Barrels O fail

General Discussion
04/02/2017 11:19 PMPosted by Mailborn
They made it easier.

I hated this quest, now its way easier to do. No Macro required.

This is true, and I've done it twice since the nerf, but I'm refusing to do it again for principal.

This was the classic example of "Fun was detected and dealt with accordingly." I'm tired of it.
04/03/2017 12:07 AMPosted by Lyánna
04/02/2017 11:22 PMPosted by Dliver
Unless you have some legitimate medical issue you don't need help on this quest.

I could see around corners before I was 40.

Karma and age will come for you... if you're lucky to live that long.

I see the snowflakes were triggered, but I wasn't being sarcastic - I could see that it would be a challenge for people with impaired vision but it really shouldn't be any kind of challenge (post-nerf) for people with anything approaching normal eyesight. And even if it is the game allows many mistakes.
Didn't they nerf the heck out of barrels?

They definitely move fewer times, go in the same direction less often (which really messes people up), and travel slightly slower.
This quest isn't hard at all. Even before the Macro/Addon for it. It isn't hard to follow one Barrel, and since it moves like 50% slower, it is even easier.

We as a population in WoW is so dependent on Addon and Macro's that we feel lost without them. Bring back the days when we didn't need Addons for Raids.
One thing made barrels easy for me. Noticing that the barrels only move in straight lines. Watch with camera overhead, and observe the direction the marked barrel moves. Then, look for a barrel at the end of that path. No need to follow the whole moves.
04/02/2017 11:15 PMPosted by Greenbear
So, looks like we can't use the targeting macro for the barrels o fun quest. I wasn't able to do the quest without it (bring on the your a terrible play/person comments). It was already the worst world quest to me and now I'm just going to black list it an move on. So, for what it's worth, really don't like the quest and I'll be avoiding it on purpose.

I am actually surprised after they nerfed it I can do it, so pretty sure if you can't do it now you are in a very tiny minority.
I don't understand why they prevented targeting the barrels. A mouse hover target macro is a completely legitimate and super useful skill in WoW! I honestly thought that was the intention of that game, to teach players to quickly mark a target. It just doesn't make sense to me in any other regard.
It can be an annoying quest. I don't like any of the Kirin Tor world quests. Especially the ones with the jump crystals and air dashing. Sometimes the physics goes wonky and I get tossed like a rag doll
04/02/2017 11:15 PMPosted by Greenbear
So, looks like we can't use the targeting macro for the barrels o fun quest. I wasn't able to do the quest without it (bring on the your a terrible play/person comments). It was already the worst world quest to me and now I'm just going to black list it an move on. So, for what it's worth, really don't like the quest and I'll be avoiding it on purpose.
You are the type of person who walks into a McDonalds and expects your food at the check-out before you even order.
There is not one thing wrong with the Barrels Quest, never was. Stop being lazy crying for more hand feeding.
Why would anyone need a Macro for the easiest WQ in the Game? Click a barrel, wait 5 secs, click it again.
#SeriousBusiness
It's been nerfed into the ground already. They move so slowly now a 5 year old could do it. C'mon man!
I failed miserably the first time I tried it, took me forever to finish it. I have to agree that it is much easier today as I have no problems with it now.
I don't have the great vision in the world and I can't keep track of fast moving things. Not everyone is young with super quick reflexes.

Even if they move slower, when they are all piled up on top of each other, I quickly lose track of the "chosen" one, when they take off at lightning speed then slow down all over each other.

There are so many other things that are more important than forcing someone to spend 10 or more minutes on this quest. I would rather just pass it by now.
Worse, I have been working on this for going into 10 minutes, and for some reason, I have clicked it correctly 6 times now and still haven't won. It's not letting the game end it or something.
04/02/2017 11:19 PMPosted by Mailborn
They made it easier.

I hated this quest, now its way easier to do. No Macro required.

Besides that, OP, there's a nice little add-on for it as well. ^_^
I refuse to do any of the Kirin Tor quests except that mana saber thing. I find them all extremely irritating.
Bah! the Kirin Tor quests are dumb, not because they're easy or hard, but because they don't make any sense! I mean, there's no real point to it. Why shoehorn in the kind of minigames that came with windows 3.1.1? What's next? Tetris and Minesweeper clones?? The only one that is remotely interesting is Like the Wind.

imo, puzzle quests (especially stupidly simple ones) have no place in an mmorpg.
The addons no longer work, and for some reason, I can't complete them. I was picking correct barrels for ages with no success.
I said screw it, and went to the enigmatic puzzle and the same thing! It will not complete!

I even ran a scan and repair on my game and you can't complete the dang things!
Could be worse.

https://youtu.be/1G7dEmU9M3U

Used to be a glitch where you couldn't even see what barrel flashed.
05/03/2017 06:28 PMPosted by Shamtastique
The addons no longer work, and for some reason, I can't complete them. I was picking correct barrels for ages with no success.
I said screw it, and went to the enigmatic puzzle and the same thing! It will not complete!

I even ran a scan and repair on my game and you can't complete the dang things!

Barrels O Easy works, but just not for the very first try.

I couldn't see the cube for the Enigmatic wq earlier in Val'sharah, even after a reload. Tried to whistle away and was just put in the water, so I went back onto the island and there it was. Lots of bugs this week.
I don't understand why they prevented targeting the barrels. ... It just doesn't make sense to me in any other regard.

The macro was utterly harmless when applied to the barrels. It's not so harmless when it's applied to Ularogg Cragshaper's Stance of the Mountain in a Mythic 10+ dungeon.