uphold the ToS

General Discussion
Rollback these exploiters,

you are cherry picking who gets away with what.
I'm still yet to find out how anything was being exploited really.

People will cry about anything, they farmed chests using what was available and nothing was the result of a bug like when the AP repeatable WQ one happened.

Just let them enjoy their thing and you focus on you.
04/07/2017 01:13 PMPosted by Anadiction

what was exploited??
This is blizzard nerfing stuff caches, sentinel, legion fall resources etc
04/07/2017 01:18 PMPosted by Wariya
04/07/2017 01:13 PMPosted by Anadiction

what was exploited??

After the fact people abused a loop hole in GF / Serverhop to constantly farm them 24/7 mostly once they hit revered / exalted.
04/07/2017 01:19 PMPosted by Gnomêrlock

what was exploited??

After the fact people abused a loop hole in GF / Serverhop to constantly farm them 24/7 mostly once they hit revered / exalted.

Joining a group, leaving it then joining another isn't a loophole.
I'm still yet to find out how anything was being exploited really..

Nobody exploited anything, it's just people are salty and refuse to see reason.

what was exploited??

if GF / Serverhop was an exploit then the players would of been banned for it, the fact they haven't been banned should be an indication it's not an exploit.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

if GF / Serverhop was an exploit then the players would of been banned for it, the fact they haven't been banned should be an indication it's not an exploit.

He seems to think Server Hop has some magically capabilities that us mere mortals don't have access too.

It uses Blizzard's addon API, it only knows what it does because Blizzards systems are willing to tell it that information. And it's pretty barebones anyway. The only thing it can do over Group Finder is "remember" the servers you've been to (or more accurately keep a record of the realm name of the leader of the groups you've been in). Something you can do by opening notepad and typing the name in there.
oh you guys are still stuck on the chest thing? get over it. there are real exploits going on and being ignored.

the current wq one is a biggie
Just because Blizzard allowed it, enabled it, coded it in, doesn't mean what folks were doing wasn't an exploit. I'm not saying that this was, but the fact that somethings exists is not an excuse for it not being an exploit.

In the end, it's a matter of the after effects. Most things simply end up getting fixed by Blzzard and the "discoverers" left alone.
Yall need to go read up on what 'exploit' means.
04/07/2017 01:50 PMPosted by Anadiction
oh you guys are still stuck on the chest thing? get over it. there are real exploits going on and being ignored.

What WQ exploit because the chest one is the only one that people even kind of think is going around right now.
04/07/2017 01:54 PMPosted by Falckor

What WQ exploit because the chest one is the only one that people even kind of think is going around right now.

I cant help you there as i don't want to post anything about it. there are threads about it currently though, people using it to get high honor gains
04/07/2017 01:54 PMPosted by Falckor

I haven't heard about any WQ exploit/bug, either.
04/07/2017 01:55 PMPosted by Anadiction
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I cant help you there as i don't want to post anything about it. there are threads about it currently though, people using it to get high honor gains

I see literally no threads on it.

Edit: oh the honor guard thing? Yeah that sucks, but creating a vague thread like this just draws more attention to it. Didn't even know it existed until now, was skimming over it before.
Going to copy and paste this from a comment i made in a thread just like this one...

If Server Hop is considered an "exploit", then World Quest Group Finder should also be considered an exploit. They're basically the same thing, but WQGF is more advanced.

You could argue WQGF is worse since it automates the entire process. If a group doesn't exist, it creates a new one for you. The addon makes a group and posts it to group finder, not you.

As a matter of fact, you could argue that WQGF is more responsible for the "exploit" than server hop. Think about it... Where do 90% of those groups that Server Hop uses come from? WQGF automated groups! You literally don't even need Server Hop to realm hop effectively. WQGF gives you a full list of different groups/realms in the premade group tab! Go look yourself! Just click to join them manually and you have no need for Server Hop outside of convenience.

Do you use WQGF? Do you think it should be considered an exploit and those who use it have all the rep they got using WQGF rolled back? No? Didn't think so...

See how such an argument and become very gray, very fast? I'm guessing you don't want to lose addons like WQGF do ya? Because you know that's what will happen if Blizz said "Addons can no longer automate the premade group finder in any way". I understand you guys are frustrated that it's taking longer to get flying, but don't accuse people of "cheating the system" when they, under blizz's terms, aren't doing such.

They could've just as easily opened the premade tab and "Server Hopped" themselves. They just found a way to make it much easier to do it.
that's is automation and still against the ToS
waaah waaaah mommy mommy the other kid got something i wanted first! waaaaah waaaaaaaaaaah.
04/07/2017 02:03 PMPosted by Anadiction
that's is automation and still against the ToS

It's no more automation than WQGF, or DBM, or half the stuff ELV UI does for you, or Postal before Blizz added "Open ALL", or Auctioneer/TradeSkillMaster, or VuhDo/Healbot, etc etc etc.

Automation is where an addon moves or attacks for you. Addons basically just add buttons that easily let you run macros that you already could do without the addon.

All Server Hop/Cross Realm Assist do is easily let you join a random group in the Premade Tab
04/07/2017 01:21 PMPosted by Kuranna

Joining a group, leaving it then joining another isn't a loophole.

That's the definition of a loophole.

But what do I care, I didn't even do that since I was busy wasting time on the challenge.