so chest exploiters get to fly early

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 Next
There was no cheating. Realm hopping has been in the game for years, it's a great way to farm battle pets and mounts.

Chests spawn, get all of them on your server, go to a different server, repeat. You could do that for literally years.

Sorry you didn't get in on it, but it's not cheating.
04/07/2017 07:50 PMPosted by Mailborn
Again, realm hopping is NOT THE INTENDED USE of the Premade Group Finder OR WQGF. It was meant to be used to find groups to PLAY WITH. IT WAS NEVER MEANT FOR ONE PERSON TO HOP AROUND REALMS. THEREFORE THEY EXPLOITED A GAME FEATURE IN A WAY THAT WAS NOT INTENDED.

Logic does not work with them.
04/07/2017 07:48 PMPosted by Holythrust
Realm hopping has been in game for a long long time. If it was an exploit they would have made it impossible to hop and made the add-on cease to exist. Since they have not it is safe to say its not against TOS

Well you can't download the addon anymore, and people never really realm hopped to farm anything that was in a secluded area as long as this patch has.
04/07/2017 07:50 PMPosted by Mailborn
04/07/2017 07:48 PMPosted by Holythrust
Realm hopping has been in game for a long long time. If it was an exploit they would have made it impossible to hop and made the add-on cease to exist. Since they have not it is safe to say its not against TOS

Again, realm hopping is NOT THE INTENDED USE of the Premade Group Finder OR WQGF. It was meant to be used to find groups to PLAY WITH. IT WAS NEVER MEANT FOR ONE PERSON TO HOP AROUND REALMS. THEREFORE THEY EXPLOITED A GAME FEATURE IN A WAY THAT WAS NOT INTENDED.

AND? ILL TYPE IN CAPS TOO CAUSE IT'S CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL. ITS STILL IN GAME. ITS NOT AGAINST TOS OR BLIZ QOULD HAVE BANNED THOUSANDS AND THOUSAND AND THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE. YES PEOPLE HOP TO FARM FASTER, BLAME BLIZ FOR MAKING CHESTS THE ONLY WAY TO GRIND OUT THE REP.

BLIZ COULD BLOCK IT, THEY HAVEN'T. BLIZ COULD BAN FOR IT, THEY AREN'T. IT SUCKS WE CANT FLY BUT HOPPERS AREN'T THE PROBLEM. ACTIBLIZ AND THEIR RNG GATING IS.
04/07/2017 07:46 PMPosted by Mailborn
The way exploit is used in video games does not match that definition. In video games it is to take advantage of a bug or unintended mechanic in a game.

Did they or did they not take advantage of a system that was not meant to be used in this manner?

No. Simply put the chest gave out resources with the intent you could turn them in for rep and AP. The better question would be did blizzard intend the dedication some people would have to get flying?

Tell me, what is the purpose of a premade group finder? TO FIND GROUPS FOR CONTENT. For dungeons, raids or quests. IT WAS NEVER meant to be used so one person can hop around. It CAN be used in that fashion, but that is not what it was INTENDED for. Ergo, that bold portion is 100% accurate in this situation.

They used a mechanic in a way that was unintended.

Not everyone server jumped so this is 2 different groups let that sink in first.

Second the server jumping group are taking advantage of a system so exploit could be said of that except for the fact this has been a long known issue. If blizzard sees no reason to fix this issue that has been ongoing since at least WoD then you can't blame people for using it you even have grounds to claim it intentional.
04/07/2017 07:50 PMPosted by Thrasius
There was no cheating. Realm hopping has been in the game for years, it's a great way to farm battle pets and mounts.

Chests spawn, get all of them on your server, go to a different server, repeat. You could do that for literally years.

If there was no cheating involved why is it that the addon was taken down and you cannot download it anymore?
Yeah if blizz gave us something else to do in the patch that was worth doing, we would be doing that. Guess what? They didnt
04/07/2017 07:53 PMPosted by Gnomêrlock
If there was no cheating involved why is it that the addon was taken down and you cannot download it anymore?

Cross realm Assist is still up and running. Does the exact same functions. And this is if people really don't understand that just cause its not on curse.com doesn't mean its gone.
But daaaaaaaaaad it's not faaaaaaaaaaair. Good job on sounding like a bunch of 4-year olds.
you people are way to god damned worked up over a few days worth of being behind on something that doesn't even affect your character power.
04/07/2017 07:56 PMPosted by Itharrimar
you people are way to god damned worked up over a few days worth of being behind on something that doesn't even affect your character power.

Few days? LMAO oh how clueless.
This game and the dev team are out of their minds! I am soooooo peeved off!!!

I have to grind rep yet once again? Suramar was so painful and such a fail it took all my strength to finally get through that waste of time. I usually read the quests but not suramar. What a kick in the groin.

And now i have to grind rep to fly?

I honestly think i might just quit. This is stupid.
I'm not sure that realm hopping is an exploit. If someone wants to spend their day realm hopping and finding chests (which sounds horribly tedious), then more power to them.

They weren't doing anything wrong by utilizing the system in place. It's no different than the people that realm hop to look for herbs or rare battle pets.

I'm personally only like 120 into honored but it's not Blizzard's fault. I've only done like 5 WQs.

04/07/2017 08:00 PMPosted by Blunta
This game and the dev team are out of their minds! I am soooooo peeved off!!!

I have to grind rep yet once again? Suramar was so painful and such a fail it took all my strength to finally get through that waste of time. I usually read the quests but not suramar. What a kick in the groin.

And now i have to grind rep to fly?

I honestly think i might just quit. This is stupid.

We knew going in that pathfinder part 2 would have a rep requirement. What were you expecting?

I mean, I don't like that the only way to get rep is the chests and WQs, but I wasn't expecting to get flight just by showing up.
04/07/2017 08:08 PMPosted by Aldên
We knew going in that pathfinder part 2 would have a rep requirement. What were you expecting?

I mean, I don't like that the only way to get rep is the chests and WQs, but I wasn't expecting to get flight just by showing up.

What was we expecting?

Mobs to kill for rep.

The way they handle this, My dog could design content better.
Saw a dude flying yesterday. I heard they realm hop to do more than the five dailies???

The rest of us will get it in a few days. It is kinda crazy tho the stuff ppl will do to get a little bit ahead of everyone else.
They weren't doing anything wrong by utilizing the system in place.

What is the name of the system? OH YEA ITS CALLED Premade GROUP finder, NOT Premade Realm Hopper.

I had expected something closer to the saberstalkers of Wod. Can do dalies/weekly for rep or grind it out in groups. Invasions giving rep on the PTR made it seem like it wasn't going to be too bad. But that was yet another undocumented nerf.

4-6 WQ a day for 75 rep each (300-450 rep), maybe 1-2 turn ins a day (150-300) is a bit sad and that's if you are super on top of it and don't miss any. Then you have the RNG added in the order hall where you may get a rep token for 250 rep or some legionfall supplies but no guarantee.
04/07/2017 07:53 PMPosted by Gnomêrlock
04/07/2017 07:50 PMPosted by Thrasius

Server Hop got "taken down" because it's no longer supported. It hasn't been since 6.1.

Cross Realm Assist is basically Server Hop, and it's still on Curse.

Oh and Curse is not owned by Blizzard.
This thread is not as naughty as anticipated.
Everything in this expansion is horribly time gated to cover for the fact that there is not much content. It's just that simple.