Followup With Kel

Story Forum
1 2 3 5 Next
http://i.imgur.com/UVCLSyB.jpg

PLEASE NOTE
It has not been made clear yet if Blizzard CSRs have the authority to dictate or even clarify lore. All of this could be 100% correct or 100% incorrect. I am simply posting because I personally trust this particular GM and it's the only real answers we've been given to these questions.

EDIT: From Blizzard:
08/08/2017 05:35 PMPosted by Vrakthris
In a pinch one of our Community Managers might be able to help, they are liaisons to our Dev team and therefore have a better shot at talking to the right folks to get the answers. That really isn't something we can guarantee a response on though, but it is worth a shot.

Who is the leader of the Darkspear?
Unofficially, Rokhan.

Who supports Sylvanas as Warchief?
Really only Lor'themar.

What kind of deal did Sylvanas make with Helya?
Can't say.

How old are the main night elf characters from WotA?
No exact numbers, night elves lose track after a few hundred.

Whose orders are followed first in a military situation, Anduin's or Genn's?
Anduin's.

Is the TCG artwork canon?
Yes.

Can blood elves be druids?
Yes. High Botanist Freywinn used arcane to get there, however.

Can undead get drunk?
Some can, some can't.

Lifespan of trolls?
Can live to be upwards of 250 naturally.
*hyped beyond words*

My heart literally skipped a beat from all these. I think I need to sit down.
03/31/2017 02:52 PMPosted by Cannibal

Is the TCG canon?
Yes.

Might want to edit this one to say 'TCG artwork'. Not only does he specifically say artwork, but the Afrasiabi tweet from two months ago mentioned how the TCG doesn't dictate what's canon in WoW.
blood elf druids
finally those people who say high elves cant be druids are put down
ez
03/31/2017 03:29 PMPosted by Kayleina
Might want to edit this one to say 'TCG artwork'. Not only does he specifically say artwork, but the Afrasiabi tweet from two months ago mentioned how the TCG doesn't dictate what's canon in WoW.

Good catch. I'll edit that.

03/31/2017 03:42 PMPosted by Farmiar
blood elf druids
ez

Blood elf, high elf... Shattered Hand, Dragonmaw... Wildhammer, Bronzebeard... same thing.
03/31/2017 03:42 PMPosted by Farmiar
blood elf druids
ez
They can be druids. But it doesn't mean they want to, or that the few who chose druidism will be accepted into the Cenarion Circle.
I wouldn't want to see the cultures diluted more just because of gameplay or rule of cool, but each on their own, i guess.
I got one question for friend Kel...

Does he like Orange Soda?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lTBUDBq8xw

Heh, jokes aside, as I said on the WRA forums neat stuff. :3
Had no idea trolls were generally long-lived. I was actually under the assumption that trolls had a shorter average lifespan than humans based on how Vol'jin is apparently "old".
I'm really surprised that Lor'themar is Sylvanas' chief support, they didn't exactly get along during the siege.

Baine seemed to be the most enthusiastic about backing Sylvanas after Vol'jins death.
I was a little worried that it might be a bit too secretive, but he actually pulled through for us!

If you see this, Game Master Kel, thank you so much, this is REALLY interesting!
03/31/2017 02:52 PMPosted by Cannibal
Really only Lor'themar.

But Lor'themar hates Sylvanas.

Like, Baine would be more of a supporter of her than Lor'themar.
I'm disappointed that Anduin's words and orders are valued higher than Genn's, especially when Genn arguably has more military experience than Anduin does.

Someone probably should have asked why Anduin was immediately chosen and not a real seasoned military veteran for Alliance military leadership.
03/31/2017 07:23 PMPosted by Rendford
Someone probably should have asked why Anduin was immediately chosen and not a real seasoned military veteran for Alliance military leadership.

Chosen one.
03/31/2017 05:34 PMPosted by Jerrod
I'm really surprised that Lor'themar is Sylvanas' chief support, they didn't exactly get along during the siege.

Baine seemed to be the most enthusiastic about backing Sylvanas after Vol'jins death.

Sylvanas and Lor'themar seemed to get along well enough in War Crimes. And remember, Lor'themar kinda has no choice but to support Sylvanas. Last I checked, the Forsaken are still the only thing keeping the undead in the Ghostlands under control.
03/31/2017 07:23 PMPosted by Rendford
I'm disappointed that Anduin's words and orders are valued higher than Genn's, especially when Genn arguably has more military experience than Anduin does.

The question was "Who has more military power?"

Anduin does, clearly. He has the might of Stormwind behind him. Genn has the remnants of a shattered nation. You might be misinterpreting the question/answer (Or I may be.)

Edit: It's me, my bad. But it does say the Worgen's aren't outright dismissed.
03/31/2017 07:33 PMPosted by Daltherigon
03/31/2017 05:34 PMPosted by Jerrod

Sylvanas and Lor'themar seemed to get along well enough in War Crimes. And remember, Lor'themar kinda has no choice but to support Sylvanas. Last I checked, the Forsaken are still the only thing keeping the undead in the Ghostlands under control.

Is that really still the case? Maybe post BC when that short story was written, but the belves have been strutting their military might since MoP. If they seriously aren't in control of Quel'Thalas at this point I have to question their priorities.
03/31/2017 07:45 PMPosted by Jerrod
Is that really still the case? Maybe post BC when that short story was written, but the belves have been strutting their military might since MoP. If they seriously aren't in control of Quel'Thalas at this point I have to question their priorities.

As of War Crimes, the Ghostlands are still full of undead. Which is dumb.
03/31/2017 07:38 PMPosted by Kheldan
The question was "Who has more military power?"

Anduin does, clearly. He has the might of Stormwind behind him. Genn has the remnants of a shattered nation. You might be misinterpreting the question/answer (Or I may be.)

What's posted on the OP and what's on this link:

http://i.imgur.com/UVCLSyB.jpg

Concern different things. What I'm addressing is the issue of who's orders should be valued more during times of war. In my mind, Anduin's words shouldn't be valued, he's not an experienced military leader and has never led a successful war. Every single other Alliance leader ought to have more military chops than him because they're older and more experienced. He may have a kingdom with a more powerful military but he was not the one that built that up when he came into power.

Every single time I want to try to like the Alliance and be proud of being part of the Alliance, there's always something that drives me away from it due to Blizzard's ideal of putting ample focus to one single aspect of the Alliance and never doing anything to build up other things that could help make the Alliance a more interesting faction.
03/31/2017 07:48 PMPosted by Rendford
In my mind, Anduin's words shouldn't be valued, he's not an experienced military leader and has never led a successful war.

Have we seen an example so far in Legion of Anduin's words being valued? We've seen Genn listen to them then blatantly ignore them the next minute and re-ignite a conflict with the Forsaken.

We haven't seen enough of Anduin being a king to discern how he is ruling, or how the Alliance is listening to him ruling.
03/31/2017 07:47 PMPosted by Kheldan
03/31/2017 07:45 PMPosted by Jerrod

As of War Crimes, the Ghostlands are still full of undead. Which is dumb.

How did Lor'themar intend to leave the Horde then? Did he expect the Forsaken to support them anyway, or was the Alliance going to foot the bill for their security?