so chest exploiters get to fly early

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 9 Next
<span class="truncated">...</span>

They're still there, but not as many.

See, when the Mage Tower was active, one of the benefits was that MORE of those chests were available. Those new ones were called 'Veiled Wyrmtongue cache' and the regular ones are called 'Hidden Wyrmtongue cache.'

Basically when the Mage Tower was broken by the Legion, the Veiled chests disappeared and now people who weren't bothering to farm them while the Mage Tower was active are now mad that other people did that instead of working on the Challenge Mode scenarios and just basically hurling salt everywhere and rage-facing at everyone who has Flying now.

Guessing most of the population has a life outside of game which they need to go to something called work, and these things happen during the week where they can't get on?

Also I doubt GF was a tool to allow you to constantly farm in a secluded rich spawned area 24/7 as well.

Every point you try and make is shot down.

All of them.

You're relatively new since you only have the anniversary achievement from 2013.

Let me be as gentle but as honest as I can be.

You have a very limited knowledge of the game. You could have figured out how the game works in those 3 or so years but apparantley you didn't.

Stop arguing with people who have played longer and DO understand how the game works.

Realm hopping isn't an exploit.

Using addons isn't an exploit.

Spending far too much time farming when you should probably go out and socialize, exercise or do anything that isn't a video game isn't exploiting.

Got it?
04/07/2017 03:08 PMPosted by Necropheliaa
Just did a quick run around the shores and found 3 chests in one lap. Where are y'all getting that it was nerfed?

Are you guys not looking at your minimap or something?

3 chests is like 14 rep.
People who make up lame excuses why cheating and exploiting are okay can be assumed to cheat and exploit themselves.
04/07/2017 03:36 PMPosted by Soulofursoc
People who make up lame excuses why cheating and exploiting are okay can be assumed to cheat and exploit themselves.

People who mistake 'farming' for 'cheating' and 'exploiting' can be assumed to not understand what 'exploiting' and 'cheating' mean.
Yessir
I'm genuinely curious here. Were the chests implemented in a manner that was unintended? While it's frustrating to lose the high amount of rep they initially brought, isn't it only exploiting if people knowingly and wrongly used a loophole to achieve something? If people were simply doing the thing that blizzard implemented I'm not sure why they should be punished. Again, maybe I'm misunderstanding what happened- was it like a dupe type thing or...?
I have officially given up trying to be nice or help people who ask me how I got to revered, at this point I just don't respond and that is sad.

You can explain that it's mostly luck with mission table tokens combined with an unhealthy amount of farming (the last few days before hitting revered i know i farmed for 8+ hours a day...it was horrible.).

No tricks, no realm hopping, no magic chest exploit. Just loads of luck and farming. What you get in return is basically "nope you must be a cheater".

Whatever. It's pretty clear at this point that it's just people being angry with a horribly designed rep grind and taking it out on the ones who got lucky.

If you already have your mind made up that everyone but you is a cheater then stop making threads asking how people got flying before you.
04/07/2017 03:34 PMPosted by Verbatim
04/07/2017 03:08 PMPosted by Necropheliaa
Just did a quick run around the shores and found 3 chests in one lap. Where are y'all getting that it was nerfed?

Are you guys not looking at your minimap or something?

3 chests is like 14 rep.

People are claiming they're going hours without seeing any. I see 3 within less than 2 minutes of blindly running around.

Do you think those who farmed chests just opened a dozen chests and got revered? No they farmed chests for hours and hours and hours.
Just like with the AP fiasco where people were spamming the same WQ to get way more AP than was intended, I suspect the devs think it's just "too difficult" to roll back all the extra rep people got, so they simply fix the broken issue and move on to something else. Sucks for those of us that didn't get to take advantage, but that's how it goes.
bump for exposure, loved reading your responses guys
04/07/2017 01:34 PMPosted by Glavies
04/07/2017 01:32 PMPosted by Shockslayer
while the rest of us have to suffer and have to wait weeks on end behind a gate to get more rep.

This is not cool and not fair.

Hey wait wtf. That is NOT an exploit. If you are talking about server hopping, that !@#$ has been around for YEARS.

Not sure why this is getting downvoted.

Its not difficult, nor game exploitation to go ride around the shore, find chests, or server hop to find chests.

If anything, the chest farmers are just building the towers faster than they would if they were just doing LWQ's
04/07/2017 04:29 PMPosted by Necropheliaa
04/07/2017 03:34 PMPosted by Verbatim

3 chests is like 14 rep.

People are claiming they're going hours without seeing any. I see 3 within less than 2 minutes of blindly running around.

Do you think those who farmed chests just opened a dozen chests and got revered? No they farmed chests for hours and hours and hours.

Many people aren't really concerned about the chests because of how chests were handled since launch. Why open up a chest that will give a low amount of AP when you can wait until your max AK and get a ton? This is the mentality I had before (and after) I read about how people farmed for hours and hours for flying.

It really does nothing for them except to say "I flew before everyone else", which who cares? The majority of us will be there within a week, and then who will believe you? Why farm chests for hours and hours to the point of it being mind numbing for a few days of recognition before you're forgotten?
04/07/2017 03:24 PMPosted by Kuranna

Guessing most of the population has a life outside of game which they need to go to something called work, and these things happen during the week where they can't get on?

Also I doubt GF was a tool to allow you to constantly farm in a secluded rich spawned area 24/7 as well.

Every point you try and make is shot down.

All of them.

You're relatively new since you only have the anniversary achievement from 2013.

Let me be as gentle but as honest as I can be.

You have a very limited knowledge of the game. You could have figured out how the game works in those 3 or so years but apparantley you didn't.

Stop arguing with people who have played longer and DO understand how the game works.

Realm hopping isn't an exploit.

Using addons isn't an exploit.

Spending far too much time farming when you should probably go out and socialize, exercise or do anything that isn't a video game isn't exploiting.

Got it?

Translation:

Stop trying to tell us to stop cheating. You'd cheat too if you weren't so stupid.
They did exploit it. Lets look at the definition for the word exploit.

ex·ploit
verb
verb: exploit; 3rd person present: exploits; past tense: exploited; past participle: exploited; gerund or present participle: exploiting
ikˈsploit/

make full use of and derive benefit from (a resource).
"500 companies sprang up to exploit this new technology"
synonyms: utilize, harness, use, make use of, turn/put to good use, make the most of, capitalize on, benefit from; informalcash in on
"we should exploit this new technology"

So, to exploit is to take full advantage of something. What did they take full advantage of? Realm Hopping. AND the over population of boxes that Blizzard did not intend.

Therefore, they exploited. Not in the typical sense, but they did use a feature to its full advantage.

My point is, IF IT WAS OK FOR US TO DO THIS, THEN WHY DID BLIZZARD NERF THE SPAWNS. HMMM?

IF IT WAS OK FOR US TO USE THE SYSTEM TO ITS FULLEST EXTENT, WHY CAN WE NOT DO IT NOW?
04/07/2017 07:30 PMPosted by Mailborn
They did exploit it. Lets look at the definition for the word exploit.

ex·ploit
verb
verb: exploit; 3rd person present: exploits; past tense: exploited; past participle: exploited; gerund or present participle: exploiting
ikˈsploit/

make full use of and derive benefit from (a resource).
"500 companies sprang up to exploit this new technology"
synonyms: utilize, harness, use, make use of, turn/put to good use, make the most of, capitalize on, benefit from; informalcash in on
"we should exploit this new technology"

So, to exploit is to take full advantage of something. What did they take full advantage of? Realm Hopping. AND the over population of boxes that Blizzard did not intend.

Therefore, they exploited. Not in the typical sense, but they did use a feature to its full advantage.

My point is, IF IT WAS OK FOR US TO DO THIS, THEN WHY DID BLIZZARD NERF THE SPAWNS. HMMM?

IF IT WAS OK FOR US TO USE THE SYSTEM TO ITS FULLEST EXTENT, WHY CAN WE NOT DO IT NOW?

The way exploit is used in video games does not match that definition. In video games it is to take advantage of a bug or unintended mechanic in a game. It would be exploiting if unlike the intended respawn time the chest were on instant spawn and you just sat there grabbing chest.

Blizzard likely did not think people would take the time to mass far chest so the spawns were left at a slightly higher rate but you got to remeber the mage tower was also contributing chest at the time.

Regardless of if blizzard decided their spawn rate was slightly too high farming and grinding are not exploits or cheating.
04/07/2017 01:38 PMPosted by Marvolo
What exactly is this exploit? I don't understand it.

Also, what is a Horcrux? Purely educational.

The Horcrux is a McGuffin.
I see people flying before me. I done all I could even farm chest.

If they have it before I do. It is clearly they exploited,
The way exploit is used in video games does not match that definition. In video games it is to take advantage of a bug or unintended mechanic in a game.

Did they or did they not take advantage of a system that was not meant to be used in this manner?

Tell me, what is the purpose of a premade group finder? TO FIND GROUPS FOR CONTENT. For dungeons, raids or quests. IT WAS NEVER meant to be used so one person can hop around. It CAN be used in that fashion, but that is not what it was INTENDED for. Ergo, that bold portion is 100% accurate in this situation.

They used a mechanic in a way that was unintended.
Realm hopping has been in game for a long long time. If it was an exploit they would have made it impossible to hop and made the add-on cease to exist. Since they have not it is safe to say its not against TOS
04/07/2017 07:48 PMPosted by Holythrust
Realm hopping has been in game for a long long time. If it was an exploit they would have made it impossible to hop and made the add-on cease to exist. Since they have not it is safe to say its not against TOS

Again, realm hopping is NOT THE INTENDED USE of the Premade Group Finder OR WQGF. It was meant to be used to find groups to PLAY WITH. IT WAS NEVER MEANT FOR ONE PERSON TO HOP AROUND REALMS. THEREFORE THEY EXPLOITED A GAME FEATURE IN A WAY THAT WAS NOT INTENDED.