Legion Assaults Removed from Pathfinder

General Discussion
1 2 3 23 Next
We’ve heard a lot of feedback and it’s clear to us that the cyclical Assaults schedule, and the design of the “do all 4” achievement for Pathfinder, weren’t compatible.

World Quests come and go all the time during the day too, while people are at work or asleep, and it’s not a big deal because they’re largely interchangeable. But that would change if we had an achievement required for Pathfinder that asked you to do a specific checklist of world quests. A lot of the stress and concern about “missing” individual Assaults is tied to this achievement, so we’re removing the achievement from Pathfinder via hotfix.

Once this hotfix is active, you will only need to reach Revered with the Armies of Legionfall and fully explore the Broken Shore to earn Legion flying.
Nice for those of us who have to work
I'm interested to hear why you guys decided to make the invasions on this schedule actually... It strikes me as a fair bit odd, especially as the older version of it was done differently.

I mean, there have been suggestions of 12-24 hour duration and just doing one a day... But that doesn't seem to be in the cards. Is there something we're missing, Ornyx? Or maybe just a decision to try something new and see how it went?

Edit: Addressed in the patch notes.
Cool. I'll still do the Assaults anyway, but this is bound to make a lot of people happy. And to everyone who already has Revered with Legionfall... happy flying!
Wow, I didn't expect you to do something so dramatic, but thanks for listening to the feedback.
A good change. But wouldnt it have been better to just make the invasions come more often?
This really was an important issue with people due to the RNG factor along with the idea of never knowing when they would happen. It is absolutely fantastic that you guys made this change due to player concerns. We all know that flying will be common in the next week or two regardless of this change, but it still allows for a calm and relaxing gameplay rather than it being anxious and emotional. Much appreciated, Blizzard.
wow
Props for listening to the community and seeing reason, those of us not able to make those 6 hour windows are very greatful.
Thanks for the change. Appreciated
04/05/2017 07:04 PMPosted by Ornyx
We’ve heard a lot of feedback and it’s clear to us that the cyclical Assaults schedule, and the design of the “do all 4” achievement for Pathfinder, weren’t compatible.

World Quests come and go all the time during the day too, while people are at work or asleep, and it’s not a big deal because they’re largely interchangeable. But that would change if we had an achievement required for Pathfinder that asked you to do a specific checklist of world quests. A lot of the stress and concern about “missing” individual Assaults is tied to this achievement, so we’re removing the achievement from Pathfinder via hotfix.

Once this hotfix is active, you will only need to reach Revered with the Armies of Legionfall and fully explore the Broken Shore to earn Legion flying.

Oh Sweet Jebus.... Thank You!
what? thats all we have to do? I mean ok cool less work but why not just make the assaults happen more often?
04/05/2017 07:04 PMPosted by Ornyx

04/05/2017 07:07 PMPosted by Tyberim
A good change. But wouldnt it have been better to just make the invasions come more often?
This

I enjoyed the only time I did the invasion quest chain last night, it's well done. but the problem it's the schedule.

I managed to catch it with one hour remaining last night, and I thought I'd do it again tonight... then I found out there one be one till after I usually go to bed, and I'm a night owl.

Just make it so they happen more often at least.
You mean, Blizz actually did something we asked without subbing in their own idea or compromise? I had nearly given up hope!

I know things still need work, but this is an improvement for many of us who only messed with assaults for Pathfinder 2
I'm happy to see this change as being around at the right time doesn't always happen. If the invasions lasted longer, it might have worked out better for players.
Still need rep, assaults give the most rep upon completion (I'm getting 1650 per as human), hence still best to do assaults to get flying.

You've accomplished nothing with this.
Are you still going to need to complete a Legion Assault as part of the Warlock class mount quest chain?
04/05/2017 07:14 PMPosted by Ciryn
Still need rep, assaults give the most rep upon completion (I'm getting 1650 per as human), hence still best to do assaults to get flying.

You've accomplished nothing with this.

It was my understanding the rep only came once from a quest from Maiev.
Blizz actually listened? >_>

Well, guess now we have to farm wyrmtongue chests for rep, lmao.

Though I really wish they'd add legionfall rep to invasions either way.
Thank you.