Barrels O fail

General Discussion
So, looks like we can't use the targeting macro for the barrels o fun quest. I wasn't able to do the quest without it (bring on the your a terrible play/person comments). It was already the worst world quest to me and now I'm just going to black list it an move on. So, for what it's worth, really don't like the quest and I'll be avoiding it on purpose.
They made it easier.

I hated this quest, now its way easier to do. No Macro required.
You can still use the addon named barrels o easy. The thing is it will only highlight them after the first round and before you press the button.
Unless you have some legitimate medical issue you don't need help on this quest.
04/02/2017 11:22 PMPosted by Dliver
Unless you have some legitimate medical issue you don't need help on this quest.

Lazy eye, it gets blurry when they start moving.
04/02/2017 11:24 PMPosted by Jerauld

Lazy eye, it gets blurry when they start moving.

I have half a pair of eyeglasses, with dark tint, on my right eye which is the worse one.

Turn up Particle effects, change settings, hold one hand over eye then click button. That is what I do.
04/02/2017 11:19 PMPosted by Mailborn
They made it easier.

I hated this quest, now its way easier to do. No Macro required.

Really? I'll giuve it another try. Before it was like the worst part of going to a carnival. Just needed an evil clown to laugh at you when you failed and take your money to make the frustration absolute. But I'll take your word for it and give it another go...

I have oracular degeneration, my eyesight is pretty terrible. Almost everything else I've been able to find a way to do in game but this quest frustrated me so badly before I found the macro that I wanted to rage quit. I'm going to give it another go but I'm kind of scared...
It's a pretty simple quest. The memory puzzle is the one I hate.
04/02/2017 11:45 PMPosted by Vail

That one is easy, just count the squares when it turns. Its usually 3 by 3 for the majority with sometimes 4.
Oh no this isn't the worst quest... that damned quest where you have to "fly" and follow a trail is. I have never once completed that quest... at least barrel only let's you fail so many times before giving you it.
Do what i do, take a screenshot just before it fills in the board. Then it's a simple counting boxes.

The key to that one (besides the fact that it uses the same patterns over and over again so it gets easier with time as you recognize them) is simply to count out the bricks before each turn.

So instead of trying to visually remember the shape, count - 3 up, 4 left, 5 up, 4 right. Just count the total number of bricks in each segment and then all you have to remember is 4 numbers instead of a complex shape.
Okay, I have to admit, it is much better than it was. It looks like they slowed it down a bit but I still loose track of the barrels when they pass through each other. Still my least favorate quest but I might try it if I have no other options.

Same, my tracking is great but my short term memory is awful. The puzzle is certainly doable though, unlike the barrels quest for people with serious eye conditions.
04/02/2017 11:48 PMPosted by Canevia
Oh no this isn't the worst quest... that damned quest where you have to "fly" and follow a trail is. I have never once completed that quest... at least barrel only let's you fail so many times before giving you it.
Do what i do, take a screenshot just before it fills in the board. Then it's a simple counting boxes.

Wait, what?!! There is a fail threshold?! I'm good, I take it all back!
You couldn't get the quest to complete itself so you will blacklist it. K.
04/02/2017 11:53 PMPosted by Greenbear
Wait, what?!! There is a fail threshold?! I'm good, I take it all back!
Yep, otherwise I'd constantly be getting screwed 3rd or 4th time around. I've never had to do more than 5-6 I forget sorry.

As for the memory as I said just take a screenshot and assuming you play in windowed mode it's easy to pop in open, peek then complete the maze. Just remember to click the F12 or print screen just as the maze starts to fill.
I'll be honest, i fail the last stage every so often when two barrels converge, occupy the same space and have similar trajectories. Its really nothing to be embarrassed about lol just a bit of lazy coding, if it were done properly the barrels wouldn't be able to all go through each other.

That one is so easy for me, but I have a talent for patterns.

Barrels and the jumping one I just can not do.

It is nice that blizz gives us options, tho I find myself skipping Kirin'tor quests as I find them unfun.

I could see around corners before I was 40.

Karma and age will come for you... if you're lucky to live that long.