so chest exploiters get to fly early

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 9 Next
The simple fact that you *will* put up with this and keep paying them to play the game is exactly why they know they can get away with lackluster game design.

You're the abused in the abusive relationship and just like many of them, you have hopes that it won't be so bad tomorrow, so you take your beatings today. WoW's bad content is endured for the sake of the good content.

Take it from me, it's not worth disliking something you want to like so much. Unusb and come back a few months later. Honestly, I find WoW better 2 months at a time. (In this instance it's one month, but ya know, 7.2 lol)
04/07/2017 02:18 PMPosted by Gnomêrlock
04/07/2017 02:14 PMPosted by Marahas

Farming chests is not a exploit, joining groups is not a exploit. where the hell do you see a exploit.

The constant 24/7 loop holing GF / using a Mod to make it go much faster would be, why else would they nerf the source at which they were using to gain infinite rep?

ok so using a addon to find groups faster is a exploit? SOrry should we ban Group finder or make it so you can only join 5 groups a hour. You kinda either have to nerf the chests or remove group finder.
04/07/2017 02:20 PMPosted by Gnomêrlock
04/07/2017 02:19 PMPosted by Astrylan
it's not even an exploit you're just a bitter, salty !@# little $%^-*!

If it wasn't an exploit they wouldn't have nerfed the source of which they were using it for, so therefore it was an exploit according to Blizzard.

or *gasp* its not an exploit and they just wanted to slow the process down
If it wasn't an exploit they wouldn't have nerfed the source of which they were using it for, so therefore it was an exploit according to Blizzard.

exploits don't get nerfed. exploits get removed.
04/07/2017 02:14 PMPosted by Brahmina
Seriously? People are having fits because someone got flying before they did? What is this, kindergarten? If their ability to fly somehow made it impossible for me to get it, that would be different. But everyone will be able to fly once they complete the achievement. The Legion Flight Licenses are not limited to the first 500 or so players.

It has nothing to do with others having flying already. People are upset that blizzard nerfed the means in which others got flying. So the early farmers benefitted from farming in a way that is no longer available to others.
04/07/2017 02:14 PMPosted by Brahmina
Seriously? People are having fits because someone got flying before they did?

No, I think the actual rage is because it's 7 months into the expansion and we still can't fly.

Flying should have come with Pathfinder 1. The long delay after that was just the developers being spiteful and petty because management forced them to backpedal on their "no flying ever again" pledge in WoD.

And that should be the real reason to complain, not people getting flying earlier. Blizzard implements a feature to ruin the game experience of the players, and instead of removing the feature they ruin everyone game experience.
04/07/2017 02:24 PMPosted by Annastasi
It has nothing to do with others having flying already. People are upset that blizzard nerfed the means in which others got flying. So the early farmers benefitted from farming in a way that is no longer available to others.

Jealousy, in other words.

Sigh... Seriously? We don't even know if Blizz nerfed them. Hell, every time i see a chest, it has at least one other person running to it immediately. EVERYONE is rushing to get to revered, and EVERYONE is hunting chests, Server Hop or not. Chests simply aren't staying up long.

And IF they did nerf chest spawn rate, it's because they didn't like the frequency the chests were spawning. That's not the fault of the players who camped chests for hours.

If you got your challenge artifact skin, and Blizz suddenly decided "Warlock challenge is too easy. We're increasing difficulty" Would you gladly accept having your skin taken from you? Hell no! You got if fair and square! It's not your fault that Blizz suddenly decided to make something harder. Well... Same principle here.

If they thought it was an exploit then they would change the ToS to say "Addons can no longer automate the Premade Group finder in any way". But guess what?! That would mean Addons you probably use would be banned to, such as World Quest Group Finder.

Are you guys screaming "Exploit!" Ready to give up addons like WQGF? Didn't think so :)
04/07/2017 02:17 PMPosted by Årcheon
One question: WTF are these chests everyone is talking about? I have been all over Broken Shores for days and haven't seen one yet!
There used to be these chests that showed on the mini-map. Looting gave some coin and, I believe, some nethershards and Legionfall building resources. Maybe some other stuff. I got one or two. Whenever you turn in 100 resources to a building, you get 150 rep.

So people were farming the chests to get more resources to turn in, especially since there isn't much else to do on Broken Shores once you've done the world quests. There were more chests when the mage tower was up. Then Blizz drastically nerfed the chests, so, yeah there aren't many around any more.
Something about the term 'chest exploiters' sounds so naughty.
Friend of mine just gave me the addon files so I could see what is up with it. Thing is funny to use, i think i found my new "GTFO" addon for when i get ganked.
I don't care about the early farmers. I just want some way to get some damn rep. My toon has been sitting at deliverance point all afternoon. Nothing. Nothing at all. This is unacceptable.
04/07/2017 02:29 PMPosted by Nighdarke
I don't care about the early farmers. I just want some way to get some damn rep. My toon has been sitting at deliverance point all afternoon. Nothing. Nothing at all. This is unacceptable.

I have a rocket. You can group with me and fly around to find chest spawns if you like.
04/07/2017 02:28 PMPosted by Brahmina
There used to be these chests that showed on the mini-map. Looting gave some coin and, I believe, some nethershards and Legionfall building resources. Maybe some other stuff. I got one or two. Whenever you turn in 100 resources to a building, you get 150 rep.

They're still there, but not as many.

See, when the Mage Tower was active, one of the benefits was that MORE of those chests were available. Those new ones were called 'Veiled Wyrmtongue cache' and the regular ones are called 'Hidden Wyrmtongue cache.'

Basically when the Mage Tower was broken by the Legion, the Veiled chests disappeared and now people who weren't bothering to farm them while the Mage Tower was active are now mad that other people did that instead of working on the Challenge Mode scenarios and just basically hurling salt everywhere and rage-facing at everyone who has Flying now.
04/07/2017 02:31 PMPosted by Infernastorm
04/07/2017 02:28 PMPosted by Brahmina

They're still there, but not as many.

See, when the Mage Tower was active, one of the benefits was that MORE of those chests were available. Those new ones were called 'Veiled Wyrmtongue cache' and the regular ones are called 'Hidden Wyrmtongue cache.'

Basically when the Mage Tower was broken by the Legion, the Veiled chests disappeared and now people who weren't bothering to farm them while the Mage Tower was active are now mad that other people did that instead of working on the Challenge Mode scenarios and just basically hurling salt everywhere and rage-facing at everyone who has Flying now.

Guessing most of the population has a life outside of game which they need to go to something called work, and these things happen during the week where they can't get on?

Also I doubt GF was a tool to allow you to constantly farm in a secluded rich spawned area 24/7 as well.
04/07/2017 01:35 PMPosted by Bearycomo
Whose chest did they exploit ?

Realm hopping is abusing a system for the wrong reasons but if it was an exploit to take advantage of that system it would be removed. ( Or blocked by an instance per hour type of system)
But that is another argument for why CRZ cannot and will not be removed even if this realm hopping is out of control.

The rep will come. You will soon be able to fly and lose interest in wow just like everyone else.

Don't worry be happy :)

Nah they are fine with exploiting their CRZ tech, it has all the advantages of server mergers but without the PR nightmare of server mergers. Why would disable or change anything about it. They clearly know what we want, we just dont. Thats what blizzard told me.
04/07/2017 02:34 PMPosted by Gnomêrlock
Guessing most of the population has a life outside of game which they need to go to something called work, and these things happen during the week where they can't get on?

People with more time to play the game get rewards faster.

Film at 11.
I'm more amazed that I didn't hear about how to get this rep, which I would have ground out to revered no problem, until after it was unavailable. Blizzard sucks.