PSA: Creatures now scale with item level #2

General Discussion
Prev 1 68 69 70 227 Next
04/04/2017 01:03 AMPosted by Ràger
I use logic to explain why the system is good, and how Blizzard can make it work.
Again you don't know what logic is. Logic will not explain why a system is good or bad, true or false, it will only show that the METHOD used in an argument is valid or not.

Claiming you use facts and logic doesn't mean you do, it only show that you are delusional in what you think or that you are outright trolling.
04/04/2017 05:48 AMPosted by Dratharzul
04/04/2017 05:30 AMPosted by Roxette
just figured time you got some of your own medicine back.

It's not the same medicine which is why it doesn't work.

. However, I realized during the course of that exchange that, firstly, you think you are smart but you aren't smart enough to realize you aren't

I am actually. A lot smarter than you. I've refuted everything you've said and when you ran out of steam, you started with the old boring age insult.

who doesn't know when to let things go.

Show me how it's done, but I bet your ego won't allow it. Therefore, more hypocrisy.

Really you have an IQ in the genius range, that really would surprise me.

And you refuted nothing, making what you consider 'smart' remarks isn't a refute.
04/04/2017 05:53 AMPosted by Roxette
04/04/2017 05:50 AMPosted by Nui

And for the record, you can choose to NOT accept and also NOT leave. Not everyone needs to abide by your extremes.

What does not accepting look like - you plan to keep making posts on this subject until they change it, which may be never ?

Well that's what I plan on doing.

Oh and not subscribing again. My sub ends in May so if this doesn't reverse, it's GG for them.
04/04/2017 06:12 AMPosted by Roxette

Why do you read what you want to read, but not actually what is written?

And you refuted nothing, making what you consider 'smart' remarks isn't a refute.

Dude I have. This is but one of them.
This issue is very reminiscent of the flying debacle and the camera issue in WoD. Before addressing the issue, let me clarify. I unsubbed because of the camera issue and have not resubbed. Because of my generosity to several individuals in game, they have returned the favor to gift me time, which I appreciate very much. So, I have been operating under month to month time.

I do not support the ilvl scaling at all. Nor did I ever like the lvl scaling mobs. Blizzard actually created the problem by severe ilvl inflation from tier to tier in the expansions and their solution leaves much to be desired.

Just as in the past, Blizzard has misrepresented the current patch and blatantly lied about not implementing ilvl scaling. What I believe actually happened is they needed a solution to their created problem and this was the cheap way out. The scaling to level worked so it was coding already there that could be used to scale to ilvl with a few adjustments. To not inform the playerbase of a significant change in the game from the past is reprehensible.

One thing learned from the WoD flying and camera debacles is this ilvl scaling is here to stay. Whatever compromise, if any, Blizzard chooses to implement, the players will be stuck with ilvl and lvl scaling of mobs going forward, as well as additional pathfinders for flying. In my opinion only, the potential for this to bleed into past expansions' content is plausible because it would be a cheap way to introduce new content without actually developing something new. Likewise, the introduction of the micro-transaction of "pay to win" is possible by either paying gold or actual money to keep the content at expansion level for transmog and mount runs. Also, the "pay to win" transaction introduction into current content might be a possibility as well to stop ilvl scaling for individuals who would want that. It would mean more phasing/sharding, but that seems to be the norm now.

At this point, sub loss means little to Blizzard since the company is operating on "time played." Subs can go down but with remaining subs spending more time playing, it evens out for their new measure of success. Tanks and healers are already in short supply. If more players maining these classes leave, it will impact everyone in the game using LFD and LFR, not to mention progressions guilds.

It will also impact those who play WoW farming mats and selling them on the AH. If it becomes so frustrating for players gathering/skinning to not be bothered, that would impact the economy. And, if the ilvl scaling has a cap where it is not applied (like the 850 ilvl now), why would anyone bother to gear up when they can cap at a certain ilvl and only deal with lvl scaling?

Now, from what it seems imo, Blizzard did this as an "experiment" for solving a problem they created for players to experience it "organically." This is like a medical trial but instead of the patient getting paid to participate in the study, the patient is paying to be in the study, which is wrong.

My guild has basically at the most 8 people on at a time. Usually there are only 2 to 4. So, no one says anything much and this issue has not been brought up. Talking in general or trade chat on my realm is almost inviting masochism, sadism, sarcasm, and smart-*** remarks so no one does it. Even asking a simple question invites it. From the friends in game that I have, they have expressed their dislike of the ilvl scaling feature, especially those who raid all difficulties.

I can say that I do not log in as much as I used to nor do I play as I used to. Basically, I retired from raiding period. I do LFR only, because, well, its LFR and my performance is not heavily relied upon. So, when i have adverse effects because of the camera, I really don't care since I can fudge a bit. But, at what point will this ilvl scaling be implemented in instanced content? While Blizzard may say they won't do that or have no plans for it, this change to the fundamental element of the game could see that happen, which would be another ball of wax players will have to swallow.

If I get gifted time, I will be in game since my monthly time ends in 11 days. If not, then I won't be playing. The flying and camera issues were enough for me to pull my subscription and not ever renew. With ilvl scaling, it may be that I tell those who are returning the favor to call it even and let Wow slide.

From the experience with the other issues, Blizzard will leave the feature in then double down on it, expand it and add more and more time gates to content at expansion launches and patch releases instead of delivering the content up front and allowing players to consume the content at their own pace. It will eventually come down to the same issue with the camera, where those who needed an additional accessibility option were basically middle-fingered by Blizzard.

This was longer than intended. TL:DR -- I am opposed to ilvl scaling in the game period.
Cool off a little, do you really need to lash out at me for trying to start a conversation that isn't hostile? Chill, we are on the same side here.

I'm not attacking or trying to lash out at you, sorry if I came off that way.

I'm just trying to show how feed up I em with blizzards lies and spins. I remember last X-pack blizzard showing all the zones we would get at release, then they scraped Tanaan Jungle, when we asked about it and and called them out about how they said it was meant for release, Lore out right said we were making things up. YET ITS ON YOUTUBE!

This is the same story every time, more lies and spins, lore used to be a person about giving real hard feedback, now hes just a lackey that followers the master that pays him the money each week.
04/04/2017 06:14 AMPosted by Saelara
04/04/2017 05:53 AMPosted by Roxette

What does not accepting look like - you plan to keep making posts on this subject until they change it, which may be never ?

Well that's what I plan on doing.

Oh and not subscribing again. My sub ends in May so if this doesn't reverse, it's GG for them.

Yes well I knew some people will be doing that, that's why I asked.
04/04/2017 06:39 AMPosted by Roxette
This is what you wrote.

Nope.

In order to be smarter, I am just telling you, you would need to be in the genius range. But since you couldn't even put two and two together to figure that out, I seriously doubt you are.

Two and two is four. Guess I won that round.
04/04/2017 06:47 AMPosted by Dratharzul
This is what you wrote.

Nope.

In order to be smarter, I am just telling you, you would need to be in the genius range. But since you couldn't even put two and two together to figure that out, I seriously doubt you are.

Two and two is four. Guess I won that round.

only if you have low standards

and you seriously claiming you never wrote that - like really
In order to be smarter, I am just telling you, you would need to be in the genius range.

So someone in the "genius range" spends their time posting on a video game forum (to the tune 30400 posts) while arguing with people they deem as insignificant?

This thread has turned to comedic gold.
04/04/2017 06:55 AMPosted by Roxette

Here. I'll help you:

I am actually. A lot smarter than you

Where did I say my IQ was in the genius range? You insinuated that on your own and you've been doing that ALLLLLL through this thread.

I said I was smart, not a genius. My reading comprehension is better for a start.

04/04/2017 07:01 AMPosted by Usdachoice
So someone in the "genius range" spends their time posting on a video game forum (to the tune 30400 posts) while arguing with people they deem as insignificant?

Boom! Watch them try to refute that logic lol.
04/04/2017 05:48 AMPosted by Misbecky
I don't understand why I have to go out and farm up new gear to be able to do the quests I am doing now at the same speed. The new island is harder. Fine with that. Why do my old world quests need to take longer. I feel like I took a step backwards and there is a cliff behind me.

the new island is harder only because of scaling. not because blizzard actually put new mobs who hit harder and have more hp. on the ptr you could see it. but most people didnt realize it was because of scaling.

9 days before my mains sub runs out unless blizz removes scaling
Where did I say my IQ was in the genius range? You insinuated that on your own and you've been doing that ALLLLLL through this thread.

I said I was smart, not a genius. My reading comprehension is better for a start.

Is it though?

You realize what they were saying is how smart they were right? So for you to be smarter you'd have to be a genius...

I mean. That was the implication, surely you know that right?
One thing I should like to suggest - demands for an apology are meaningless. I hold no hope whatsoever that, even if an apology were offered, it would resonate, and if I'm being honest, the prospect that it would be accepted is dubious. Personally, I do not require nor do I ask for an apology. Again, Blizzard is a business, and the trust I instill in a product is limited to an accurate presentation of the product I'm being asked to purchase. As things stand, I have been presented a false landscape, which extends beyond item scaling.

What is most telling about this situation is the stone silence. It isn't unexpected given the more recent history of game changes, but the hour is getting late for some acknowledgement of any of the concerns being brought up. That is all I'm really interested in, Blizzard's level of engagement, and whether they're actually interested in a dialogue. Since I suspect they aren't, they haven't disrupted expectations up to now.
04/04/2017 06:55 AMPosted by Roxette

Here. I'll help you:

I am actually. A lot smarter than you

Boom! Watch them try to refute that logic lol.

geez I have to actually spell it out for you.

You claimed to be a lot smarter than me.

I have an IQ right near the genius range so in order to be a lot smarter than me you would have to be a genius. No you never said you were a genius you just said a lot smarter than me, which is obviously false and I am glad you can admit that now.

And if you can't pick it up this time there just is no hope - you actually might be below that 90 IQ range I credited you with previously.
There's another fabulous "micro holiday" coming up this week, March of the Tadpoles. Anyone want to bet on whether we'll end up with some Borean Tundra mobs permanently scaling up to 110? Mob scaling has already crept into the old world. Can ilvl scaling be far behind? This needs to stop now. But it won't.
04/04/2017 07:06 AMPosted by Lucyfaithful
the new island is harder only because of scaling. not because blizzard actually put new mobs who hit harder and have more hp. on the ptr you could see it. but most people didnt realize it was because of scaling.

What.

Scaling is affected by the base difficulty you give mobs. Mobs on broken shore are harder than random mob in Highmountain. And that's before we go into scaling not affecting how hard mobs hit, only health(...currently).

Your statement isn't correct.
In order to be smarter, I am just telling you, you would need to be in the genius range.

This thread has turned to comedic gold.

I post when I am at work - it doesn't take my full attention. I occasionally do get drawn into discussions with idiots - what can I say.