Druid's prowl no longer sneaky!

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 17 Next
One more druid who hates this change. Why?! What? This is not prowling, this is loping around like a half-invisible horse.
So I logged in and was in the druid of the flame cat form look because I logged out last night with the buff active and that still has the old animation for prowl. For any one that doesn't mind that cat form it is something to think about.
Just throwing my voice behind this.

I understand that the old animation might have been awkward at times, perhaps a change might be good and beneficial. However, simply replacing the original prowling animation with the standard run animation is just plain lazy.

It doesn't fit the concept of 'prowl' any better than the original animation. Yet unlike the original animation it makes it more difficult to visually identify that you are, in fact, in stealth. There is no way that this could be seen as anything but a step back. Everything about it, from the perspective of immersion to actual gameplay mechanics, is worse than the original prowl animation. Sure the actual animation itself might be less awkward, but at what cost?

If you want to change and update things like this, that's perfectly fine. I'm not one who needlessly hates change. However, don't be lazy about it. Don't take the easy route. Actually put a little effort in. Because these sorts of corner cutting 'resolutions' just aren't good enough, it's really that simple.
Being sneaky was a nice bit of flavor for stealthed cats. Please bring the animation back or make us a new animation.
Kitty prowl regardless of its "speed" was one of the best animations in the game IMHO.

Removing it without consulting the playerbase to see if it would be a welcomed change is completely and utterly the wrong way to operate.

I'm deeply deeply disappointed in this change.
Alternatively they could make the cat forms larger and thus the steps won't be so frequent and then they can maintain the faster movement speed while still having an appropriate prowling animation.
Please bring back the sneaky prowling this honestly looks like im slowly jogging :C
03/30/2017 01:32 PMPosted by Angrybrd
One more druid who hates this change. Why?! What? This is not prowling, this is loping around like a half-invisible horse.

Dev reason: The sneaky prowl used an animation that caused the legs to move unrealistically fast with high movement speed. Imagine walking instead of jogging at 8 mph. You can only move your legs so fast before taking on a jogging pose.

That being said, I still like the old one. I'll miss it : (
This change is baffling, I among many other people saw no issue with the "old" prowl animation and it made much more sense to me then the current running animation used for it. I highly prefer the old animation compared to the lack of the new one.

Even with the cat-crawl being "sped up" it still made sense since you were quickly prowling around.

As was commented earlier and how I feel exactly:

03/28/2017 02:29 PMPosted by Liger
I feel feral class fantasy of prowling is a bit ruined. There better be a glyph to fix this....

As an extra-edit note about class fantasy, yes the old prowl looked slightly silly. But a touch is silly is 110% druid class fantasy. Do I even need to point out how many sleepy druid bears there are around the world? Heck there's even one running an inn who takes naps! It was very in line with how druids feel.
ye
03/30/2017 01:50 PMPosted by Purrfessor
This change is baffling, I among many other people saw no issue with the "old" prowl animation and it made much more sense to me then the current running animation used for it. I highly prefer the old animation compared to the lack of the new one.

Even with the cat-crawl being "sped up" it still made sense since you were quickly prowling around.

I know what you mean. I had no issues myself with the old animation (yet). I guess they were tied up with the physicality of maintaining that posture while moving the legs so quickly. It's a bit like trying to maintain a walking gait at 8mph. Your gait changes to a jog at some point in order to increase speed (larger strides).
I would very much like to the original animation returned myself. What's prowl if I'm not actually prowling?

(And yes, I know I'm on my shaman...)
wtb old prowl.
*facepalm* Prowl didn't need changing or fixing why.....*sigh* More things to make me sad great. -_- This expansion must be called the attack of druid spells,etc. Cause it's either a fix or something that shouldn't have been touched.

*looks back at Druids during MOP* Those were the days. *sigh*
Damn, that's really disappointing that they changed it. I didn't see anything wrong with the stealthy fast walking look. :/
With removing the old animation of prowl and replacing it with the regular out of prowl cat form run is almost like removing the prowl spell all together. And don't you dare do it blizzard, I'm sure many druids would quit the game if they can no longer stealth at all.
While I was not necessarily a huge fan of the super speed sneak I did like it better then this change. The new stealth animation being the same as normal movement with the same transparent mode looks very lazy to me. I would rather see it reverted to the old animation then this transparent prancing animation.
Want my sneak back...

It's the building blocks of !@#$ that make me want to cancel. Take some %^-* off the !@#$ tree of %^-*, that the druids have to deal with.

Language? Go away. That's an excuse you ivory tower !@#$.
03/30/2017 01:28 PMPosted by Pennoyer
The new animation is far more awkward than the old one from both a visual and gameplay perspective.

A cat looking like they're sprinting at full speed when they're in stealth is silly. Furthermore, it was good to have a distinct animation for when you actually entered stealth.

This is another example of the developer team getting bored and deciding to invent problems for the thrill of 'fixing' them.

This is coders that are afraid they will lose their jobs if they dont come up with something to do to keep their jobs.....

reminds me of Govt workers moving things around on their desk so it looks like they are working.....

I have seen this in other business where coders keep coming up
with something to do that is not needed so they stay on the payroll...
Yeah, I'd totally support the idea of a glyph for this. Seems like the best way to go about incorporating it into the game, too. Doesn't really frustrate those who like the new animation and it keeps those of us who preferred the old from remaining unhappy.