PSA: Creatures now scale with item level #2

General Discussion
Prev 1 70 71 72 227 Next
04/04/2017 07:42 AMPosted by Nayaga
I would like to see a poll on how many MMO-Champion voters are current WoW customers.

• I Subscribe to WoW and participate in WoW-Polls
  • I Don't Subscribe to WoW and participate in WoW-Polls Anyways
  • I'm really trolling
  • Just Kidding, I'm not trolling
  • Pudding
  • 04/04/2017 07:45 AMPosted by Trallara
    I would like to see a poll on how many MMO-Champion voters are current WoW customers.

• I'm really trolling
  • Pudding

• Bit cynical, are we?

04/04/2017 07:39 AMPosted by Ghwene
    04/04/2017 07:10 AMPosted by Roxette

I post when I am at work - it doesn't take my full attention. I occasionally do get drawn into discussions with idiots - what can I say.

You are definitely not a genius. Real geniuses don't brag about being a genius on an online forum/thread.

Sure they do, because doing it IRL would only get them into even bigger trouble.

Believe me, I know this from experience.
    04/04/2017 07:45 AMPosted by Trallara

• I'm really trolling
  • Pudding
  • Can I pick two? I like pudding.
    04/04/2017 07:10 AMPosted by Roxette

I post when I am at work - it doesn't take my full attention. I occasionally do get drawn into discussions with idiots - what can I say.

You are definitely not a genius. Real geniuses don't brag about being a genius on an online forum/thread.

Well I didn't brag about being a genius but nice try. Although I have to wonder how you would know if they do or don't.

• I'm really trolling
  • Pudding

• That survey really bothers you guys doesn't it.
    04/04/2017 07:52 AMPosted by Roxette
  • I'm really trolling
  • Pudding

Doesn't bother me any. The demographic on MMO-Champ is so skewed. Like, the majority of them quit WoW years ago during Cataclysm.
    04/04/2017 07:44 AMPosted by Lunarfel
    If not ilvl scaling, someone needs to take a serious look at this game's systems and do an overhaul.

Example: In WotLK's first cycle, the ilvl growth between fresh 80 dungeon gear (200) and the best available in the patch (213) was a growth of 6%. Not saying with stat allocation that the power growth was only 6%, but just a for instance. With Legion, we have a range of ilvl 800 as a base to roughly 900+... an inflation of 12%+ if the stats were a linear growth, which they aren't... the budget is worse than that.

Yes, the system is flawed but that's another issue another thread.

Right now we are talking about ilvl scaling. You are just 1 example of OP AoE farming spec , what about fury warrior, tanks, healers, classes/specs that struggle from the start to end? The ilvl scaling is penalizing half of the classes and low ilvl.

If everyone starts with 900 ilvl, 1 click death to all mobs, we wouldn't be here, would we.

So we have to address the why it was implemented in another thread? This thread is just for complaining, not any discussion. Got it.

If you actually read my posts instead of editing them, you'd know I said I've done it on multiple toons... included are Fury Warr, whose AoE is hilariously good, Prot Warr (that's a tank), Prot Paladin (also a tank), Brewmaster Monk (I definitely don't know about tanks though), and Disc Priest (not a healer I guess).
    <span class="truncated">...</span>
  • I'm really trolling
  • Pudding

Not really, it's a waste of post space, even a simpleton would know that.
    That survey really bothers you guys doesn't it.

No? I just don't think that MMO-Champion polls should be taken as anything that says too much. Sure, there aren't any better numbers out there, but that doesn't mean you should trust those as gospel either.
    04/04/2017 07:55 AMPosted by Aladrath

Doesn't bother me any. The demographic on MMO-Champ is so skewed. Like, the majority of them quit WoW years ago during Cataclysm.

Yes the assumption is that they would still care enough to do WoW polls. If anything they would be inflating the extremes not the middle results.
    I just don't get why some people simply refuse to accept other people have opinions. If I state my opinion, its just that. I accept the opinions as to why it should stay. I see the points and some make sense. However In my opinion I don't want this change. I don't think I should need to defend myself from 3 people who simply cant understand that and feel the need to argue with everyone over 10,000 posts. I am not disputing any of your claims. I accept your opinion as just that. There really is no need for the aggression to respond to everyone that they are wrong. Just accept the fact that people see things differently and move on.
    04/04/2017 07:57 AMPosted by Trallara

No? I just don't think that MMO-Champion polls should be taken as anything that says too much. Sure, there aren't any better numbers out there, but that doesn't mean you should trust those as gospel either.

Especially since the majority of MMO-Champion forum posters don't even play WoW anymore, all they do is sit together and talk about how much better Vanilla, TBC, or Wrath were in comparison to what's out now.

Honestly I'm getting to the point where I legitimately feel they might have a point, but I didn't used to feel this way until Legion launched, not even during WoD -- though I did get some faint glimmerings.

04/04/2017 07:59 AMPosted by Roxette
    <span class="truncated">...</span>

Yes the assumption is that they would still care enough to do WoW polls. If anything they would be inflating the extremes not the middle results.

Maybe we should take another look at those results and start reading between the lines, put ourselves in their shoes.

Or maybe we should just disregard it as the useless information it is. *shrug* Up to you guys.

04/04/2017 07:59 AMPosted by Nanooka
    I just don't get why some people simply refuse to accept other people have opinions. If I state my opinion, its just that. I accept the opinions as to why it should stay. I see the points and some make sense. However In my opinion I don't want this change. I don't think I should need to defend myself from 3 people who simply cant understand that and feel the need to argue with everyone over 10,000 posts. I am not disputing any of your claims. I accept your opinion as just that. There really is no need for the aggression to respond to everyone that they are wrong. Just accept the fact that people see things differently and move on.

You speak sense.
    so i did a little testing using a 103 druid tank (really horrible gear) and a 110 Monk tank. so if the monk so much as touches the mob the druid is tanking the damage goes up somewhere between 10% and 20%. I did not test as grouped but as if a horde heroic raid geared had run by and tagged. this could be used as the ultimate grieving weapon of the last 5 years especially if the lower level char is tanking multiple mobs. scaling its a killer!
    I found some AP 750k and 500k and it says my weapon is to powerful?
    04/04/2017 08:02 AMPosted by Glorindal

Wrong forum for that, mate.
    04/04/2017 07:37 AMPosted by Light
    04/02/2017 10:26 AMPosted by Phumbles
    Poll on MMO-Champ: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2193945-iLvL-Scaling-Too-far-I-unsubbed-did-you-(Poll)/page25

Yes I don't like it, and it's enough to unsub
    167 11.32%

No I don't like it, but its not enough to unsub
    336 22.78%

No It doesn't or hasn't affected me
    715 48.47%

No I like it
    257 17.42%

Posting this as a favor to those who don't have time to read the downvoted post. In case you missed the 2nd reply to this thread because it was downvoted even though no opinion was attached to it.

Do you not understand why it was downvoted (aside from the fact that the poster is a troll)? MMO-C polls are wildly unscientific; you don't have to have an active WoW license to post there and vote in their polls.
    04/04/2017 07:51 AMPosted by Roxette

Well I didn't brag about being a genius but nice try. Although I have to wonder how you would know if they do or don't.

you said right near which is close enough.

Posted by Roxette
    I have an IQ right near the genius range so in order to be a lot smarter than me you would have to be a genius.
    04/04/2017 07:55 AMPosted by Aladrath
    Bingo. And people that play wow are not the only folks that have accounts on mmochump. League of legend players even admitted that they voted on that flight poll that they had on mmo chump back during the flight fiasco. A poll on that site proves nothing when even people that don't play this game can vote on it lol. Desperation when people resort to using some random poll from a 3rd party site to prove their crumbling argument lol.
    04/04/2017 08:05 AMPosted by Aladrath
    04/04/2017 08:02 AMPosted by Glorindal

Wrong forum for that, mate.

Sorry, my bad.
    04/04/2017 08:07 AMPosted by Glorindal
    you said right near which is close enough.

In fairness he wasn't the first one to start talking about how smart he was either.