RIP !Stealth Macro

Rogue
It works once per zone then stops working.
Wierd. I don't use such a macro. Just "/cast [mod] stealth" and I can spam it all day and not break stealth.
I noticed mine stopped working as well.

I fixed by doing a [nostealth] instead of !Stealth:

#showtooltip Stealth
/stop attack
/cast [nostealth] Stealth
/cast [mod:alt] Stealth

is the one I have now and it appears to work fine, spammable, able to stealth out of shadow dance (now Stealth removes you from shadow dance and cancels the dance)
You'd think someone would have caught this on the PTR.

I've got to comb through A LOT of macros now to find and replace every incidence of this command line and again once they fix this thing (assuming they ever do). Very frustrating.

UPDATE: I can confirm that spamming macros with "/cast [nostealth] Stealth" does cancel stealth. A small inconvenience that increased the number of characters in macros is now going to result in accidental deaths.
so it DOESN'T WORK ANYMORE. okay. well this game was fun while it lasted.
03/29/2017 11:36 AMPosted by Wrkz
so it DOESN'T WORK ANYMORE. okay. well this game was fun while it lasted.

Overreaction of the century lol
To those saying "/cast [nostealth] Stealth" doesn't break stealth when you spam it: You aren't pressing it fast enough. Yes, it prevents stealth from breaking if you spam it while you are already stealthed, but that's not the issue. Spam it while you are unstealthed, and it will break as you go into stealth.
03/29/2017 03:08 PMPosted by Tantojutsu
To those saying "/cast [nostealth] Stealth" doesn't break stealth when you spam it: You aren't pressing it fast enough. Yes, it prevents stealth from breaking if you spam it while you are already stealthed, but that's not the issue. Spam it while you are unstealthed, and it will break as you go into stealth.

True
/cast [nocombat, nostealth] Stealth

spammable for me

I can spam the heck out of it and have no issues. :o
Even when I intentionally try to spam way faster than I normally would.
E: Just to make doubly sure, I bound it to my scrollwheel, unlocked it and let it spin as fast is it could.

The only times I have issues with Stealth being removed if I kill something 1-2 shot from Stealth, right. I exit combat and will spam the button and with Subterfuge will get knocked out. However, to try and fix this, I have literally tried every macro possible. !Stealth, to all kinds of modifiers and castsequence. Nothing fixed it except not using Subterfuge.
Bumping for exposure. This is a big QOL issue.
Well well well - /cast !stealth seems to be working again. Hallelujah! Praise be unto the blue overlords.

edit: Nevermind, it's broken again. It worked for a brief time. Perhaps Blizz is working on this stuff.
It worked yesterday. It's broken again.
I use the !stealth macro and I havent been able to replicate this problem. But...my stealth is keybind T and once I go into stealth Sap macro is keybind T. So I cant really overdo the spamming.
There really is no need for this macro or maybe I don't understand why you need it. The way I have it setup is this.

/cast [nomod] Vanish
/cast [mod] Stealth

And when I'm stealth, the button position turns into tricks.

There is no way this setup can decloak me accidently. Except for vile, all my rogue abilities are on my main hotkey bar. #6 and #7 keys are empty due to their far reach requirements. But all others have a [nomod] and [mod] so they can all fit and placed according to their type and frequent usage.

Maybe it's because I've only switched recently to Rogue as my progression main (I created her back in WOTLK to mine and harvest herbs and casual pvp) but I don't see why this macro is still necessary.

I do remember needing a macro like this for my feral to power shift, but every one knows what happened to power shifting, so the macro doesn't matter much anymore.

I have a feeling that the ones who have a problem are the ones who don't have their stealth macro on the main hotkey bar?
It seems to be bugged based off your tier two talents. While specced into Subterfuge !stealth will not work, but while choosing another talent in the same row fixes this issue. So the macro I believe thinks we are still in stealth for some reason.
I've tried a bunch of stuff, but I have been unable to replicate this issue. To be clear, I am not saying that noone is experiencing this issue, but we are going to need more detail to get to the bottom of this.

I've tried asn and outlaw, all three stealth talents, in dalaran at rest and in broken shore killing mobs right after combat. I've spammed like crazy. I had vanessa with me the whole time. No buffs on me at the time.

I do have an idea though. There was some sort of issue with the lag tolerance. Those of you experiencing the issue, have you manually set your lag tolerance or disabled it in the past? I believe the setting is gone in the interface now, but the variables still exist. Perhaps they could be improperly set with the change to the variable name.

Those of you who recently had it start working again, could you try and remember if you were using a new trinket or some other spell effect source? It is important to note anything that has changed between when it worked and when it didn't.

I am using /cast !Stealth to test.
It's back.

No further issues with "/cast !Stealth" whatsoever.