So, nethershard farming...

General Discussion
Is this worthwhile if you don't particularly care about those armor tokens? I suppose the epic ones can war/titan forge up to 880 or something but... meh.
Well, if you accumulate enough of them you can grab one of the things you use to craft legendaries. Which can be sold on the AH. So there may be something in it for you.
Its a broken experience right now. Faction tags that we havent had to deal with since before Timeless Isle, broken mechanics with mobs and enemy density that is laughable when you are farming alone and insane when the ship comes.

There was zero thought put into this place.

The gear and rewards to get from farming is middling at best. At least if they made some interesting transmog gear and pets maybe this could have been seen as worth it. As is, its for alts and people playing catch up. Sadly its lacking what made Timeless isle and to a much, much lesser extent Tanan better experiences.
03/28/2017 04:41 PMPosted by Crepe
Well, if you accumulate enough of them you can grab one of the things you use to craft legendaries. Which can be sold on the AH. So there may be something in it for you.

Noted. Although right now I'm sitting on $250+ Battle.net funny-money so the appeal isn't too large for me.

03/28/2017 04:42 PMPosted by Happyellen
Its a broken experience right now. Faction tags that we havent had to deal with since before Timeless Isle, broken mechanics with mobs and enemy density that is laughable when you are farming alone and insane when the ship comes.

Yeah, the zerg on my server/CRZ is pretty huge in favor of Alliance. I joined a Horde group via the custom finder but it doesn't seem particularly worthwhile.
03/28/2017 04:43 PMPosted by Asbury
03/28/2017 04:41 PMPosted by Crepe

Noted. Although right now I'm sitting on $250+ Battle.net funny-money so the appeal isn't too large for me.

03/28/2017 04:42 PMPosted by Happyellen

Yeah, the zerg on my server/CRZ is pretty huge in favor of Alliance. I joined a Horde group via the custom finder but it doesn't seem particularly worthwhile.

HA! I had the opposite happen. Every group I tried had heavy horde taking all the spawns. When we finally got some I realized the shard drop was abysmal.
Best of all if you think about it we got MORE SHARDS from the original invasions. Why are we getting so much less now? I miss the Invasions in the old world. Felt way more epic and thought out.

People knew what they had to kill and we had ZERO faction tags. I have no idea what blizz is thinking here.
After farming in a full group at the tomb for awhile, I dont think its that the opposite faction is tagging your mobs. I got annoyed seeing grey named mobs so I stopped helping for a bit and just watched, I was clearly seeing my group members hitting things and the name staying red, but a few seconds later the mob name would go grey as more and more people were hitting it

I changed my strategy and started focusing on helping tag mobs as soon as I'd see them, regardless of if I got to them first for our group or not I'd make sure I was one of the first to hit them. And I noticed a big decrease in the number of grey names I'd see.

Finally, as the group dwindled down to about 10 people, I saw almost no grey names period and stopped trying to rush to mobs first and instead just focused on murdering everything

SOOOO what I THINK is happening, is to prevent mass group farming of things at the tombs for shards (or portals under sentinax), what they've done is made it so it greys out to you if you arent one of the first X number of people to hit it, regardless of if they're in your group or not. So lets say its the first 10 people, and you're in a group of 20, if you arent in the first 10 to hit it it doesnt matter if your group tagged it, you wont get credit or be able to loot and its name will turn grey for you.

Sort of a crappy move by blizzard to do something like that and not tell the players about it. I wonder how many wasted player hours have already been sunk into trying to farm for shards in large groups only for the majority of players involved to get nothing for their effort.
03/28/2017 05:42 PMPosted by Puzle
SOOOO what I THINK is happening, is to prevent mass group farming of things at the tombs for shards (or portals under sentinax), what they've done is made it so it greys out to you if you arent one of the first X number of people to hit it, regardless of if they're in your group or not. So lets say its the first 10 people, and you're in a group of 20, if you arent in the first 10 to hit it it doesnt matter if your group tagged it, you wont get credit or be able to loot and its name will turn grey for you

even worse when you in a 2~5 person party and everything is greyed out..... kinda make you wonder what the point is.
epic token is 880 min, btw
Only worth it if you know you're about to get a legendary soon so you can target which slot.

Avg for me is every three weeks