RP: Astral Form?

Moon Guard
Hey guys! Serious question here.

How does the Astral Form of balance druids fits the lore when roleplaying?

I'm having quite a difficult time trying to figure it out. I'm a tauren btw, just in case it makes any race diffence.

Thanks for your attention!
I would say it really depends on your specific character and their play style. Luna here for example takes "balance" a little too far perhaps and is also versed and practices Arcane and Runic magics and is trying to dabble in shamanism as well. So for her Astral form is literally taking on the power of the stars, Mu'sha, and nature in a heightened sense of reality to channel magic. Powerful, but costly.

You could also use it as a sort of "projection" of your spirit rather than your physical body.

And I'm sure theres many other ideas you could come up with for why your character uses the form! Theres not much official lore behind it, leaving it up to a bit of player interpretation
04/17/2017 05:51 PMPosted by Falunahe
I would say it really depends on your specific character and their play style. Luna here for example takes "balance" a little too far perhaps and is also versed and practices Arcane and Runic magics and is trying to dabble in shamanism as well. So for her Astral form is literally taking on the power of the stars, Mu'sha, and nature in a heightened sense of reality to channel magic. Powerful, but costly.

You could also use it as a sort of "projection" of your spirit rather than your physical body.

And I'm sure theres many other ideas you could come up with for why your character uses the form! Theres not much official lore behind it, leaving it up to a bit of player interpretation

Thanks for the answer! I really like your point of view.

I'm kind of looking into that kind of solution. My character calls for Mu'Sha or An'She help and then becomes covered on astral power, or something like that to justify the tranlucid aura.

I'm really thinking about getting versed on runes as well haha nice character!
04/17/2017 05:51 PMPosted by Falunahe

This is similar to how Nicholas does his balance druid spells. The spec itself has been more defined with Legion as using the arcane and astral power of celestial bodies, as well as using nature magic (like Wrath) to cast spells. In previous expansions, there was a heavier focus on nature, with Faerie Fire, Insect Swarm, Hurricane, but that's since changed.

Nick uses lots of rune magic, from having runes in his sword, runic tattoos across his body, and using runes to cast some spells. If I were to IC use astral form, I'd say it would just be the runic tattoos becoming empowered to enhance his connection with the heavens, therefore, making it easier to cast.
Mirri, having spent most of her life at home in Ashenvale looks at her astral form as a blessing of Elune. Her mothers (yes plural another, longer, story) were both priests of Elune when they retired, so she has always been raised with the knowledge of certain gifts being for the blessed of Her followers. Balance is not Mirri's strongest gift so she has to focus on her connection to Elune to be able to use it. That deep connection when in astral form is also my great RP excuse for missing chat when she is out solo'ing. My story and I am sticking to it.

This is similar to how Nicholas does his balance druid spells. The spec itself has been more defined with Legion as using the arcane and astral power of celestial bodies, as well as using nature magic (like Wrath) to cast spells. In previous expansions, there was a heavier focus on nature, with Faerie Fire, Insect Swarm, Hurricane, but that's since changed.

Nick uses lots of rune magic, from having runes in his sword, runic tattoos across his body, and using runes to cast some spells. If I were to IC use astral form, I'd say it would just be the runic tattoos becoming empowered to enhance his connection with the heavens, therefore, making it easier to cast.

Good point there. I'm really tempted to follow the rune aspect, since I'm doing a tauren and they seem to have a little bit of problem concerning Arcane Magic, but are fine with runes (that is a kind of different approach on arcane, I guess).

So I'll just probably say that my astral form is the moment my runes and nature power commune with me, making a balance between nature/astral forces.

You think that would be ok?

Thanks for the answer!
04/19/2017 06:46 AMPosted by Mirrielyanna
Mirri, having spent most of her life at home in Ashenvale looks at her astral form as a blessing of Elune. Her mothers (yes plural another, longer, story) were both priests of Elune when they retired, so she has always been raised with the knowledge of certain gifts being for the blessed of Her followers. Balance is not Mirri's strongest gift so she has to focus on her connection to Elune to be able to use it. That deep connection when in astral form is also my great RP excuse for missing chat when she is out solo'ing. My story and I am sticking to it.

That's a great idea to explain the astral form!
My only problem with that is because I'm rp'ing a Tauren, and they seem to be more Sun oriented (An'She). But since it's all about balance, I would probably have to say that the blessing comes from both the sun and the moon at the same time, or depending if it's day or night.

Do you think people would frown at me if I say that my Astral Form is the empowerment/blessing of the sun and the moon on me character?

Thanks for the answer!
I think, the biggest thing in all RP, is belief and believably being able to weave it into your personal experience in the character. There is no reason that the balance your character finds between the sun and the moon can not be the astral form. It seems a very good explanation of balance. More so than being turned into a moonkin tbh.