Most Underused Class in PvE

General Discussion
Not a whole lot of Warlocks out there, in general all specs. From my experience.
Brewmaster chiming in. Among all my alts, the Monk class hall is always the emptiest. To me, that speaks volumes.
04/10/2017 08:28 AMPosted by Aerbota
Very few folks play brewmaster monks. At least well.

It is the tank w/ the highest skill cap.

Heh I made my monk take the tanking artifact first. Hate it. Don't know what I'm doing and don't get the staggers and brews. I just face roll the keys.

I don't think I've ever seen a survival hunter or sub rogue. I think I've seen one affliction warlock. Not many arms warriors.
I personally havent made a monk because of my own butthurtedness towards MoP and I wonder if others feel the same way. I've since gotten over it recently and have found myself at 110 exploring MoP and wishing I hadn't written it off. I'll probably level up a monk next as I've heard such great things about BM and MW
04/10/2017 09:32 AMPosted by Vandal
Not many arms warriors

Almost every warrior was Arms prior to 7.1.5 and Nighthold coming out.

Now they all jumped on the Fury bandwagon.
The only time I see sub rogues is when I get ganked by them in wPVP.
I've Seen Prot Warriors and Sub Rogues the least probably, with Survival Hunters and BM Monks close behind.
According to RealmPop:
https://realmpop.com/us.html

The Monk is now the 2nd most underused class directly *ahead* of Demon Hunter.

Monks are also more played on the Alliance (ahead of Shaman & DH), while in the 2nd to last position for Horde.
If you don't see us, we are doing pve well.
I would say feral Druid. Rarely see them, most the time it's just boomkin for DPS.
04/10/2017 09:50 AMPosted by Rayzel
According to RealmPop:
https://realmpop.com/us.html

The Monk is now the 2nd most underused class directly *ahead* of Demon Hunter.

That's a little misleading though. You need to take the level slider and adjust it to at least 100, better to 110. By default it's level 0 to 110 for some reason and I guess it just takes everything and lumps it into a single pool. Since Demon Hunters start out at 100 there will obviously be fewer of them if you consider all the levels.

Adjusting to only 110s DHs are the most used class. Monks of course are the least.
I can't remember when was the last time I spotted those rare creatures known as Enhancement Shamans.
Not sure how accurate this is but, https://realmpop.com/us.html or here http://www.warcraftrealms.com/weeklyactivity.php
I was one of only a few survival hunters when I mained survival... I miss survival.

But hunters as a class are aplenty.

Rarest CLASS is probably monk, I can't remember the last time I grouped with one in five man content. Windwalkers, especially.
04/10/2017 09:17 AMPosted by Shudder
04/10/2017 09:07 AMPosted by Macávity

I've never understood this thinking. Maybe it 's just because Sub Rogue is more or less all I've ever mained in WoW, but I've never found it to be "complicated".

Ok, for most of Cataclysm it was complicated.

But as far as Legion goes, it's pretty straightforward. Maybe it just got a reputation for how it was in the past and that turns people off. I can remember it being pretty popular during the end of Cata and throughout Mists, though.

Sub is more complicated in relation to Mut for about equal damage output. I mean Sub does pull out ahead but a player has to put way more effort to get those numbers and they have to do the in and out of shadow dance right to do it.

Mut is a pretty straight forward deal and does good damage for way less effort.

I never really looked at it that way. I always saw Assassination as the poison spec and Sub as the scare-the-bejeepers-out-of-somebody-and-burst-them-down spec. I always preferred the latter, without really putting that much thought into it.

I guess that's why I stuck with the spec throughout all of its developmental changes.
Our class hall has people in it on Draka-suramar.
It's gotta be locks of some type. I swear there is never one there to summon.
My guild doesn't have a regular raiding DH lol. That's just us. I'd say rogue/monk are least played.
The lack of healers is real. Ranged DPS including locks are also far less abundant than they used to be but you can have a guild with 600+ toons and struggle to find 4-5 competent healers.