PSA: Creatures now scale with item level #2

General Discussion
Prev 1 72 73 74 227 Next
04/04/2017 08:34 AMPosted by Trallara
04/04/2017 08:26 AMPosted by Dratharzul
Page 66, Post 9 where it all begins. It wasn't me.

He was definitely the first to insult you(...that I saw at least), but technically that's not the same thing as bragging about how smart you are!

<_<

But fair enough.

Cheers for checking that out for me :)
I wouldn't be surprised at this point. Many players have gone out of their way to reveal they own multiple accounts to threaten Blizzard with, so in likelihood use them for other onerous reasons.
Don't forget, both sides of the argument have the ability to "second vote", basically negates each other.

Either way, it's my opinion that "votes" from second accounts pales against the problems with the MMO polls.

note: this was a post by Nayaga, I didn't switch back to my posting toon.
04/04/2017 08:39 AMPosted by Dratharzul

He was definitely the first to insult you(...that I saw at least), but technically that's not the same thing as bragging about how smart you are!

<_<

But fair enough.

Cheers for checking that out for me :)

Let this be a lesson to everyone -- don't troll the troll.

You know, cos... troll is your character's race...

*drops mic and goes to get pizza rolls in shame*
04/04/2017 08:07 AMPosted by Glorindal
04/04/2017 07:51 AMPosted by Roxette

Well I didn't brag about being a genius but nice try. Although I have to wonder how you would know if they do or don't.

you said right near which is close enough.

Posted by Roxette
I have an IQ right near the genius range so in order to be a lot smarter than me you would have to be a genius.

Yes so, your statement was wrong.
04/04/2017 08:26 AMPosted by Dratharzul
Page 66, Post 9 where it all begins. It wasn't me.

<_<

But fair enough.

You need to look farther back in the thread maybe - that poster has been at it for days.
I posted in the previous thread before it was locked, and I have been keeping up on this thread though I am not much of a poster. I believe the only real way we can get through to them is to unsub and stop logging in with your remaining time. If you are on here posting in support of reversing this horrible design decision, stop playing the content. If they are reporting on a time played metric, reducing that number is the only way that will get through to them ultimately.
04/04/2017 08:41 AMPosted by Aladrath

You be messin' with da voodo mon?

Any pepperoni?

Sorry, back on topic: I don't think they'll rollback the ilvl scale now, I just hope it doesn't sneak in more and more. I think this thread is like the legacy server thread, just to keep us in one spot until we run out of steam. I think Blizzard has no intention of rolling it back.
04/04/2017 08:44 AMPosted by Tashina
I posted in the previous thread before it was locked, and I have been keeping up on this thread though I am not much of a poster. I believe the only real way we can get through to them is to unsub and stop logging in with your remaining time. If you are on here posting in support of reversing this horrible design decision, stop playing the content. If they are reporting on a time played metric, reducing that number is the only way that will get through to them ultimately.

I don't think they care about sub numbers anymore.

You be messin' with da voodo mon?

*le gasp* Never!

Any pepperoni?

How'd you guess?

Sorry, back on topic: I don't think they'll rollback the ilvl scale now, I just hope it doesn't sneak in more and more. I think this thread is like the legacy server thread, just to keep us in one spot until we run out of steam. I think Blizzard has no intention of rolling it back.

I don't either. They won't roll back CRZ, despite all the harm it does. They won't roll this back either. Hell they might end up doing exactly what Rager wants and implementing it everywhere because they think it's the best thing ever and COMPLETELY forgetting that they promised those of us who like going back and steamrolling old content that they'd never take that ability away from us.

Wouldn't surprise me.

At least I don't have to worry about this with Warcraft 3.
04/04/2017 08:40 AMPosted by Maheegen
I wouldn't be surprised at this point. Many players have gone out of their way to reveal they own multiple accounts to threaten Blizzard with, so in likelihood use them for other onerous reasons.
Don't forget, both sides of the argument have the ability to "second vote", basically negates each other.

Either way, it's my opinion that "votes" from second accounts pales against the problems with the MMO polls.

Then that's disingenuous. If there's potentially any deception at all, the data should not be used.

I don't quote the MMO poll because I know its crap; equally the voting system on this forum is just as dishonest.

The utmost both sides can do is argue their opinions without them, which is based on emotion. That is why the popular opinion is that it was more egregious that Blizzard lied, not because of the mechanic itself.
04/04/2017 08:43 AMPosted by Roxette
You need to look farther back in the thread maybe - that poster has been at it for days.

We all have. Some more than me. I first found the original thread when it was like 20 pages deep.

Don't deflect blame please. Pretty sure you appeared before I did as there was already contention.
04/04/2017 07:42 AMPosted by Nayaga
04/04/2017 07:39 AMPosted by Trallara
Polls on mmo-champ should obviously be taken with a grain of salt and shouldn't be relied on for anything terribly useful.

Someone should go make a poll on what people actually think scaling does. Because some people seem to have some severely mistaken understanding of how this system actually works.
I would like to see a poll on how many MMO-Champion voters are current WoW customers.

I'm not a poll but as a 10yr wow player I can tell you I've never been to the mmo-champ URL.

I just can't agree that ilevel scaling has helped a single player have a better experience in game, and the way it was unleashed is completely un-cool. It needs to be removed not adjusted.

/take it out
/now

That's been easy for me - I was already having motivation issues before the change. I've got about a month left before my sub expires, and I haven't done more than an hour of 7.2. Feels very weird, and not good. Maybe I'll actually finish Witcher 3?
04/04/2017 05:52 AMPosted by Akujack
Zone and item level scaling has to go, RNG would need to be dialed way back, purchasible flying at max level added back, dungeon and raid requirements for professions removed, CRZ removed, actual content given not the lack of hidden behind endless grinds, actually giving us what they promise.

Ditto.
04/04/2017 08:46 AMPosted by Aladrath

I don't think they care about sub numbers anymore.

I am aware of this. This is why I mentioned in my post that they are reporting on a time played metric. I was simply pointing out that logging in and playing after this implementation will only further strengthen their resolve to leave this in place.
04/04/2017 08:42 AMPosted by Roxette
04/04/2017 08:07 AMPosted by Glorindal

you said right near which is close enough.

Posted by Roxette
I have an IQ right near the genius range so in order to be a lot smarter than me you would have to be a genius.

Yes so, your statement was wrong.

Nope, as usual it is you who are wrong. You claimed to be near genius which is the same as claiming to be in the 0.1%. One or two points is irrelevant here,
04/04/2017 08:47 AMPosted by Dingo
I'm not a poll but as a 10yr wow player I can tell you I've never been to the mmo-champ URL.

I just can't agree that ilevel scaling has helped a single player have a better experience in game, and the way it was unleashed is completely un-cool. It needs to be removed not adjusted.

Exactly the same. Maybe visited MMO Champ once to see some gear sets that someone linked. I never frequent the site on my own volition. I'm an 11 year player, July '06.
04/04/2017 08:49 AMPosted by Dratharzul
04/04/2017 08:47 AMPosted by Dingo

Exactly the same. Maybe visited MMO Champ once to see some gear sets that someone linked. I never frequent the site on my own volition. I'm an 11 year player, July '06.

I used to go look at it only for the news page. Now I don't even do that.
04/04/2017 08:51 AMPosted by Aladrath

Just Wowhead now for quick quest help or whatever and Curse for the odd addon.
04/04/2017 08:53 AMPosted by Dratharzul
04/04/2017 08:51 AMPosted by Aladrath

Just Wowhead now for quick quest help or whatever and Curse for the odd addon.

Pretty much.

Well, technically I don't do these anymore either -- I uninstalled WoW a few days after the last time I tried playing Legion.
I believe the only real way we can get through to them is to unsub and stop logging in with your remaining time.

Agreed. I haven't logged in in nearly seven months even though I had prepaid for that time with tokens. I will not set foot in the game until "Zone and item level scaling has to go, RNG would need to be dialed way back, purchasible flying at max level added back, dungeon and raid requirements for professions removed, CRZ removed, actual content given not the lack of hidden behind endless grinds, actually giving us what they promise."