PSA: Creatures now scale with item level #2

General Discussion
Prev 1 67 68 69 227 Next
04/04/2017 05:33 AMPosted by Tresska
Anyone else want to respond? I really want to know. Heck I think it's important Blizzard knows

04/04/2017 05:04 AMPosted by Tresska
I am curious. If they decide to revert the change and give one of their blanket apologies. If they do that, how many of you would have at least some of your trust renewed in blizzard?

Quoted so I don't have to re-type

they never will come out and apologies. there ego is too big to do that. And even if they did, it would be half !@#. I'll forgive them when they start acting like game devs.

so u can stop spamming it thinking them coming out with a sorry which we all know will never happen, will some how change the lies they have said. reminds me of WOD all over again.
Anyone else want to respond? I really want to know. Heck I think it's important Blizzard knows

I am curious. If they decide to revert the change and give one of their blanket apologies. If they do that, how many of you would have at least some of your trust renewed in blizzard?

What difference does this make ? They did the same thing with flying and with CRZ previously and they will in all probability change their minds on other issues in the future. If for some reason that offends you, you have a couple of choices, either accept it or leave. I seriously doubt they are going to change for you.

I would take a Reaganesque approach..."Trust but verify"

I would continue my subscription for this expansion. I would not buy the next expansion until it was out and I was certain it was something I want to play.
04/04/2017 05:40 AMPosted by Espiritu

they never will come out and apologies. there ego is too big to do that. And even if they did, it would be half !@#. I'll forgive them when they start acting like game devs.

so u can stop spamming it thinking them coming out with a sorry which we all know will never happen, will some how change the lies they have said. reminds me of WOD all over again.

Cool off a little, do you really need to lash out at me for trying to start a conversation that isn't hostile? Chill, we are on the same side here.

04/04/2017 05:41 AMPosted by Vynara
I would take a Reaganesque approach..."Trust but verify"

I would continue my subscription for this expansion. I would not buy the next expansion until it was out and I was certain it was something I want to play.

That sounds pretty level headed. Probably about as reasonable as can be expected. I think I might fall somewhere in that camp. I would be cautiously more trusting I think
I don't understand why I have to go out and farm up new gear to be able to do the quests I am doing now at the same speed. The new island is harder. Fine with that. Why do my old world quests need to take longer. I feel like I took a step backwards and there is a cliff behind me.
04/04/2017 05:30 AMPosted by Roxette
just figured time you got some of your own medicine back.

It's not the same medicine which is why it doesn't work.

. However, I realized during the course of that exchange that, firstly, you think you are smart but you aren't smart enough to realize you aren't

I am actually. A lot smarter than you. I've refuted everything you've said and when you ran out of steam, you started with the old boring age insult.

who doesn't know when to let things go.

Show me how it's done, but I bet your ego won't allow it. Therefore, more hypocrisy.
04/03/2017 05:29 PMPosted by Phumbles
Not everyone likes the same things in a game. I for one don't want to spend more time killing mobs than I have for the last 4 months. I've done these WQ enough, they are boring now, it's just a grind to get to what I do have fun in the game with.

04/03/2017 05:27 PMPosted by Nayaga
have tried to explain to Rager and now you, it's a game for fun. This change is not fun to us. That is all you need to understand.

And all you need to understand is 1 shotting mobs isn't good for a game and shouldn't be standard practice.
04/03/2017 05:27 PMPosted by Aladrath
We were getting along just fine without scaling of any sort.

We weren't all 910+

We dont have to be 910+ to ask if we can enjoy content.

Your argument makes 0 sense .

What does 910 have to do with anything ?

Also id lke to see your "proof" that people are 1 shotting bcuz as a fdk even it takes about 4 hits to even kill each npc at the wq pvp towers sobexplain to me this 1 shotting ? I think you are full of ****. Oh and im waiting for the" omg why do i have to show proof im only a lame troll i have no proof bcuz i like to make stuff up to derail threads"
04/04/2017 05:40 AMPosted by Espiritu

Cool off a little, do you really need to lash out at me for trying to start a conversation that isn't hostile? Chill, we are on the same side here.

Just because someone is 'on your side' doesn't mean they have to enjoy your spamming - you must have done that already 5 times that I have seen.
Like I said, actions speak louder than words. I think demanding an apology will only yield an empty, insincere one.

And for the record, you can choose to NOT accept and also NOT leave. Not everyone needs to abide by your extremes.

I'm with Vynara in that I will definitely be leery of their next expansion and may bypass it altogether. Maybe I am tired because I've been playing a long time.

Or maybe I just don't like being lied to. Deceived. Used as an experiment and as free labor. (you are usually compensated when you give permission to be in a test study)

I'm definitely going to hold Blizzard under more scrutiny than ever before. I hold them to a certain standard. They need to have standards for themselves as well.
04/04/2017 05:39 AMPosted by Tresska
04/04/2017 05:37 AMPosted by Akujack
At this point, no, that one thing will not get this dev team any of my trust back.

Fair enough. What would they have to do to get your trust back? Could they even?

Zone and item level scaling has to go, RNG would need to be dialed way back, purchasible flying at max level added back, dungeon and raid requirements for professions removed, CRZ removed, actual content given not the lack of hidden behind endless grinds, actually giving us what they promise.

None of that will happen with this dev team therefore they'll never win my trust back.
04/04/2017 05:50 AMPosted by Nui

And for the record, you can choose to NOT accept and also NOT leave. Not everyone needs to abide by your extremes.

What does not accepting look like - you plan to keep making posts on this subject until they change it, which may be never ?
I don't know how anyone can honestly say this ilvl scaling doesn't effect anything.

Before the ilvl scaling, you tag to make things quick for everyone. Now it's just rude to tag, specially if you tag low ilvl player and not helping them dps.

On my ilvl 851 frost mage, I can constantly feel the scaling kicking my butt. It stands out so much with WQ rare. Someone with 900+ ilvl tag it and all of sudden my dps becomes crap. My CDs are down , the rare's hp just REFUSED to go down but mine goes down fast. Meanwhile this someone happily goes tagging other stuff, picking up some nearby herb . HELL, he even takes time to catch that pool of fish! He's certainly not wasting his PRECIOUS time.

Also I don't know if you all notice. Everytime you tag a rare, specially on WQ world boss, the mob's hp will stop moving for 2, 3 seconds before it starts to calculate again. The more people tagging it, the longer it takes to bring it down. The ilvl scaling adds on top of he per player hp increase makes fights take much longer than they should be.

Thanks a lot ilvl scaling!

My sub has 19 day left, just saying.

Or maybe I just don't like being lied to. Deceived. Used as an experiment and as free labor. (you are usually compensated when you give permission to be in a test study)

[/quote]
Agreed, that's what pushed it over for me. I hate the scaling, but I hate the shady way it was implemented more. And if they make a claim of it being due to lack of PTR testing, then know what they should do? Add incentives to actually USE the PTR. A lot of people don't play on it because they don't get to keep a thing, I dunno, add some kind of reward for being on it, anything at all really so that you can get more people to test crap like this before shoving it down everyone's throats.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Just because someone is 'on your side' doesn't mean they have to enjoy your spamming - you must have done that already 5 times that I have seen.

That is an outright lie. I re posted ONE quote for the sake of getting a real conversation going rather than a futile circular conversation with the troll I am now responding to for the last time
04/04/2017 05:54 AMPosted by Lunarfel
I don't know how anyone can honestly say this ilvl scaling doesn't effect anything.

Before the ilvl scaling, you tag to make things quick for everyone. Now it's just rude to tag, specially if you tag low ilvl player and not helping them dps.

On my ilvl 851 frost mage, I can constantly feel the scaling kicking my butt. It stands out so much with WQ rare. Someone with 900+ ilvl tag it and all of sudden my dps becomes crap. My CDs are down , the rare's hp just REFUSED to go down but mine goes down fast. Meanwhile this someone happily goes tagging other stuff, picking up some nearby herb . HELL, he even takes time to catch that pool of fish! He's certainly not wasting his PRECIOUS time.

Also I don't know if you all notice. Everytime you tag a rare, specially on WQ world boss, the mob's hp will stop moving for 2, 3 seconds before it starts to calculate again. The more people tagging it, the longer it takes to bring it down. The ilvl scaling adds on top of he per player hp increase makes fights take much longer than they should be.

When someone tags my target and then moves off and doesn't help take it down, I will then move out of the targets reset radius. I won't kill it.
04/04/2017 05:53 AMPosted by Roxette

What does not accepting look like - you plan to keep making posts on this subject until they change it, which may be never ?

The rest of my post which you apparently ignored entails my approach going forward, you goon. You plan to keep being obnoxious?
04/04/2017 05:59 AMPosted by Nui
You plan to keep being obnoxious?

Their life mission...unfortunately.
Alright everyone, fight the good fight. Ill be back on later. Gotta get to work, comics don't draw themselves
04/04/2017 05:57 AMPosted by Akujack
When someone tags my target and then moves off and doesn't help take it down, I will then move out of the targets reset radius. I won't kill it.

My point is, you shouldn't have to do this. The ilvl scaling is "supposed" to make things easy for low ilvl players according Ion. But what my in game experience says otherwise. You are really not helping to prove the point.
04/04/2017 05:54 AMPosted by Lunarfel

Well since I rarely just tag and run off, I can't say there is any difference for me in that regard. Before if you tagged and run off you still made things harder/slower for the person you left just so you could finish quicker.

Your ilvl 850 mage shouldn't be feeling it at all since scaling starts around 850 and the mobs don't do increase damaged anymore anyway. Your dps is your damage per second, there is no reason for your damage per second to go down when the only thing changing is the mob has more health.

There is no point in blaming everything on ilvl scaling.

Also, if some tags a mob like that for me and runs off leaving me to kill it, I will just leave it and go find another.