BE???"

Play what's fun. Stop making useless threads that spin wheels.
03/28/2017 10:43 AMPosted by Zaxn

Haha yea. Especially the ones asking what yhey should reroll to. Bet 90% of the people that ask that question don't even listen to advice and pick what their heart was set on anyway.
03/28/2017 05:24 PMPosted by Fox
In WoD mistweavers had 3 chi torpedos, now we only have two, so we're actually less mobile than in WoD. Also keep in mind we had nimble brew to get get us out of stuns in WoD, we could use cocoon while stunned in WoD, Cocoon was 3x / 4x times the strength comparatively in WoD, and it's cooldown was less than a minute in WoD.

You are literally clueless about monks, gtfo.

Also instant casts during soothing. God, do I miss that lol
They lost 1 talent that never existed pre Legion and monks were always viable without it.

"

Mist Walk was literally a Charge ability except it worked on allies instead of enemies. Removing it was a BIG nerf to PvP mobility.

Remove a Warrior's Charge ability and see what happens. "OMG, that's just one ability! You guys are viable with out it, you have leap!
03/30/2017 01:24 PMPosted by Sifu
Removing it was a BIG nerf to PvP mobility.

A somewhat needed one. Removing it was not needed. It could have easily been moved to the PvP talent tree and had replaced one of the talents there and been balanced. Even increasing the CD on the charge itself would have been good. Just //ing it from the game is harsh.

A MW using Walk could never be caught. Plain and simple. I'm not a top tier MW but in 2s/3s I could easily toy around with DHs and Druids between Torp/Port/MW rinse and repeat. This doesn't include my teammates abilities whatever they might have to help me get out of sticky situations as well.
Simple. Play the healing class that you like the most.

The most constructive way to say this would have been what are some of the pros/cons of mistweaver in PVP as compared to all other healing specs.
Resto Druid.
Try holy Pally in PvP.....then you will know what real pain feels like!
if you're going to re-roll i would recommend taking celerity, that way you have a charge in reserve for emergencies.
03/31/2017 12:10 PMPosted by Kotoshan
if you're going to re-roll i would recommend taking celerity, that way you have a charge in reserve for emergencies.

LoL!
that is a good one!