Artifact Knowlege Bug?

Bug Report
Prev 1 8 9 10 17 Next
Having the same issue as well, it will be two days before 23 is even completed. I understand maybe them attacking the issues in Nighthold first, since it affeceted more players ( I got to experience that on Trilliax) but to say this is how its was designed is a Cop out. If this is how it was designed, give a decent explantion as to why. This patch was marketed as a catch up for everyone, now im more behind than I have been in weeks. I want to be able go raid with my guild and help them progress, not act as an anchor. I really hope they care enough to at least give a decent explanation, because this is incredibly frustrating.
This is Game Master Wrastrykt. I know how important getting that artifact knowledge can be for the quest and artifact power, and I bet it's pretty disappointing and annoying being set back like this :/ I recently switched mains, and I'm in the same situation of being behind my guild now.

As for the artifact knowledge research, they do not auto complete. The older artifact knowledge catch up mechanics have been bumped to 25, but the patch did not autocomplete artifact knowledge work orders :x

Good news! The quest to increase your artifact knowledge level should be available once your total artifact knowledge level is 25. If the quest isn't available, then I do suggest submitting a bug report so we can clear that up for you.

Some better news, the questline to gain additional artifact knowledge is not needed to continue into the new content or even get your new artifact traits. To enter the new content, you do need a total of 25 artifact knowledge, but this does include the work orders pending. So you should be all set to progress with everyone else! :D

This isn't the best of news, but I do want to thank you for your patience and understanding. If you have any other questions or concerns regarding this issue, please let us know.

I hope you have a nice day! ^-^

I'm specifically focusing on this line: "As for the artifact knowledge research, they do not auto complete. The older artifact knowledge catch up mechanics have been bumped to 25, but the patch did not autocomplete artifact knowledge work orders."

We all know, of course, that this is utter hogwash. Which means now they've taken to flat out lies in their own defense.
Same position on this character, waiting for ak 25 to complete. Decide to log on another character in the meantime. He had ak 23 sitting completed when I logged in from a couple weeks ago. Picked it up, learned it......can't buy 24 and 25, tells me to go talk to khadgar. Khadgar of course doesnt offer the quest because I am not 25. Can't even start 24 and 25 like you could normally before 7.2. I have had 2 tickets open, one for each character, for a combined 30 hours with no response to either.
Same position on this character, waiting for ak 25 to complete. Decide to log on another character in the meantime. He had ak 23 sitting completed when I logged in from a couple weeks ago. Picked it up, learned it......can't buy 24 and 25, tells me to go talk to khadgar. Khadgar of course doesnt offer the quest because I am not 25. Can't even start 24 and 25 like you could normally before 7.2. I have had 2 tickets open, one for each character, for a combined 30 hours with no response to either.
03/29/2017 01:28 PMPosted by Orm
Some better news, the questline to gain additional artifact knowledge is not needed to continue into the new content or even get your new artifact traits.

That's incorrect information. My hunter is at AK24 with the 25th in progress and I don't have the questline to refund my weapon (which is sitting at 35 or 36) and no matter what I tried I couldn't get the quest to show up. Pretty sure it is gated behind AK25 as well, if others could test this and let me know please do in case I need to submit another ticket using this as proof.
When you go to open a ticket in game and click on "Wow 7.2 common issues", listed under "Quest- Knowledge is Power" it says "Investigating: Players who have pending Artifact Research are unable to start another one for this quest. Our development team is aware of and investigating this issue."

So at least they acknowledge that the bug exists.
Just logged in and my 25th note was completed (had a day left on it after I logged out this morning)
I'm bugged at 24
My character is stuck at AK 24, WITHOUT any other scrolls being researched, and Khadgar doesn't have the quest for me.. So as of right now I cannot progress at all when it comes to Artifact Knowledge. And before any asks, no, I don't have a scroll in my bag or bank.
Was stuck at 24 and just completely exited the game, came back and went to check my class hall and my artifact knowledge auto competed. Yay, thanks Blizz
YES ITS FIXED
Fixed now on my end, I went to my class hall as well and was able to pick up the order I needed to get to 25.

Hopefully everyone else has it fixed!
F. U. C. K. You blizzard for lying to me for over 24 hours. Saying it was intended.
Thank you Blizzard, though a blue post acknowledging it would be fixed probably would have been a good idea. But regardless, we are able to progress on our new mains and alts now. So thanks!
03/29/2017 03:16 PMPosted by Keylynn
Thank you Blizzard, though a blue post acknowledging it would be fixed probably would have been a good idea. But regardless, we are able to progress on our new mains and alts now. So thanks!

Just want this to be known, try going and getting your ak 24-25. It should be fixed by now, a lot of people who were having this issue has reported its been fixed with or without a ticket submit. :)
Can confirm, logged in just now and 2/2 research finished. when i logged of it was 0/2
Just logged in and this is NOT fixed for me

I think it might because I'm at AK24 and have 2 pending orders... I guess I wasn't supposed to do that, but the companion app let me so...
I am still stuck at 24 with no research going on. I can not buy up to 25 it doesn't exist. I am pretty sure I bought 3 yesterday and only received 2 notes. Nothing is in my bags. I logged out and in. Left Dal and came back and still nothing. Ticket open for 17 hours and nothing from a GM yet.
Just wanted to confirm that this was hotfixed a couple of hours ago.

Coming into the new patch, there were people who were at Artifact Knowledge 23 and had two 3-day work orders queued. In the worst case, they would have had to wait up to 6 days to move on.

We fixed this by causing those work orders to instantly complete when you zone into your Class Order Hall. You should now be able to hop in there, pick them up, and become ‘unstuck’ in the progression.

We apologize for the confusion.