H NH run for AoTC required AoTC?

General Discussion
really? am i missing something? no one sees something's wrong with that logic?
been like that for some folks even before AOTCs were invented, so, yah, take that as you will.
I believe the intent is to get a fast.run of experienced people. I dont think those people are interested in doing progression in a pug.
Somebody's getting carried.
You are missing something. That isn't a run to earn aotc since everyone there should have it already. That is a run for gear upgrades.
03/27/2017 09:06 AMPosted by Inji

No. The group leader probably doesn't have AOTC yet. He wants everybody in his group to have AOTC already to increase the odds of the group succeeding. Logic.
Nothing really wrong with the logic. I don't think a raid leader is purposely posting "AotC required for an AotC run" though.

Here's the translation, in case you're confused:

"Let's do a H NH run and fill the raid group with people who already know the content and mechanics. We don't want to carry folks who've never done it before and who will probably wipe us."

Honestly I have run alt raids with N NH where we were only pulling AotC people in. Might as well fill your raid with the best you can find!
Does AoTC carry over from ecpac before?
AotC is a nice perk for heroic raiders whose guilds are stepping into mythic and no longer schedule heroic/normal raids. It's a pass to get into a group of comparatively skilled players to down content already on farm. Many of us have zero desire to help pugs with progression.

AotC aren't for you to get AotC in.
really? am i missing something?

Yes, you are! You're missing the fact that people who put forth the effort to make their own groups can set whatever criteria they want.
Make your own group, take whoever you want.
03/27/2017 09:18 AMPosted by Lainch
Does AoTC carry over from ecpac before?

Technically yes, you still have AotC [Whatever boss you killed] if you earned it before

but groups dont really want to see AotC Xavius when they are looking to kill Gul'dan
03/27/2017 09:17 AMPosted by Amoc
Nothing really wrong with the logic. I don't think a raid leader is purposely posting "AotC required for an AotC run" though.

Here's the translation, in case you're confused:

"Let's do a H NH run and fill the raid group with people who already know the content and mechanics. We don't want to carry folks who've never done it before and who will probably wipe us."

Honestly I have run alt raids with N NH where we were only pulling AotC people in. Might as well fill your raid with the best you can find!

your comment makes no sense. if you already have AoTC and on an alt, you're "already" have it. why would you run "AoTC" again? just say gear/ap run, and require AoTC. nothing's wrong with filling raid with experienced and best players that you can get. i'm just confused with the title saying "AoTC run required AoTC". it's like asking the chicken or the egg, which came first.
NH's difficult. Which I'm really torn about... on one hand it's nice that there is a difficult raid with strict DPS/Heal requirements. But on the other hand it's been incredibly frustrating actually clearing NH... even on normal because people can't follow simple mechanics or pull the right numbers. Though honestly I've had some issues pulling high enough single target damage myself.

The AOTC has been abused by players honestly. It's required for everything and ironically doesn't even seem to weed out bad players or increase the chance of success imo.

Honestly I've kindof given up on pugging NH and am just hoping I'll get into a guild run at some point so I can progress to heroic.
03/27/2017 09:13 AMPosted by Dramorix
You are missing something. That isn't a run to earn aotc since everyone there should have it already. That is a run for gear upgrades.
NO, this the group leader wanting a carry so he can cheese his way to the AOTC achievement without putting much of his own effort in.

Well, actually it is logical. Allow me to simply break it down for you.

See, you can get AOTC from more than one place (or group). Since you can, it's entirely logical to request it as proof of your expertise for further kills of tier end bosses, and within other players' right to if they should decide just that.

Now, if you could only get AOTC from one person's group in the entire game, it'd be illogical. But that isn't the case. Simple logic is simple. I think, however, you knew that. This is less about logic, and entirely about you feeling slighted. Don't bring logic into it unless you understand logic.
03/27/2017 09:40 AMPosted by Rrayy
03/27/2017 09:13 AMPosted by Dramorix
NO, this the group leader wanting a carry so he can cheese his way to the AOTC achievement without putting much of his own effort in.

I suppose you will attach your evidence on an edit? Go find another bridge to troll under.
It's simply elitists playing their exclusivity card.

Nothing new, OP.
03/27/2017 10:11 AMPosted by Boreal

See, you can get AOTC from more than one place (or group). Since you can, it's entirely logical to request it as proof of your expertise for further kills of tier end bosses, and within other players' right to if they should decide just that.

Now, if you could only get AOTC from one person's group in the entire game, it'd be illogical. But that isn't the case. Simple logic is simple. I think, however, you knew that. This is less about logic, and entirely about you feeling slighted. Don't bring logic into it unless you understand logic.

did you actually read what you post? did you even comprehend my question? or you just wanted to sound intelligent with your nonsense?
03/27/2017 10:23 AMPosted by Inji
03/27/2017 10:11 AMPosted by Boreal

did you actually read what you post? did you even comprehend my question? or you just wanted to sound intelligent with your nonsense?

Oh uh... If you consider my common sense post the material of an intellectual... You probably will NEVER be able to get AOTC lolol.

You don't understand logic, after all. What would you like us/blizz to do? Force everyone to play with you even if they don't want to? Please, elaborate on your brilliant solution so you can be included, even against other player's will.