so chest exploiters get to fly early

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 9 Next
It's an exploit in so much as its a CRZ issue that was creatively used. If they had just gone down the route of proper merging (or even connected) when CRZ popped its ugly head into the world, this would be a non issue, instead we'd be upset about the meager way to get rep- its pretty much a time gate now.

Oh for additional fun, you may have gotten anywhere from 0-almost daily Legionfail rep token missions in your garrison er order hall mission table/tapesty/hologram. At 250 (275 DMF) those can give a big boost.
I didn't do it but it's not an exploit. That said the people who did do it and are posting on this thread are mostly degenerates which you can infer from reading their posts.
04/07/2017 02:38 PMPosted by Verbatim
I'm more amazed that I didn't hear about how to get this rep, which I would have ground out to revered no problem, until after it was unavailable. Blizzard sucks.

The Mage Tower description, that you get when you click on the thing to donate, literally says:

"Fel Treasures. Veiled Wyrmtongue Chests. The power of the Mage Tower pulses across the Broken Shore, revealing the lucrative Veiled Wyrmtongue Chests."

It's not Blizzard's fault that you didn't take 3 seconds and read it.
04/07/2017 01:34 PMPosted by Wushuu
I think the real problem the dev Team has with flight is that you basically swim in air. To me ever since I was the first one on my server to buy it and fly in TBC. I always wished it was more. I farmed pages in Silithis for weeks to get ready at 1 gold each it took thousands of pages.
It never made sense to me that, I could just hover no flap button nada.
If the dev team had any sense they would give in and make flying require skill. Change the physics so you could plummet to your doom, if you failed to flap. Add in wind currents, perches etc put in flying courses that require flapping and maneuvering to get through. Let the flight mechanic be like a glider plus emerald wind during the early part of expansions but instead the answer is always the laziest common denominator ... Remove flight. This is why the people dislike you DEV team zero effort to solve the problem, lies and deceit back in WoD. Guy this is your chance ! Make Flying Great Again !

I think you need to log out of WoW and play some Flappy Bird. A few hours of that will cure your desire for precision timed flapping to stay aloft. Also, this is a MMO game not a flight simulator. It's not realistic in most other ways either (dragons don't exist as a giant lizard would be too heavy to fly under just muscle power).
04/07/2017 02:38 PMPosted by Asbury
I didn't do it but it's not an exploit. That said the people who did do it and are posting on this thread are mostly degenerates which you can infer from reading their posts.

I am guilty of doing it, not to the extreme just for a few minutes to see what it was (friend linked me it). I will keep the addon for future use to avoid getting ganked (EMerald dream in a server known guild is death on sight).
04/07/2017 02:24 PMPosted by Tewa
04/07/2017 02:14 PMPosted by Brahmina
Seriously? People are having fits because someone got flying before they did?

No, I think the actual rage is because it's 7 months into the expansion and we still can't fly.

It really isn't that. It is the fact that some are getting flying a lot faster than others and the others are jealous. Some people always got flying faster than others but that is because they hit max level faster and it usually wasn't more than a day or two. Last expansion because of how they did it everyone basically got it the same day (I think - hope I am recalling that correctly - pretty sure it was a turn on the switch for something people got weeks prior).

This is the first time in the last 6 or more years that there is such a disparity of when people are getting this and it will take awhile for some people to adjust to that.
04/07/2017 02:52 PMPosted by Merdrin

It really isn't that. It is the fact that some are getting flying a lot faster than others and the others are jealous. Some people always got flying faster than others but that is because they hit max level faster and it usually wasn't more than a day or two. Last expansion because of how they did it everyone basically got it the same day (I think - hope I am recalling that correctly - pretty sure it was a turn on the switch for something people got weeks prior).

This is the first time in the last 6 or more years that there is such a disparity of when people are getting this and it will take awhile for some people to adjust to that.

How can you say this? Those with flying have had it at most 28 hours.
04/07/2017 02:55 PMPosted by Light
04/07/2017 02:52 PMPosted by Merdrin

How can you say this? Those with flying have had it at most 28 hours.

I don't get what you are saying - people can see the progress they are making on rep and some of them know it will be over a week before they get it and they resent the fact that some have it already.
04/07/2017 02:59 PMPosted by Merdrin
I don't get what you are saying - people can see the progress they are making on rep and some of them know it will be over a week before they get it and they resent the fact that some have it already.

The problem here is that people who knew that the Mage Tower was giving a boost to rep via the Veiled Caches and took advantage of it are now flying.

Well, it's not a problem, but people 'think' that it's a problem. People are salty and jealous.

The Mage Tower description, that you get when you click on the thing to donate, literally says:

"Fel Treasures. Veiled Wyrmtongue Chests. The power of the Mage Tower pulses across the Broken Shore, revealing the lucrative Veiled Wyrmtongue Chests."

It's not Blizzard's fault that you didn't take 3 seconds and read it.

I did read it and never found one. If anyone had said it was good rep I would have spent the 3 days doing that instead of going for my artifact skin.

The nether disruptor will add world bosses. Wait and see what that grants. Plus another 1500 on Tuesday for the next questline. And if you are horde, send me a tell and I will gladly fly you around to find chests.

Light, Blackhand
04/07/2017 03:01 PMPosted by Infernastorm

The problem here is that people who knew that the Mage Tower was giving a boost to rep via the Veiled Caches and took advantage of it are now flying.

Well, it's not a problem, but people 'think' that it's a problem. People are salty and jealous.

I agree that's what I said they are jealous. Some people are always going to play the game better than others and while I don't care for realm hopping for things like this, it isn't against any rules.
04/07/2017 03:02 PMPosted by Verbatim
I did read it and never found one. If anyone had said it was good rep I would have spent the 3 days doing that instead of going for my artifact skin.

I was literally stumbling across them, they were so common. I couldn't get any WQs done because I would see one, run to it, get it and see 'another' one over in the other direction.
04/07/2017 03:03 PMPosted by Light

The nether disruptor will add world bosses. Wait and see what that grants. Plus another 1500 on Tuesday for the next questline. And if you are horde, send me a tell and I will gladly fly you around to find chests.

Light, Blackhand

Oh I see what you mean - well there' s no real guarantee what rep those world bosses will give since the invasions gave rep on the PTR too.

But in any case my one toon has about 1500 rep left so I should get it if I am lucky this weekend.

I just meant all these threads today, most of them are getting made by people who think it will take them weeks to get. A good amount of them aren't even honored yet.
Just did a quick run around the shores and found 3 chests in one lap. Where are y'all getting that it was nerfed?

Are you guys not looking at your minimap or something?
04/07/2017 03:08 PMPosted by Necropheliaa
Just did a quick run around the shores and found 3 chests in one lap. Where are y'all getting that it was nerfed?

The Veiled Wyrmtongue Caches disappeared when the Mage Tower was completely broken.

The ones you see there are the normal ones called Hidden Wyrmtongue Caches.
04/07/2017 03:10 PMPosted by Infernastorm

The Veiled Wyrmtongue Caches disappeared when the Mage Tower was completely broken.

The Mage Tower just changed the name of hidden ones to veiled. Same chests, same locations, same spawn rate. They just gave more nethershards per chest.

SInce Thursday they have either nerfed it or there are just so many people farming them now that they dont stay up long at all.
04/07/2017 03:12 PMPosted by Faung
04/07/2017 03:10 PMPosted by Infernastorm

The Mage Tower just changed the name of hidden ones to veiled. Same chests, same locations, same spawn rate. They just gave more nethershards per chest.

SInce Thursday they have either nerfed it or there are just so many people farming them now that they dont stay up long at all.

I don't think so. There were definitely more Caches up when the Mage Tower was working. I remember before it went active, and there'd be a few here and there, but the Mage Tower definitely brought in a ton more.

When the tower was up you'd be tripping over chests in one cycle.
I was able to get 100-200 EXTRA war supplies from chests in one cycle.

It did say "Fel Treasure" buff.
04/07/2017 03:14 PMPosted by Infernastorm
04/07/2017 03:12 PMPosted by Faung

I don't think so. There were definitely more Caches up when the Mage Tower was working. I remember before it went active, and there'd be a few here and there, but the Mage Tower definitely brought in a ton more.

The two farming spots that I was using had the same amount of chests at them before and after, the names just changed. Maybe at other parts of the island it spawned more I suppose.