Legion Assaults Removed from Pathfinder

General Discussion
Prev 1 17 18 19 23 Next
Can we have a developer official response to learning their lesson on this failed patch and pathfinder 2?

Can we have a promise that this type of "in your face player, we don't think of you when we make content" will not happen in the future?
Thanks guys :)
04/06/2017 08:45 AMPosted by Meistar
I remember during BC you could only fly when you: A) had the Netherwing Rep and B) had the gold to purchase it.

It took a while for people to get it.

Let's not mention that it took people forever in Vanilla to get basic ground mounts.

I get that people were upset about the invasion times and the rep required for it, but if you hit the map while you are at the Broken Shore you'll see that there are more chapters to be opened for the Broken Shore quest chains, and I am certain rep will come from those as well.

Eventually Blizz has to figure out how easy they want to make content. Or how many handouts they want to give.

actually you needed flying to continue the Netherwing rep after neutral. You got neutral after a small quest line. You didn't need that rep to get flying.

Kind of hard to a rep grind on an island you had to fly to if you had to do the rep grind to get flying.
Since the invasions all required a scenario as the last step. Why didn't you make the invasions all day long and just put in a 1 day lockout on the scenario part?
Sometimes I don't think you folks get what the concern is on an issue. The problem was from content being unavailable to a decent portion of your user base. Neat, you removed it from the meta. Personally, I don't care about the meta. I just wanted something like the pre-invasion where it was obtainable through out the day. That would have been the logical decision, not just deleting an achievement requirement.
plus the invasions so fr have been buggy at least for me and a few others like yesterday's in val'shara were one didnt get credit for the senario quest and had to redo it but had to use avianna's gliding buff to reach were the npc to restart the senario was sence jarod was on a freaking roof
Thank you very much as many if not most players do have jobs and are not able to borrow mommys credit card and sit at the computer 24/7 waiting for invasions.
Hotfix must not be live cause I have all requirements done but still can not fly.
Will the hot-fix be in 11 weeks, perchance?

*Edit*

Perhaps that comment was a bit snarky on my part but I can only put that down to the continued and growing dissatisfaction with the direction of the game and ongoing poor communication from the team.

I feel that lessons are not being learned.
04/06/2017 09:17 AMPosted by Sabipaladin
04/06/2017 08:45 AMPosted by Meistar
I remember during BC you could only fly when you: A) had the Netherwing Rep and B) had the gold to purchase it.

It took a while for people to get it.

Let's not mention that it took people forever in Vanilla to get basic ground mounts.

I get that people were upset about the invasion times and the rep required for it, but if you hit the map while you are at the Broken Shore you'll see that there are more chapters to be opened for the Broken Shore quest chains, and I am certain rep will come from those as well.

Eventually Blizz has to figure out how easy they want to make content. Or how many handouts they want to give.

actually you needed flying to continue the Netherwing rep after neutral. You got neutral after a small quest line. You didn't need that rep to get flying.

Kind of hard to a rep grind on an island you had to fly to if you had to do the rep grind to get flying.

You're right, thanks :) I'll edit, it's been so long lol.
Thanks for the responsiveness to user concerns, and to those who [bleep] and moan because Blizzard doesn't get everything perfect the first time with respect to rewards and achievements with only PTR for wide-scale testing.... puh-lease. I'm willing to bet you're not perfect, either. Compared to most institutions with which any of us deal, Blizzard is being way more responsive and considerate. Here's to them.
I've still not done an invasion....and likely may not today either.
I dunno.
I still say the better way to have implemented this would have been to use the existing pre-launch invasion zones and award legionfall rep for killing stuff there. You could have even made it small rep gains, not to mention the catch-up exp boost for lower level players. Once you got all of the issues worked out on those invasions, they were always busy, and were a hoot to be part of. Player interaction, like in years past. They would be packed today. But instead, you tried copying them over to the new zones, found that they interfere with existing max level content, and are buggy. Nevermind that they were time gated. In this case, re-using content would have been the better choice, IMO.
Ironic, if I hadn't missed 2 invasion due to needing sleep or needing an income to survive, I'd already be revered. Cause you know, the invasions give a ton of rep, which is still required.
I can fly! Thanks Blizz!
Not complaining...but I love how the answer to complaints was to just remove it as a meta requirement instead of fixing the issue people had with the oddball timers on them.
hopefully you will continue to let the ppl that can do the assults do them so we can at least get some bonus LEgionfall rep out of it, so that you guys didnt waste all that time developing all that content for nothing
04/05/2017 07:04 PMPosted by Ornyx
We’ve heard a lot of feedback and it’s clear to us that the cyclical Assaults schedule, and the design of the “do all 4” achievement for Pathfinder, weren’t compatible.

World Quests come and go all the time during the day too, while people are at work or asleep, and it’s not a big deal because they’re largely interchangeable. But that would change if we had an achievement required for Pathfinder that asked you to do a specific checklist of world quests. A lot of the stress and concern about “missing” individual Assaults is tied to this achievement, so we’re removing the achievement from Pathfinder via hotfix.

Once this hotfix is active, you will only need to reach Revered with the Armies of Legionfall and fully explore the Broken Shore to earn Legion flying.

You are absolutely delusional in your comparison between World Quests and Assaults. Look at a World Quest timer for once, you can see it lasts well beyond 4 hours. I for one AM NOT doing the assaults for the flying. I am doing them because the nether shards are helping me with upgrades that I NEED that World Quests do not offer. An 875 geared player needs 880 items, not 855 or 860.

It is a US server, and you have events like this running when most players are at work or in school. BRILLIANT. Only a neckbeard will be able to do these daily.

On behalf of the people that are employed or go to school that will miss out on most chances to get gear or items that will help upgrade gear, THANK YOU... actually there is a word more fitting than thank, but that would make some people cry.
04/06/2017 10:31 AMPosted by Bëartron
Not complaining...but I love how the answer to complaints was to just remove it as a meta requirement instead of fixing the issue people had with the oddball timers on them.

There was really only one way to fix it and it involved phasing which they clearly are trying to avoid these days. Changing the time slots only helped a certain amount of people, it didn't help everyone. Extending the duration kept us from being able to do the normal world quests in that zone for the duration. What they could have done is give us a daily quest at Vengeance point, which sent us to a zone that is being invaded and gave us 2 or so hours to repel it. That person would be phased for the duration.

That way we can all work at our own pace, the experience doesn't change from what it currently is, we keep the meta achievement toward flying, and everyone gets to participate in the invasion for fun and for the rep boost.
You are absolutely delusional in your comparison between World Quests and Assaults. Look at a World Quest timer for once, you can see it lasts well beyond 4 hours. I for one AM NOT doing the assaults for the flying. I am doing them because the nether shards are helping me with upgrades that I NEED that World Quests do not offer. An 875 geared player needs 880 items, not 855 or 860.

I also thought their comparison to a single world quests was completely ridiculous, not the same in the slightest. They are more similar to emissary caches, you need to do 4 world quests to complete them and they give a reward for completing them. Good thing about emissary caches is you have 3 days.

Only thing worse than a bad idea is trying to justify it with a bad example.